It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFR - Bradford out again
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:19 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Hmmmm, it looks like I was correct. I know you can never predict injuries, but it seemed that Bradford was always ailing. I said months ago that StL should draft another QB and they decided to pass. My opinion was not only based on his injury history, but his mediocre play. He was never more than an average QB.

Now, the Rams will be looking for QB in next years draft. This year is pretty much shot unless you believe Shaun Hill can light it up. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) they will probably end up 7-9 with that defense.

I know the Falcons and Rams won't do this, but is there any TE or LB on the roster that would be trade bait for Yates

Post subject: Re: NFR - Bradford out again
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:09 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Shaun Hill is a decent QB. He'll fare better than people probably think. He's spent the bulk of his career being a backup on bad teams (Mike Tice's Vikings, Mike Nolan's 49ers, and Jim Schwartz's Lions). We should have signed him this offseason, but alas now we're going into a season with T.J. Yates or Sean Renfree being a heartbeat between us and the playoffs. :naughty:

As for the Rams should have drafted another QB. They had a lot invested in Bradford. I think you can call them out for sticking with Bradford when they had a prospect like RG3 in the draft 3 years ago, but the past 2 QB drafts have been pretty weak. Now it's certainly possible that Bortles, Manziel and/or Bridgewater may turn out to be a pretty good QB one day, but I'm not sure you can say any one of them are clearly a better QB prospect than Bradford.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: NFR - Bradford out again
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:46 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

None of the QBs of the last two years may not be a better prospect than Bradford. My belief is unless you have a top ten to fifteen QB (and Bradford hasn't been that) you need to at least take a QB in Rd 2 or 3. Last year, they could have had Geno Smith in 2 or Mike Glennon in 3. I would have taken the flier on Glennon. This year they could have taken a flier on a couple of QBs in 3, 4 or 5.