It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Media Showing Atlanta Love
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:36 pm 

I've been noticing more and more the media seem to be jumping on the Falcon bandwagon. Listening to Colin Cowherd he's proclaim the Falcons the 3rd best team in the NFL and second only to the Seahawks in the NFC.

I guess tonight Atlanta needs to validate the building hype. We lose tonight and the building media hype pops.

Post subject: Re: Media Showing Atlanta Love
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:11 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

dirtybirdnw wrote:
I've been noticing more and more the media seem to be jumping on the Falcon bandwagon. Listening to Colin Cowherd he's proclaim the Falcons the 3rd best team in the NFL and second only to the Seahawks in the NFC.

I guess tonight Atlanta needs to validate the building hype. We lose tonight and the building media hype pops.

And this means exactly what???? We need the media hyperbole??? I can do without it. I'm sure the players feel the same way. Well "some" of the players anyway. All the media hype does is raise the expectations to the point where it becomes a distraction. I would rather just keep flying under the radar.It doesn't matter if we are "ranked" first or tenth. Remember Indy last year when they were undefeated??? where did they end up??? what's important is where we are in Feburary...not September.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:34 pm 

It is just nice to see the team get some recognition. I enjoy being the under dog but on occasion it is nice to see the proper respect paid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:00 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

dirtybirdnw wrote:
It is just nice to see the team get some recognition. I enjoy being the under dog but on occasion it is nice to see the proper respect paid.

Sorry DB...but that whole "respect thing" really burns me up. You get respect by winning Rings. One could argue that Indy gets more respect than NE does, even though NE has 3 rings and INDY has zero. The bandwagon will fill up from here on out, but i would rather we lose a few and not get all caught up in the media mania. We are 2-0. Let's make it 3-0 and call it a night.

Profile E-mail