It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lance Schulters worth our attention
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:32 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Schulters almost came under the axe by the Titans this off-season, and I think most observers would agree that he is a guy that is probably playing his last season in Tennessee.

And there's probably still a chance that the Titans could cut him in June, but that depends on if they draft a quality FS in April.

Schulters was a great piece under Mora in San Francisco, and I guess you could say he was the ideal safety that played under him, so he was both good against the run and pass, and played both FS and SS.

Schulters will be 30 in a few months, and he's had injury history, but if you were McKay/Mora, would you contact the Titans on possibly draft day looking at a trade?

I have a feeling most people will say no, but I think if you wanted us to get Darren Sharper, then you should feel the same way about Schulters.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:37 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I actually only saw one season (last year) where Schulters had injury problems. He's never been a big INT guy, but he is a solid tackler. He would fit in very well with our defense, not only because of his history with Mora, but also because of his read/recognition skills playing close to the LOS. He's better in zone rather than man coverages which is what we play. I would see him as an upgrade to Cory Hall, but he would be a short-term solution at S. He would be a good rotation player with another S who is better in coverage. I guess I wonder what sort of deal we would need to put together with TEN in order to make it happen. It seems that TEN is hurting from a cap standpoint and will probably have to go into rebuilding mode for a couple years. This might mean we could send a draft pick over for Schulters. It would releave more cap space for them and a new prospect. What sort of pick are we looking at? And how much $$$ will Schulters sign with us for? I would say perhaps we could give a 4th or 5th to TEN for him, and then sign him to an incentived contract where he makes a bit more than the vet minimum but has a chance to make more if he can stay healthy and productive.