It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what happens if we go 8-8?
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:48 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://jeffschultz.blog.ajc.com/2014/05 ... erns-real/

Falcons not wowing Vegas: Are concerns real?

By Jeff Schultz

According to the first post-draft odds in Las Vegas the Falcons are 40-1 win the Super Bowl (via Bovada). That places them tied for only 13th overall, and maybe more significantly only tied for eighth among NFC teams.

These odds fall in line with previously released over-under win totals. The Falcons are projected to win only eight games in 2014 season (via Cantor gaming), which puts them behind New Orleans and Carolina in the NFC South, as well as Seattle, San Francisco, Green Bay, Chicago and Philadelphia in the conference. (Complete odds are listed below.)

As we know, oddsmakers set odds based on public perceptions in hopes of getting equal wagering on both sides. It’s not necessarily a direct prediction, “The Falcons will go only 8-8,” but it’s remarkable how on target Las Vegas usually is. (That’s how they can afford all of those big buildings.)

The point of me bringing this up is to pose the question: How confident are you in the Falcons? I’ll have a column later on MyAJC that mostly will focus on one lingering area of concern on the team, post-free agency and post-draft. But here are a few thoughts on some areas on the team:

• Offensive line: The addition of tackle Jake Matthews in the draft and guard Jon Asamoah in free agency, both likely starters, should improve pass protection and run blocking. But it’s uncertain how left tackle Sam Baker, plagued by injury problems in his career, will rebound from a knee injury. Center also remains uncertain, where Peter Konz has struggled and Joe Hawley has been a solid veteran backup.

• Defensive line: Tackles, anyone? Paul Soliai and Tyson Jackson were signed. The Falcons already had Jonathan Babineaux, Corey Peters, Peria Jerry and Travian Robertson at defensive tackle. What they’re short of are quality defensive ends. Second-round pick Ra’Shede Hageman was a nose tackle at Minnesota, but the Falcons think at 6-6, 310 pounds he can play on the end. Osi Umenyiora, Malliciah Goodman, Jonathan Massaquoi and Stansly Maponga are back. I’m just not seeing a lot sacks there.

• Outside linebackers: Kroy Biermann is coming off a torn Achilles. Sean Weatherspoon is coming off foot and knee injuries that limited him to seven largely ineffective games. Prince Shembo, a fourth-round pick from Notre Dame, could be in the mix. There are no certainties in this group.

• Tight end: Tony Gonzalez is gone (really, this time). Levine Toilolo probably will start. I know there’s a lot of concern in the fan base about this position but I don’t see it as a pressing need. If the running game improves and the receivers can stay healthy, reducing the tight end role in the offense won’t be a concern. If the running game and receivers fail, the tight end won’t matter anyway.

• Running back: I like the pick of Florida State running back Devonta Freeman in the fourth round. He’s not big (5-8) but he’s physical and can be used as a receiver out of the backfield. But Steven Jackson has something to prove.

That’s all for now. I’ll have more in a column later.

How far do you see this team going?

Here are the complete Super Bowl odds”

Odds to win the 2015 Super Bowl XLIX

Seattle Seahawks 6/1

Denver Broncos 7/1

New England Patriots 15/2

San Francisco 49ers 15/2

Green Bay Packers 12/1

Chicago Bears 20/1

Indianapolis Colts 20/1

New Orleans Saints 20/1

Philadelphia Eagles 22/1

Carolina Panthers 28/1

Kansas City Chiefs 33/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 33/1

Arizona Cardinals 40/1

Atlanta Falcons 40/1

Baltimore Ravens 40/1

Cincinnati Bengals 40/1

Dallas Cowboys 40/1

Houston Texans 40/1

New York Giants 40/1

San Diego Chargers 40/1

Cleveland Browns 50/1

Detroit Lions 50/1

Miami Dolphins 50/1

Minnesota Vikings 50/1

St. Louis Rams 50/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 50/1

Washington Redskins 50/1

New York Jets 66/1

Buffalo Bills 75/1

Tennessee Titans 75/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 100/1

Oakland Raiders 100/1

Here are the complete over/unders (via Cantor Gaming):

Team 2014 wins
Over 2013 wins Differential

Broncos 11 -115 13 -2
49ers 11 +100 12 -1
Seahawks 11 -110 13 -2
Packers 10 -105 8 2
Patriots 10 -125 12 -2
Saints 9.5 -105 11 -1.5
Bengals 9 -115 11 -2
Colts 9 -115 11 -2
Steelers 9 -110 8 1
Bears 8.5 -105 8 .5
Eagles 8.5 -125 10 -1.5
Panthers 8.5 -120 12 -3.5
Ravens 8.5 -110 8 .5
Texans 8.5 -110 2 6.5
Chargers 8 -120 9 -1
Chiefs 8 -125 11 -3
Cowboys 8 -120 8 0
Falcons 8 -120 4 4
Lions 8 -115 7 1
Dolphins 7.5 -125 8 -.5
Cardinals 7 -120 10 -3
Giants 7 -110 7 0
Redskins 7 -110 3 4
Bills 6.5 -110 6 .5
Browns 6.5 -105 4 2.5
Buccaneers 6.5 -130 4 2.5
Jets 6.5 -120 8 -1.5
Rams 6.5 -120 7 -.5
Titans 6.5 -110 7 -.5
Vikings 6.5 -110 5 1.5
Raiders 5 +110 4 1
Jaguars 4.5 +100 4 .5

Post subject: Re: what happens if we go 8-8?
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:53 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

as far as prognostication goes, I have said it before, and I will repeat myself here.....

moreso then anyone else, Vegas usually 'gets it right'. Because they actually have 'skin in the game'.

That being said, I expect us to have a winning season, but not make the playoffs ( as of right now ).

sooooo...if what Vegas predicts comes true, what happens if we go 8-8 and Ryan doesn't get injured? Does Smitty or TD get shown the door? If Ryan gets injured, would Blank give them another pass?

discuss....

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:24 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I think TD is safe no matter what.

If the team goes 8-8.....Smitty may or may not be in trouble. It depends on how they play. If the team tunes him out, obviously he has to go. If they finish 8-8 but play hard....that may be a different story. The Falcons are going to have a lot of new faces in lots of places....sounds like a new scheme coming the defensive side of the ball. 60% of our O-line will be new faces.

I'm guessing if your anti-TD/Smitty you want immediate results

If you're pro-TD/Smitty you may realize the "newness" may take more than a season to come together

We shall see.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:44 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

AJ51 is right, it depends on what kind of "8-8 season" it is.

If it's a Jim Mora 8-8 where the team starts 5-3 and finishes poorly, and gets beat soundly by every playoff team they face (TB being lone exception), then it doesn't bode particularly well for Mike Smith.

Now if it's a Mike Tomlin 8-8 where there are a couple of hiccups here and there, but mostly it's a competitive, hard-fought seasons where a couple of breaks could have led to 10-6 and a playoff berth, then I think Mike Smith is relatively safe.

But we'll see. A lot of it will depend on whether Arthur is in that Super Bowl or Bust mode that so many fans are in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:01 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

AngryJohnny51 wrote:

I'm guessing if your anti-TD/Smitty you want immediate results

If you're pro-TD/Smitty you may realize the "newness" may take more than a season to come together

We shall see.

so, what your saying is 'it's a process'? :shock:

first it was a 'three year plan'. Then, when we got to three years, it then became a 'five year plan'.

now it's an 'eighth year plan'?

In year nine, the new stadium opens. Methinks Mr Blank is not going to be happy without another postseason win, at the bare minimum.He called out both after the Giant Fiasco(tm), and the Green Bay Beatdown, last season called the team 'soft'. openly.

Vegas and Blank don't cotton to 'excuses. Results is what matters, not platitudes or plans.

I think a losing season and one if not both are gone next year.

a winning season(maybe) or a postseason berth,and they get one or two more years...

if they go to the Big Show anytime before the new stadium opens, all is well.

just my opinion.... :whistle:

Last edited by fun gus on Wed May 14, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:41 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
so, what your saying is 'it's a process'?

Actually, I didn't say that at all. All I'm saying is we will have a lot of new faces playing extended minutes in a new system. You can call it what you want, I'll stick to what it is.

Quote:
first it was a 'three year plan'. Then, when we got to three years, it then became a 'five year plan'.

The 5-year plan almost got us to the promised land. 10 yards away as a matter of fact. From where this franchise was in 2008 to where it went in 2012 in that short of a time period is actually impressive. Too much focus on the negative from "fans", especially in an injury plagued 2013 season.

As for a 8 year plan? You're just making that up to stir up the pot and get a reaction from the knee-jerkers. I guess that's your MO and that's fine. It livens up the board. If the Falcons win a Super Bowl in 3 years I'll gladly accept this 8 year plan you speak of. Why not take it a step further and say the Falcons have been on a 48 year plan? :mrgreen:

Quote:
.He called out both after the Giant Fiasco(tm), and the Green Bay Beatdown, last season called the team 'soft'. openly.

Yup, and it seems the team has gotten bigger, stronger and tougher through FA and the draft. But, as we all know that isn't good enough for some....
We didn't trade away the future for Clowney or Mack.....a worry of many anti-TD'ers here pre-draft, yet somehow it's still a fail by the brass anyway. :roll: I'm not sure what ya'll expected, but I'm guessing even if it did happen that way you'd still complain any how.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:08 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
Quote:
so, what your saying is 'it's a process'?

Actually, I didn't say that at all. All I'm saying is we will have a lot of new faces playing extended minutes in a new system. You can call it what you want, I'll stick to what it is.

Quote:

The 5-year plan almost got us to the promised land. 10 yards away as a matter of fact. From where this franchise was in 2008 to where it went in 2012 in that short of a time period is actually impressive. Too much focus on the negative from "fans", especially in an injury plagued 2013 season.

As for a 8 year plan? You're just making that up to stir up the pot and get a reaction from the knee-jerkers. I guess that's your MO and that's fine. It livens up the board. If the Falcons win a Super Bowl in 3 years I'll gladly accept this 8 year plan you speak of. Why not take it a step further and say the Falcons have been on a 48 year plan? :mrgreen:

Quote:
.He called out both after the Giant Fiasco(tm), and the Green Bay Beatdown, last season called the team 'soft'. openly.

Yup, and it seems the team has gotten bigger, stronger and tougher through FA and the draft. But, as we all know that isn't good enough for some....
We didn't trade away the future for Clowney or Mack.....a worry of many anti-TD'ers here pre-draft, yet somehow it's still a fail by the brass anyway. :roll: I'm not sure what ya'll expected, but I'm guessing even if it did happen that way you'd still complain any how.

now, see, had I known that the 'five year plan' was to 'almost' get there, that could have saved me a lot of angst!!. :mrgreen:

Arthur Blank did not 'almost' build a multi-million dollar franchise, just 'kind of' selling hammers and such....and Im pretty sure the way he has addressed TD and Smith after their failings: he never said he wanted to be 'competitive'. He said he want's a Superbowl appearance, at the very least.

Injuries, Sminjuries. The Green Bay Packers came into our house, beat up as badly as we were last season, dominated us and went on to win the Superbowl. Blank had a front row seat for that, and the Giant Fiasco. That excuse cannot extend for 2 consecutive years..

And now that we have the 'back to back' off our back, and we've won substantially more games then we lost under any other regime, that doesn't excuse 'complacency', and is a rather sorry 'excuse'.

The bar has been set: nothing short of a playoff win will redeem this crew. If we get to the playoffs, and get smoked again, do you think a businessman like Blank, already fielding bad press for his stadium and PSL shenanigans, is giving them another pass? That would be 6 postseason losses, with one win in 8 years.. I don't. One of the two, if not both are outta here.

Also, I give them a solid 'C+' for this years draft, that's not 'complaining..That would be a 'D' or an almost impossible 'F'. But, if you look at the 2nd and 4th rounds, that's a pretty big gamble.....Im not saying it's good or bad, because we haven't seen what these guys can do: but if they struggle, the microscope goes on. If they perform well enough, then we can look back and bump it up to a 'B'. But TD thinks he drafted A+, and the only thing worse then complacency is delusion. Now here's the part where someone says 'Well, Fun Gus, he was asked to grade himself, what do you expect him to say?'..How 'bout this: "I don't grade myself, I let that get worked out on the field.'. Then we can have the 'cute' discussions about how great these guys are because we have sucked so bad for so long :roll:

It's like we have been conditioned to accept and expect mediocrity. Just getting to the playoffs and getting owned is 'mediocre', because the teams that are not, go on to the Big Dance. Saints have a ring, they sucked longer and worse then us ( I know, cheaters ). Tampa's got one, too. Oh yeah, The Panthers were 1-15 in 2002 and then in 2003 went to the SB and almost beat the 'Pats, fresh off their 2001 SN win with Tom Terrific..They went 12-4 last season. We went 4-12 last season. Their coach was COTY. Ours was 'Coach on the Couch'...

It almost like we get to the dance, and then get the fat chick to dance with us, and maybe cop a feel, meanwhile, the rest of the NFC South is taking home the hot chicks and fingerbanging them in the limo, but we need to be happy with Piggy Von Teetles.

Enough of this horsesh*t 'but,but,but lookit how bad we were!'. This is a 'show me' sport.

:whistle:

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:08 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
I think TD is safe no matter what.

He might be but I think he's really sucked the last few years!! I like Coach Smith but he can't do anything without players...... I would trade our Defensive line & linebackers with about anybody.

8-8 will be tough but I think with some luck we will do that!! The Falcons just aren't very good!! Who are the defensive linemen or linebackers??

Their's just nothing to be very positive about. Running a football team is so different from running other businesses; look at what Arthur has accomplished; he's helped slightly in our winning 5 division titles in 47 years..... We have not just sucked lately; we've always sucked!!

Arthur should not keep T.D. & Smith if he expects to win 11 or more games...... That's just a fantasy!! At 8-8 I think T.D. & Smith are gone!!
9-7 they probably stay but they just don't have any good linemen....

Their new Rookie was a good pick and may be very good soon, but college picks who become pro's are very seldom good their first year....
The Falcons just don't have very good linemen on either side of the ball.

I'd consider 9-7 a great year!!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:44 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Cyril wrote:

I'd consider 9-7 a great year!!

made my point exactly.

we would look at this team, and even a 'winning' season is considered 'great'. :wink:

:whistle:

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:28 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Fun Gus,

I don't understand your point??

Look I just don't consider the team any good......I liked them about 4 years ago; then T.D. went the last 4 years without getting a decent lineman every year..... No Linemen-----No Team!!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:57 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Cyril wrote:
Fun Gus,

I don't understand your point??

Look I just don't consider the team any good......I liked them about 4 years ago; then T.D. went the last 4 years without getting a decent lineman every year..... No Linemen-----No Team!!

I'm just saying the idea that a 9-7 team as being 'great' or having a 'great' season says a lot....

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:06 pm 

Cyril wrote:
I like Coach Smith but he can't do anything

Fixed that for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:54 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Oh Boy,

Wait till I start helping you with your posts.... Man
they'll finally be great with my help (: and shorter, much shorter (:

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:03 pm 

Cyril wrote:
Oh Boy,

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:45 pm 

We can look no further than the GM and coach for not producing results. I don't think we can pick and choose and usually the problem can be summed up between the two positions. TD for not getting the players and Smith for not doing the right thing in time of need. I do wonder about Coach Smith saying he was to lax in preseason last year. He is changing things this year but it gets back to being complacent.

Before last year the Falcons produced winning seasons every year. I guess that is what Coach Smith calls success. TD can always point to the winning seasons and thinking he did his job. I hope last years pitiful 4-12 record is a reminder that the club has a long way to go to being an elite team. One playoff win in 6 years you have to do better than that gentlemen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:30 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Look in truth this franchise has been just terrible and before we got Smith,
a head coach left the team in the middle of the season as we went 4-12 again; in 2007. Before Then Arthur Blank bet our franchise on Michael Vick.

Look the truth about this franchise is our record; in our 47 years we have
won 312 games and lost 402. These are facts, if you think its turning around just think of our history and what our future looks like.

Regardless of what people think of Blank he will soon be seen as just another stiff of the Atlanta Falcons.

At least the Smiths got us to a Super Bowl.......and that was without trying.

Just Facts!!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:53 am 

Still banging that Arthur Blank Sucks table? You will be cursing that man til your dying breath, huh Cyril? :wink:

I usually get very doom and gloom in June every year, which I think comes from fatigue from reading all the glowing spin pieces made by the media/teams about how "this year is gonna be our year!"

So if I'm already this low and we're only halfway through May, I might have to be put on suicide watch in 2 weeks.

My negativity stems from my belief that 2013 exposed the limitations of this coaching staff, in their inability to make proper adjustments. And thus it was the final straw to realizing that the ceiling of this current regime is very limited. Because the coaching is mediocre, it means the personnel/talent evaluation portion must balance it out. It's not. I've been saying this for years, and most of the time people said it was just me nitpicking. And I should either stop complaining, or the front office couldn't possibly be doing a poor job because we were winning.

And the guy driving that bus shall go nameless, but his name rhymes with Byril.

I thought I could learn to appreciate it having been to the NFC Title game in 2012, but last year was just an abysmal year to have to sit through. Especially since I had to come up with weekly takeaways for both Bleacher Report and FalcFans.com. I just ran out of stuff to say for BR by the time we got to around Week 10 or 11.

4-12? I mean, c'mon. There's absolutely no way a team helmed by Matt Ryan for 16 games should ever lose more than 9 games in a season if they're adequately coached. Even when the Saints have been at their absolutely weakest, they were never worse than 7-9. So what does that say? Mike Smith is no better than Joe Vitt.

We were the WORST TEAM in the NFL last year in Week 11. You guys don't remember do you? We got RAN OFF THE FIELD by the Buccaneers, a 1-8 team. Let me repeat that, a little louder: 1-8 TEAM WHOOPED OUR ASS!

And you keep trying to say that it was personnel, and not coaching.

http://falcfans.com/takeaways-from-week-11-9445

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:31 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
Still banging that Arthur Blank Sucks table? You will be cursing that man til your dying breath, huh Cyril? :wink:

I usually get very doom and gloom in June every year, which I think comes from fatigue from reading all the glowing spin pieces made by the media/teams about how "this year is gonna be our year!"

So if I'm already this low and we're only halfway through May, I might have to be put on suicide watch in 2 weeks.

My negativity stems from my belief that 2013 exposed the limitations of this coaching staff, in their inability to make proper adjustments. And thus it was the final straw to realizing that the ceiling of this current regime is very limited. Because the coaching is mediocre, it means the personnel/talent evaluation portion must balance it out. It's not. I've been saying this for years, and most of the time people said it was just me nitpicking. And I should either stop complaining, or the front office couldn't possibly be doing a poor job because we were winning.

And the guy driving that bus shall go nameless, but his name rhymes with Byril.

I thought I could learn to appreciate it having been to the NFC Title game in 2012, but last year was just an abysmal year to have to sit through. Especially since I had to come up with weekly takeaways for both Bleacher Report and FalcFans.com. I just ran out of stuff to say for BR by the time we got to around Week 10 or 11.

4-12? I mean, c'mon. There's absolutely no way a team helmed by Matt Ryan for 16 games should ever lose more than 9 games in a season if they're adequately coached. Even when the Saints have been at their absolutely weakest, they were never worse than 7-9. So what does that say? Mike Smith is no better than Joe Vitt.

We were the WORST TEAM in the NFL last year in Week 11. You guys don't remember do you? We got RAN OFF THE FIELD by the Buccaneers, a 1-8 team. Let me repeat that, a little louder: 1-8 TEAM WHOOPED OUR ASS!

And you keep trying to say that it was personnel, and not coaching.

http://falcfans.com/takeaways-from-week-11-9445

ouch

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:19 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cyril wrote:
Oh Boy,

:lol:

I believe one thing the comparative records of Brees without Payton and Matt helmed Falcons last year demonstrates is that Ryan is not in Brees' league. And while you pooh poohed the notion of TG being waived from much of training camp as an issue with the team with a long and redundant post I still believe that it was a sign of what had gone wrong. You like to call it complacency while others might call it arrogance, over confidence, entitlement or whatever but the team--much like the post SB Falcon team--thought they could just show up and win. Injuries were a factor but the main injury was a broken resolve. There are some locker room problems. I think Smitty is a bit too white color or analytical at times--oddly enough--and that a little rah rah wouldn't hurt. Maybe Cox and Tice can provide this. I'm not expecting a lot from the team this year but, then again, I didn't expect much in 2008. Having egg on your face can sometimes have a powerful effect.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:48 pm 

So maybe Tony sitting was a symptom of the problems in Atlanta, but it was by no means a cause.

The causes of the Falcons not winning games had to do with Ryan missing reads, Dirk Koetter's poor game plans and play calling, a bad offensive line, not sitting Roddy early in the year, Julio Jones getting hurt and the coaches thinking Brian Robiskie and Drew Davis could fill that void, red-zone inefficiency, poor tackling, blown coverages, no pass rush thanks to cutting our best pass rusher in favor of Anonymous Osi, etc.

The Pats roll out their vice coverage in Week 4 and the Falcons make NO ADJUSTMENTS the following week as the Jets do the EXACT SAME THING! Do they ever split Tony out wide so that its harder to roll coverages and double him? NO!

The team struggles in the red zone and doesn't even play Toilolo instead going with the always reliable Harry Douglas, Davis and Darius Johnson instead. :roll:

Let's run Quizz on the goal line instead of Snelling vs Jets! Let's call 17 passes to 1 run in red zone vs Patriots!

Let's not attempt a deep pass until were down 2 or 3 scores in the 2nd half because its really gonna make a difference at that point! After throwing the ball down field vs Bills and subsequently seeing our offense look the best it had been all year, lets go right back to the same old conservative play calling that netted us just 14 points per game instead of 34!

Its THESE reasons why the Falcons finished 4-12 last year.

And whether Tony was at or not at camp for a few weeks doesn't have any impact on the coaches and players' abilities to make the right call/play! It really is just an isolated incident that may have been symptomatic of the things to come, but has nothing really to do with them.

And then on the other hand, you have folks like Cyril basically saying Smitty's hands were tied because of a bad OL. Which is utter BS because it trivializes the 48 other things that this team did wrong this year.

Part of my beef is sooo much criticism for the coaches has been centered on these intangible problems, whether letting Tony skip ruined our locker room or whether Smitty can't instill a killer instinct. Its ridiculous when there are 48 TANGIBLE issues that need to be addressed first and foremost.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:59 pm 

Wow great post Pudge. :clap: After 6 years of Smitty being coach and Koetter running the offense the itme he has been here I just don't have that confidence this team can get over the hump. ADJUSTMENTS ARE A NECCESSARY PART OF THE GAME AND IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT YOU NEED TO FIND ANOTHER JOB. :idea:

I'm watching the Heat get beat today and they were interviewing the Miami players like Lebron and Wade saying will make the necessary adjustments for next game. We know in th NFL you have to make adjustments during the game (Miami Heat and all good teams do this duh) so for Smitty and Koetter not making adjustments just tells me do they have a clue how to win the game. Maybe its that old adage we are going to do what we do best and try and stop us if you can. Well if the other team continues to stop you time after time shouldn't you make some adjustments to beat the opponent? :beef: I suggest Smitty and Koetter read a book called WHO MOVED MY CHEESE. The mouse is in a maze and can't figure how to get the cheese. Time after time he gets stumped and then finally :idea: :idea: he makes an adjustment and gets his goal the cheese. The men make great money so how you don't know how to make adjustments at this point I don't know. If we are ever going to get to the promised land things have to got to improve with the entire organization. TD needs to make better player choices, Smitty and the coaches need to make adjustments, the players need to execute. If you can't get it done plenty of people would like to have a chance to take your job. :idea:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:09 pm 

My take on the original topic of this thread... I think as Pudge and other folks have mentioned earlier on that the type of 8-8 season the Falcons have will determine if any one gets axed or not. At this point they shuffled most the assistant coaches so you can't go back to that trough so the onus falls on Smith & Dimitroff though I think Blanks gives Dimitroff a longer leash.

I think the same can be said of a 9-7 season as well. If the Falcons get trounced in the 7 losses and squeak out those 9 wins it might lead to the axe falling somewhere. I would think only a 10-6 season guarantees all players an extra year.

I'm still not convinced that Smitty or Dimitroff have jobs on the line coming into this season unless it is another disaster season south of 7-9.