Rookie of the Year predictions?

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Rookie of the Year predictions?

Postby Pudge » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:07 pm

Just foreshadowing who may win the 2006 FalcFans.com award for rookie of the year, but which rookie do you think or expect will have the biggest impact in 2005?

I would guess Babineaux, since I suspect he'll get the most playing time out of any player, likely going to play 20-25 snaps per game even as a backup. I don't really expect White to see the field. He's going to have to fight for a #4 job, and this is a team that doesn't use a lot of 4-wide sets, so I suspect unless White is a total surprise, he won't see more than a couple offensive snaps per game this year.

Beck or Boley could surprise and steal a starting job from Demorrio or Ike, but I don't see it. Shropshire, Omiyale, and even Davis may find it difficult to even make the roster. I think all are capable of doing so, but most draft classes have at least 1 guy get cut.

So "Babs" is my early vote for 2005 Rookie of the Year.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:24 pm

I gotta be honest, I think Boley was the steal of the draft for us but I think Babineaux will get the PT to win the award...

Return to “The Huddle”