It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm still trying to figue this out??
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Do the Falcons have anyone who will rush the passer?

I mean if you can't really rush the passer can you win more than 5 or 6
at best?

Post subject: Re: I'm still trying to figue this out??
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:15 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Cyril wrote:

at best?

Can you wait until tomorrow to post this? The team had one pick tonight and they made the right choice. Give a rest tonight and stop sounding silly.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:38 am 
Superstar
Superstar

EMMITT,
I wasn't just talking about the draft...... They won't find anyone except perhaps someone in the 2nd round if lucky. (at least not for next year)
from the draft.

Damn you always want to throw some s*** into your replies!! Their's nothing silly about not being able to rush the passer. I have had a lot on my plate, and had hoped we got someone else from somewhere who's not a star, but can maybe rush the Qb at least as well as Bierman.....??

So I was asking for info I didn't know, if I was as up to speed as I usually am, I wouldn't have to ask a question so some asshole can answer it
sarcastically!!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:09 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Cyril wrote:

There are still several guys on the board who could provide that.

Demarcus Lawrence, Kony Ealy, and Jeremiah Attaochu would be good fits for what we're trying to do. I don't know if the Falcons are in love with any of these three guys, but I'm fairly certain that at least one of them will be available when we pick tomorrow night. These guys are not that far behind some of the already drafted DE/OLB prospects.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:11 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Cyril wrote:
So I was asking for info I didn't know, if I was as up to speed as I usually am, I wouldn't have to ask a question so some asshole can answer it
sarcastically!!

We have Osi, Biermann, Massaquoi, Maponga... That's about it. We do need to get someone else. See my previous post. ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:02 am 

I am hoping for Lawrence even though he may lack in coverage skills as a 3-4 olb I think he can rush the passer the best. I can't get Trent Murphy out of my mind either and would love to see him on the team. There is something about a smart savy player who knows how to play the game. Teddy Bruschi didn't have great physical skills but was a star. Ealy would be a 4-3,3-4 def end. No way can he play olb he's to big.

Teams like the Rams,Seattle,San Fran,the Bears with their 2 def ends,Arizona its going to be hard to get a wild card if the Falcons don't win the division. Right now TD needs to come up big and find at least 2 players who can have the potential to be quality starters. This is why the 49ers and Seattle have come up big and our in the position they are in. They know how to find star players. Now TD must find some if we ever want to close the gap.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:44 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Cyril wrote:

at best?

:rofl:

Stop it. Just stop it.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:37 am 
Superstar
Superstar

You posted this thread during the draft. What do you want the Falcons do last night? You call them out for not getting a pass rusher, when they didn't have the opportunity to do so. Will see tonight, no need to post a repetitive thread. That's why I'm calling you for this redundant/unnecessary post. Stop crying.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:52 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Cyril, looks like now that Emmitt's nasty mouth and poison pen chased me off the site from posting questions, he can now turn his jack boot attitude toward you. Congratulations on your promotion to public enemy #1! :clap: :dance: :up:

As for your question, I waffle back and forth, but obviously the trenches are where we need the most help. My question is, if Mathews isn't a LT, and we're stuck with Baker, then why didn't we try to move one spot for a true pass rush impact player like Mack? To me shoring up the right side isn't nearly as important as getting some kind of pressure on the opposing QB, so NO, we have no one that can rush the passer, and YES I still think we can win more than 5-6 games, we'll just never make a run into the playoffs, or if we get there will be one and done. Also, it will be another year of having Cam and Brees pick us apart and losing twice to both those teams, joy!

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:23 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
we'll just never make a run into the playoffs, or if we get there will be one and done. Also, it will be another year of having Cam and Brees pick us apart and losing twice to both those teams, joy!

This team will go as Matt Ryan goes. He took a beating last year. He needed protection. Matthews isn't sexy, but he was the right pick at 6.

Not sure why all the negativity....it's early!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:41 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
Cyril, looks like now that Emmitt's nasty mouth and poison pen chased me off the site from posting questions, he can now turn his jack boot attitude toward you. Congratulations on your promotion to public enemy #1! :clap: :dance: :up:

Everyone is prone to have a lapse of judgement and say something stupid. Cyril has thrown some stupid things in my direction. (I think we all have at some point)

For the most part, if you ask them to lay off, they will do so. Just be respectful. I can only hope that showing that kind of respect will be returned in kind.

One thing I try to get people to understand is that as soon as you start attacking the person rather than discussing the topic/idea, you're making yourself look foolish to the more intelligent people present. Also, returning such attacks makes you look equally foolish. If you feel the need to respond to such an attack, point out the attack, and indicate that you are willing to debate the merits of the topic/idea, but you're not going to engage in personal attacks. This obviously has random results, but it is the correct way to proceed.

I hate the idea of anyone feeling that they cannot post here. I have been in that situation before, and I have explained it to the others. I believe that the general consensus is that this community is made stronger through diversity rather than group think. Some of the best posts on here have gone against the grain of traditional thinking. Again, all I can ask is that people show respect towards one another, and debate the merits of the topic/idea rather than attack the person.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:53 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Cyril wrote:

at best?

Yes, they do. They're not elite, in fact some would call them JAGs, but we do have folks who are capable of it.

Yes, you can win more than 5 to 6 games a year without a dominate pass rush. You could make the argument that we've never had even a "good" rush during the entire Smith tenure, and yet before last year we didn't win less than 9 games a year.

All that said, yes, I'd consider pass rushing help the biggest area of need, now that we have a potentially solid OT (and OL) out of this draft.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:55 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

RobertAP wrote:
MarylandFalcon1 wrote:

Everyone is prone to have a lapse of judgement and say something stupid. Cyril has thrown some stupid things in my direction. (I think we all have at some point)

For the most part, if you ask them to lay off, they will do so. Just be respectful. I can only hope that showing that kind of respect will be returned in kind.

One thing I try to get people to understand is that as soon as you start attacking the person rather than discussing the topic/idea, you're making yourself look foolish to the more intelligent people present. Also, returning such attacks makes you look equally foolish. If you feel the need to respond to such an attack, point out the attack, and indicate that you are willing to debate the merits of the topic/idea, but you're not going to engage in personal attacks. This obviously has random results, but it is the correct way to proceed.

I hate the idea of anyone feeling that they cannot post here. I have been in that situation before, and I have explained it to the others. I believe that the general consensus is that this community is made stronger through diversity rather than group think. Some of the best posts on here have gone against the grain of traditional thinking. Again, all I can ask is that people show respect towards one another, and debate the merits of the topic/idea rather than attack the person.

Shut up, stoopid.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:13 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Emmitt Wrote " You posted this thread during the draft. What do you want the Falcons do last night? "

Obviously they picked an offensive player!! I said I'm not as up on the Falcons squad as I usually am so I asked if we had anyone who could rush the passer? Maybe I could have said anyone ELSE who can rush the passer?? Regardless it wasn't a shot at our #1 pick..... If it was; I would have said so plainly as I always do!!

We needed a tackle badly so I think it was a good pick if the guy can play
NFL football. When we had Abe he was getting as many sacks as the rest of the line; so I thought the Falcon rush was really good because of Abe in our winning years.

Thanks for some of you giving quality replies. I'm not worried about Emmitt, if he wants to be a prick with me he won't last unless I'm asked to leave.

This is small potatoes, its I was just getting tired of Emmitt's bullshit and sarcasm and my question was really a simple one; that I just didn't know if we'd picked up someone else in the off season that perhaps could rush the passer, it obviously didn't have anything to do with our #1 pick who we needed and played offense tackle.