It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How much trouble will the Panthers be this year?
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:26 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

We know they were a team that struggled early on last year because they lost many of their key players to injury, but down the stretch they were able to regroup and win many football games.

They've fixed a lot of issues on their team, adding OG Mike Wahle, CB Ken Lucas, FS Idrees Bashir, FS Marlon McCree, TE Freddie Jones, and our own LB Chris Draft, all competent starters at the very least. Not to mention they added impact players like THomas Davis, Eric Shelton, Atiyyah Ellison, and Evan Mathis in the draft. The only player they lost that was significant was Muhsin Muhammad, but I never thought he was as good as he was hyped last year. He was a player to me like Peerless Price, who had one good season and got paid for it, but will never live up to his contract. He's had 1 good year in the last 4 and I know the Panthers won't miss him very much.

Obviously it would seem the key for them is getting their running game on track this year with the return of Foster, addition of Shelton, and the possibility that Stephen Davis may also be in the mix. Also they still have one of the better defenses in the NFC and it should be even stronger with the additions like Davis, Bashir, and Lucas now.

So are the Panthers the team to beat in 2005, or is it us in the NFC South? Who do you think is the stronger team?

Profile E-mail