It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Falcons new schedule includes Prime time TV whats your view?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:12 am 

SAT 8/6
5 a.m.

VS. INDIANAPOLIS
Tokyo Dome
Tokyo, Japan The Falcons and Colts will open the NFL preseason with the 2005 American Bowl in Tokyo, Japan. It will be the Falcons second trip to Tokyo in the last five years, having played the Dallas Cowboys in the 2000 American Bowl. The Falcons own a 6-1 all-time preseason record against the Colts.
SAT 8/13
7:30 p.m.
WXIA-TV VS. BALTIMORE
Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA The Falcons will face the Ravens for their third preseason tilt in as many seasons. The Falcons lost to the Ravens at Baltimore, 24-0 during the 2004 preseason. In 2003 the Ravens defeated the Falcons 13-10 at the Georgia Dome in a game that saw star QB Michael Vick go down with a broken fibula.
FRI 8/19
WXIA-TV VS. TENNESSEE
Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA The Falcons last faced the Titans in week 11 of the 2003 season. After Tennessee QB Steve McNair left the game halfway through the second quarter, Billy Volek entered the game and led the Titans to a 38-31 victory. The Falcons are 2-1 all-time against the Titans franchise in the preseason.
THU 8/25
8 p.m. ET
AT JACKSONVILLE
ALLTEL Stadium
Jacksonville, FL The Falcons and Jaguars last played in the 2003 regular season finale with the Falcons winning 21-14 in QB Michael Vick's third start of the season. 2005 will mark the fourth preseason meeting all-time between Atlanta and Jacksonville. The Falcons are 2-1 against the Jaguars in the preseason.
THU 9/1
WXIA-TV AT MIAMI
Pro Player Stadium
Miami, FL 2005 will mark the Falcons second preseason trip to Pro Player Stadium in three seasons. Atlanta lost to Miami in the third week of the 2003 preseason, 30-21. The Falcons are 3-4 in seven preseason against the Dolphins dating back to 1967.
2005 Regular Season Schedule
MON 9/12
9 p.m ET
VS. PHILADELPHIA
Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA The Falcons begin their 2005 regular season with a re-match of the 2004 NFC Championship game on Monday night at the Georgia Dome. The Eagles won the 2004 NFC title game, 27-10. The Monday night contest will be the Falcons first since 2003 and their 25th appearance all-time.

SUN 9/18
4:05 p.m. ET
FOX-TV
AT SEATTLE
Qwest Field
Seattle, WA For the second time in as many seasons, the Falcons will travel cross-country to play the Seahawks at Qwest Field. In the 2004 regular season finale, the Seahawks topped the Falcons 28-26 in a game that saw Atlanta gain 204 yards on the ground. The Seahawks lead the all-time series 7-2.

SUN 9/25
1 p.m. ET
FOX-TV AT BUFFALO
Ralph Wilson Stadium
Orchard Park, NY Atlanta and Buffalo will be playing for only the ninth time in their respective histories when the Falcons travel to upstate New York in week three. The Falcons last played the Bills in December of 2001 when Chris Chandler threw for a franchise record 431 yards in a 33-30 Falcons victory. The series is tied at 4-4.

SUN 10/2
4:15 p.m. ET
FOX-TV VS. MINNESOTA
Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA The Falcons and Vikings will meet in Atlanta for the second time in three seasons. In 2003, the Vikings defeated the Falcons 39-26 at the Georgia Dome in a game that saw the two teams gain 799 yards of total offense. The Vikings lead the all-time series 14-7.

SUN 10/9
1 p.m. ET
CBS-TV VS. NEW ENGLAND
Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA The Falcons welcome the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots to the Dome for the first time since 2001 -- a 24-10 decision in favor of the Pats. Atlanta owns a 6-4 regular season record against the Patriots, including a 41-10 victory in their 1998 NFC Championship season.

SUN 10/16
1 p.m. ET
FOX-TV AT NEW ORLEANS
Superdome
New Orleans, LA The Falcons and Saints play the front end of the '05 season series in New Orleans in week six. Atlanta and New Orleans split their two games last season, both teams winning at home. The Falcons hold an all-time record of 41-30 against the Saints

MON 10/24
9 p.m. ET
VS. NEW YORK JETS
Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA The Falcons second Monday night game of 2005 will mark only the ninth meeting all-time between the Falcons and Jets and the Jets first trip to Atlanta since 1995. The two teams last played in 1998 in New York with the Jets winning 28-3. The series is knotted a four games apiece.
BYE WEEK

SUN 11/6
1 p.m. ET
FOX-TV AT MIAMI
Dolphins Stadium
Miami Gardens, FL Atlanta last traveled to Dolphins Stadium in week 16 of 2001, when rookie quarterback Michael Vick accounted for 277 of the Falcons 388 yards in a hard-fought 21-14 loss to the Dolphins. Miami leads the regular season series with a 7-2 mark. The Falcons last won in Miami in 1986 with a 20-14 victory.

SUN 11/13
4:15 p.m. ET
FOX-TV VS. GREEN BAY
Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA The Falcons and Packers last played in the Packers first and last games of the 2002 season. The Falcons dropped the season opener 37-34 in overtime at Lambeau, but defeated the Packers 27-7 in Green Bay on January 4, 2003 to end the Packers '02 postseason and hand them their first-ever home playoff loss.

SUN 11/20
1 p.m. ET
FOX-TV
VS. TAMPA BAY
Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA The Falcons 24-14 victory against the Buccaneers in week 10 of 2004 was Atlanta's first victory against Tampa Bay since the 1994 season. The Buccaneers own a 13-10 record all-time against the Falcons and are 5-5 in games played in Atlanta.

THU 11/24
12 :30 p.m. ET
FOX-TV
(National) AT DETROIT
Ford Field
Detroit, MI 2005 will mark the Falcons first-ever Thanksgiving day game and their first game in Ford Field. In week five of last year, the Lions broke the Falcons four-game winning streak, defeating Mora's team 17-10 at the Georgia Dome. Michael Vick passed for 337 yards in a victory over the Lions in week 16 of 2002 -- his career best.

SUN 12/4
1 p.m. ET
FOX-TV AT CAROLINA
Bank of America Stadium
Charlotte, NC When the Falcons last traveled to Bank of America Stadium, the won 27-10 on the strength of a 165 rushings yards as a team and a defensive touchdown by cornerback Kevin Mathis. The Falcons are 14-6 all-time against the Panthers and 5-5 at games played in Charlotte.

MON 12/12
9 p.m. ET
VS. NEW ORLEANS
Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA Quarterbacks and cousins Michael Vick and Aaron Brooks face off on Monday Night Football in the second leg of the Falcons-Saints division series. Atlanta has a 20-15 record all-time when playing the Saints in Atlanta

SUN 12/18
8 :30 p.m. ET
AT CHICAGO
Soldier Field
Chicago, IL The Falcons will be making their first trip to the 'Windy City' since 1993 when they lost a 6-0 game to the Bears. Atlanta and Chicago last played in the Falcons 2002 home opener, with Chicago winning 14-13. The Bears lead the all-time regular season series 11-10.

SAT 12/24
1: p.m. ET
FOX-TV AT TAMPA BAY
Raymond James Stadium
Tampa, FL The Falcons lost to the Buccaneers in Tampa last season 27-0. in 2003, the Falcons knocked NFC South rival and defending Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay out of playoff contention last season with a 30-28 victory at Tampa in the second-last game of the year.

SUN 1/1
1 p.m. ET
FOX-TV VS. CAROLINA
Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA The Falcons wrap their 2005 regular season schedule with the last of their bookend games against division rival Carolina. The Falcons swept the season series against the Panthers in 2004, winning

Archive: 2004 schedule and results

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: My predictions on upcoming season
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:31 am 

Looking at the schedule it will be much more dificult this year to sneek up on teams plus tougher teams to play.

First half of season

1.Philly - loss even though it is at the georgia dome Philly will be primed for this game and i just don't see the improvement with the falcons vs philly
2. at Sea - Another loss,last year the falcon's barely won in seattle but they played most of there starters very little.I think being a short week traveling cros country Seattle will be ready to avenge last years loss
3.at Buffalo - Win
4.Minnesota -at the dome the falcons first win at home
5.New England -loss ,despite bruschi being gone the patriots know how to win and have a tough defense so vick won't scramble as much
6.at New orleans - win
7.Jets - win monday night game at the dome

first half 4-3

second half of season
8.at miami win
9.Green Bay will be a tough game but falcons pull this out
10.Tamap Bay win the nemises has returned falcs must win this to prove to tampa they are team to beat
11.detroit loss thur thanksgiving a short week detroit always gets fired up in there home building will beat the falcons
12.at Carolina loss if the panthers are healthy will be fighting the falcons for the division
13.New Orleans win hard to sweep new orleans but I think this will be the year
14.at Bears loss prime time sunday night a much improved bears team beats the falcons
15.at Tampa loss falcons never win in tampa
16.carolina win falcons need this game

second half 5-4

Overall record 9-7

Falcons will be in hunt for the playoffs and division not sure if they will make the playoffs at 9-7!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:19 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

This is a very demanding schedule. With all the national exposure with Thursday, Saturday, and Monday games there will be many weeks when the Falcons have short rests and it will be a testament to teh coaching staff, trainers, etc. to keep these guys focused and healthy.

BREAKDOWN:

1- PHI - (L) I agree. the Eagles still look too strong for the Falcons to topple them.
2- @SEA - (W) I disagree, the Seahawks are a team that never looked strong to me last year despite high expectations. Considering they lost 4 starters on a weak defense to begin with and none of the replacements are as good as the incumbents, I think Vick is going to do terrors to that defense. I think our defense can match up with their offense, since their WRs are inconsistent.
3- @ BUF - (W) Had Bledsoe been retained, I would have put this one up as an L. The Bills were very tough at home last year and are a strong team despite not having huge sums of talent. But with Losman under center, I don't see them being much of a match.
4 - MIN - (W) The Vikings will be sporting a new strong defense, but without a Moss on offense to tip the scales, I don't see them being a match for us (on our best days). I think their defense will still be gelling at this point, so we can catch them early is a plus. But I do expect this one to be close.
5 - NE (L) - Even with the potential turnover in the middle of that defense we are still not match for them.
6 - @ NO (W) - Always a tough one for this team, but unless the Saints make a big splash in the draft, they are a team that I don't think has improved much from last year. Another very close game.
7 - NYJ (W) - Jets are a very tough team, but considering they have questions along both the OL and DL, I think we can win this one.
8 - bye - as having been the trend over recent years, this has been great timing.
9 - @ MIA (W) - I do expect the Dolphins to be significantly better this year than last year, but I'm not sure Saban & Co. are ready for Vick yet.
10 - GB (W) - I no longer have respect for the Packers.
11 - TB (W) - Since its a home contest, I expect victory from us.
12 - @ DET (L) - The Lions should be much stronger this year than they were last year, and considering we lost to them then this one should be an L, and considering the short rest, it's hard to see the Falcons pulling this one out.
13 - @ CAR (L) - I think it will be the week/year the Panthers finally triumph over Vick.
14- NO (W) - Again, like Week 6, very close, but again I think the Falcons win by a slim margin.
15 - @ CHI (W) - The Bears could prove to be a tough contest, but it depends on how hard they are playing, something I've questioned over the past few years.
16 - @ TB (L) - I still think it's going to be some time before we ever sweep the Bucs.
17 - CAR (W) - Revenge is so sweet.

So I think again we're looking at a 11-5 record. We could definitely do better, but considering the possibility we'll have 4-6 new starters this year, I really see that as the ceiling for us in 2005.

Of course injuries are another matter. As a general rule, whatever prediction I make based on the schedule, I always subtract 1 win from it. So my mid-April projection for the team season is 10-6. Of course these will be subject to change after the draft and as training camp rolls around.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:14 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

My view is that I will now have 3 Tuesday's off from work due to this schedule...