It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Falcons Tanked It?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:13 pm 

The conspiracy theories are now flying that the Falcons tanked that game and either felt that the Saints needed the win or the league paid the Falcons to lose. I personally don't believe it, but, I will point out during most of that game the Falcons where not even playing 100%.

Last edited by dirtybirdnw on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:40 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

lol thanks for the laugh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:41 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Yes, let's blow a game and risk not making the playoffs because we feel sorry for an NFL team. Puhhlease!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:50 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

I could have sworn I saw the cigarette man standing on the Falcons Sideline. Que Music...the truth is out there!!! :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:58 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

Come on now whens the last time you saw Crump dropping balls like that one in the endzone? Maybe George Bush had something to do with it he's Reggies daddy right? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:16 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Jeeper wrote:
Come on now whens the last time you saw Crump dropping balls like that one in the endzone? Maybe George Bush had something to do with it he's Reggies daddy right? lol

LOL we gotta blame Bush!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:23 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

YUP...I moved to Washington State from ATL...GWB is the whoopin boy for anything and everything out here from 9/11 to the Sea Hawks losing the superbowl so I figured when in Rome....

Post subject: Re: Falcons Tanked It?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:34 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

dirtybirdnw wrote:
The conspiracy theories are now flying that the Falcons tanked that game and either felt that the Saints needed the win or the league paid the Falcons to lose. I personally don't believe it, but, I will point out during most of that game the Falcons where not even playing 100%.

Conspiracy or not....no way no how was any team but he Saints gonna win last night. If it was close the ref's would have seen to that. Just my opinion, but....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:03 pm 

Jeeper wrote:
YUP...I moved to Washington State from ATL...GWB is the whoopin boy for anything and everything out here from 9/11 to the Sea Hawks losing the superbowl so I figured when in Rome....

Welcome to my world Jeeper! Liberal conspiracy's are common life here. It's a lovely thing. I remember one day I was in downtown Portland and over heard some guy actually say that he believed that Bush was the reason Katrina struck and destroyed New Orleans.

I've also heard...

- The U.S. government detonated the levies to force them to fail.
- It was a well planned attack by the U.S. government to destroy the twin towers and then the Pentagon to force America into war.
- Bush is the reason why the United States suffer from natural disasters.
- In general anything negative that happens to the U.S. (natural in occourance or otherwise) or any unfair happenings are all the fault of Bush or the U.S. government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:19 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

In dealing with george Dubya, i like to stick to the facts. since this is a football forum, i won't get into the reasoning why he is one of the biggest liars and fools to ever walk this planet...that is for another forum. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:53 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

Definately Dirty. It blew me away at first now I just shake my head in bewilderment at some of the trash I hear. BB you may have a point or maybe he just plays a fool on tv...at any rate...I don't think I'm voting for him next time...hehe OK the Bush thing started as a joke...back to football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:29 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

it was a fix man, the NFL put the squeeze on us to throw the game.....

here's how I figure it worked out...

it all starts with the first game of the year. The Cardinals were given a chance by the NFL to pick the team they got to play in the new stadium for their home opener. They chose the 49ers because they figured they'd be a good team to beat up on. ***THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED*** so the Cardinal owe the NFL a favor...

the NFL knew the Saints needed to win this game. It was good for the leauge, good for the city, and it's what everyone across the nation wanted to see happen. So they put pressure on us to throw the game. That's why we never tried to run the ball, that's why our TE with the best hands of any TE in the NFL dropped two passes in the endzone. That explains all our other drops and the ease in which the Saints blocked both of those kicks. Our guys simply let them..... now the NFL owes us a favor.....

which brings us back to the Cardinals, who we play next week. Remeber early in the week when Green made Leinart the starter? Then he back-tracked and made Warner the starter again? The switch back to Warner was at the suggestion of the NFL, knowing that he'll not be able to hold onto the ball against John Abraham (who's gonna be back this week). Watch, Kurt's gonna have at least 3-4 convenient turnovers this coming Sunday and we're gonna kill the Cardinals. With the Cardinals doing this they repay thier favor to the NFL and the NFL in turn repays the favor to us by making sure we go into our bye week 3-1......

ITS A FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, oh man that was fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:14 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

I think the new Commish, (with the old commish), met on a dark runway outside of New York, with Arthur Blank....They said " look here Blank, you still have huge interests in Home Depot. New Orleans needs rebuilt. The NFL is working with the Govt. to provide contracts and money to local citizens for housing renovations, classes etc. We will make sure that Home Depot is involved in these projects. Also Blank we have already invested millions of dollars in rebuilding the Super Dome. We know you have the better team, but we want you to use your influence on the coaching staff to make sure the Saints have a better of winning than they normally would. But it HAS to be very discrete. The refs aren't aware of this as to make it even more believeable. The league office can make it really tough on you, as you know we have recently hired Ray Anderson to our team .He has brought to our attention some significant irregularities on your finances regarding the Falcons. We know you want the Super Bowl...Do what we say and these issues will be dealt with and result in certain favors being granted....ignore us and you will be very sorry."

Blank then went to Mora and laid it all out. "Do you want to continue to coach this team???"...the rest is history. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:25 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

NFL spending 20 million in a multi multi billion dollar industry... spare me that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:50 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Steve-O wrote:

it all starts with the first game of the year. The Cardinals were given a chance by the NFL to pick the team they got to play in the new stadium for their home opener. They chose the 49ers because they figured they'd be a good team to beat up on. ***THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED*** so the Cardinal owe the NFL a favor...

the NFL knew the Saints needed to win this game. It was good for the leauge, good for the city, and it's what everyone across the nation wanted to see happen. So they put pressure on us to throw the game. That's why we never tried to run the ball, that's why our TE with the best hands of any TE in the NFL dropped two passes in the endzone. That explains all our other drops and the ease in which the Saints blocked both of those kicks. Our guys simply let them..... now the NFL owes us a favor.....

which brings us back to the Cardinals, who we play next week. Remeber early in the week when Green made Leinart the starter? Then he back-tracked and made Warner the starter again? The switch back to Warner was at the suggestion of the NFL, knowing that he'll not be able to hold onto the ball against John Abraham (who's gonna be back this week). Watch, Kurt's gonna have at least 3-4 convenient turnovers this coming Sunday and we're gonna kill the Cardinals. With the Cardinals doing this they repay thier favor to the NFL and the NFL in turn repays the favor to us by making sure we go into our bye week 3-1......

lol, oh man that was fun

if the Falcons players hadn't mailed it in they'd be 3-1 after Sunday regardless.

i can't believe professional athletes allowed that debacle to happen. obviously there is no conspiracy going on. however the Falcons players didn't get up for that game. i just don't understand it. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:53 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Game obviously wasn't fixed but that was probably the biggest trap game i've ever seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:59 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Steve-O wrote:

lol, oh man that was fun

:D

That's good stuff!!!

:D