It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: predictions?
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:15 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

I won a raffle/door prize at the Autism walk yesterday..It is for 3 people to spend two games in one night at a local bowling alley, and bowl as a foursome for two standard games with a 'current Falcons player'.

So June 2nd I'm there...Now, I am not deluded enough to think Ryan or anyone of importance is gonna be there..so, who does that leave? Will I most likely see a 'teams' guy, or could I get lucky and get to bowl with someone we drafted late?

Wondering because this is an obvious Marcus/Blank 'character' project, and I won it at the A.W...I am just wondering 'who' they send out for these kind of early camp type public relations missions...

:!:

Post subject: Re: predictions?
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:52 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Paul Worrilow. That's my guess.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:57 pm 

Yeah I'd go with a Worrilow, Alford, Bartu, McClain. Perhaps if lucky Atlanta is trying to expose some of their rookies to the Atlanta area fans and you might luck out with Matthews or some mid-round picks.

I'd bet on the recent "workingman" stars of last year.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:43 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Yeah I'd go with a Worrilow, Alford, Bartu, McClain. Perhaps if lucky Atlanta is trying to expose some of their rookies to the Atlanta area fans and you might luck out with Matthews or some mid-round picks.

I'd bet on the recent "workingman" stars of last year.

I would be cool with that. It wasn't pricey..Not a big bowling guy. but seems like a fun time!

I just dont wanna get stuck with some guy destined for the cut squad.But that okay, too..

I would love to share a beer with ANY of those guys :up:

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:43 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jake Holland

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:52 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
Jake Holland

if so, I am telling him he is too slow and often goes over the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vB9U2hx6Qg

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 pm 

Honestly, considering you won't score any higher than a Worrilow I'd want to meet with Matt Bosher. Dude is bat s*** crazy enough to be entertaining. You may even be able to try and convince him he needs to do a Water Boy style flying clothes line on some poor sideline coach not paying attention during the kickoff rundown.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:17 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Honestly, considering you won't score any higher than a Worrilow I'd want to meet with Matt Bosher. Dude is bat s*** crazy enough to be entertaining. You may even be able to try and convince him he needs to do a Water Boy style flying clothes line on some poor sideline coach not paying attention during the kickoff rundown.

Id love Worrilow. He shares a name with my kid,and didn't he lead the team intackles? Im worried I will get Seth or someone destined for the cut squad....Not that much. Would be cool to have a new guy

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:58 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Oh, and if you're looking for a 3rd, I'd be happy to oblige. ;) (though I'm sure you already have your posse picked out)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:58 am 

You can probably be pretty confident that you'll get someone from the prior years regular roster. It may be a bench player but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't send a bubble player to represent the team.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:18 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Fun Gus, I use to buy that stuff all the time at Falcons Luncheon, Or Falcon's club, so be creative; bet your Falcon $50 he can't get 10 starters there...... Oh I use to run a restaurant in my 20s in Roswell, offer them all
the beer they can drink........I sincerely had about 25 Falcons coming in after practices and games...... Since I was giving it away, beer is real cheap
from the keg.

Or on night two say you want Coach Smith and Thomas D. their.... I've asked the Falcons for stranger stuff and got it!!

Ask Blank if he bowls in a suit; then ask him to prove it (:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:38 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Let's hope you don't bowl with:

Sam Baker: High probability of sustaining an injury to back, knee, thumb or any number of body parts. Just have him open the door for you because he's best at letting people just walk right by him anyways.

Julio Jones: Those damn bowling shoes don't have enough support for his fragile foot. I'm pretty sure the bowling alley would frown on the steel toe boots he should be wearing.

Steven Jackson: Dreadlocks may get caught in the ball return. We need him for the running game this year.

Lamar Holmes: Actually, probably a real fun guy to be with, but does not have the stamina to bowl a full 10 frames. You're day will feel incomplete.

Roddy White: Will definitely call you out on twitter. Not sure if you would like the exposure. Might even bet you on twitter that he can beat you, then when you bowl your 300 he will renege on it anyways.

Any rookie or 1 year vet: Your constant berating of TD and Smitty during the bowl-athon may cause emotional distress or contract extensions not to be signed by these young, unmolded minds. The front office will be scratching their heads the next day when they receive 18 trade requests and 3 retirement papers......

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:31 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
Let's hope you don't bowl with:

Sam Baker: High probability of sustaining an injury to back, knee, thumb or any number of body parts. Just have him open the door for you because he's best at letting people just walk right by him anyways.

Julio Jones: Those damn bowling shoes don't have enough support for his fragile foot. I'm pretty sure the bowling alley would frown on the steel toe boots he should be wearing.

Steven Jackson: Dreadlocks may get caught in the ball return. We need him for the running game this year.

Lamar Holmes: Actually, probably a real fun guy to be with, but does not have the stamina to bowl a full 10 frames. You're day will feel incomplete.

Roddy White: Will definitely call you out on twitter. Not sure if you would like the exposure. Might even bet you on twitter that he can beat you, then when you bowl your 300 he will renege on it anyways.

Any rookie or 1 year vet: Your constant berating of TD and Smitty during the bowl-athon may cause emotional distress or contract extensions not to be signed by these young, unmolded minds. The front office will be scratching their heads the next day when they receive 18 trade requests and 3 retirement papers......

AJ51 is in rare form this week! :rofl:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:32 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Ok Gus,

Then ask them if you can bowl with .............and name who you want......

Matt Ryan could be a bowling freak (: I'm serious, ask and it shall be given to you. I think that's out of the Bible, but it doesn't come true every time; I've just had great success & failures when asking for special stuff....

Gus YOU'RE A winner!! SO ASK !!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:13 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cyril, when you were in your 20s the Falcons weight room had a dirt floor....seriously. Times have changed. But you never know unless you ask. :dance:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:18 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Peter Konz is going to come on by and your dreams will come true.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:56 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
Cyril, when you were in your 20s the Falcons weight room had a dirt floor....seriously. Times have changed. But you never know unless you ask. :dance:

I admit I am not one of those that typically 'asks'. It is one of my many deficiencies, like speling :wink:

But, I do not think I 'can'. Basically, it was one of those 'drop your card in the goldfishbowl' type deals, where they tell you where to go and when to show up, and 4 pairs of 3 get to play two games with 4 'current' Falcons players...Plus, the 'card in question' was Mrs Gus, which means my assbaggery will have to be contained...I think also there are some business connections in there beyond, like Mrs FG 'knows' someone there, so I cannot invite my 'usual' Falcons friends...

RAP, I may get back to you. Seriously, we may need a third that does not have a hook, a face tattoo, a thong, openly spark up weed, and can generally be less offensive then me.It's not difficult... You may be that sucker. I am not going to agree to letting one of her female friends waste this chance 'flirting' ( she has already floated that idea, and her single friends in their 40's now are hags, or damaged goods ) so I have an edge there.

stay tuned

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:02 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

fun gus wrote:
backnblack wrote:

I admit I am not one of those that typically 'asks'. It is one of my many deficiencies, like speling :wink:

But, I do not think I 'can'. Basically, it was one of those 'drop your card in the goldfishbowl' type deals, where they tell you where to go and when to show up, and 4 pairs of 3 get to play two games with 4 'current' Falcons players...Plus, the 'card in question' was Mrs Gus, which means my assbaggery will have to be contained...I think also there are some business connections in there beyond, like Mrs FG 'knows' someone there, so I cannot invite my 'usual' Falcons friends...

RAP, I may get back to you. Seriously, we may need a third that does not have a hook, a face tattoo, a thong, openly spark up weed, and can generally be less offensive then me.It's not difficult... You may be that sucker. I am not going to agree to letting one of her female friends waste this chance 'flirting' ( she has already floated that idea, and her single friends in their 40's now are hags, or damaged goods ) so I have an edge there.

stay tuned

:lol: ...an under used phrase, no doubt.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:24 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Gary Busey

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:06 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
Gary Busey

Hello pants

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:37 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I had my best success in my 40s, but if your not comfortable with it; I'd
certainly understand.....I'm not usually like that either, but the Falcons screwed so much up, I had no problem pointing out what they screwed up, then asking for more......

You'll have a good time regardless!!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:52 pm 

RobertAP wrote:
Pudge wrote:
Gary Busey

Hello pants

Hello Lamp.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:32 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Hello Prince Shembo

and Roosevelt Nix. They had 22 rookies and 4 vets in attendance. We got Shembo and Nix. next to us was the QB we got from Cornell(?) and a safety ( Kimarrio? Demarrio?)

Nix was really personable. We had like 9 women, one 6 foot 4 gay guy ( who doesn't know he is gay, or isn't out, but loves football. I think he wierded out Shembo a little..). two of the girls were single, and were flirting heavily with Nix. Im rooting for this guy. He is converting to fullback..

I asked if I could buy him a beer, and he said all the rookies were forbidden to drink, but the veterans were not. I did see Dominique Davis getting bought tequila shots at the bar, but I guess if I was in his shoes, I'd be drinking, too. Pudge says Ryan's going down this season :wink:

Really great time. In practice I bowled two consecutive strikes followed by a spare. When the real game started, I sucked big time. :whistle:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:59 am 
Superstar
Superstar

In unrelated news, 22 Falcon rookies and 4 vets including Dominique Davis have asked for their unconditional releases at Flowery Branch this morning............ 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:36 pm 

Very cool, Atlanta introducing the rooks to the town.