It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bill Poulian's viewpoint
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:18 pm 

Once again management reacts and not proactive in their business. It would be nice to have management ahead of the 8 ball for once. Why wait till things break down to fix something or in the case of Ryan wait till he takes you to the brink when his stock is highest for him. :idea:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:52 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Robert, I was watching the NFL station today and heard this: I didn't think it up, but its a little closer to what you were talking about..... Dallas didn't give up all that much though, but Tony D. was no sure thing as a pro?

Dorsett was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys with the second pick of the first round of the 1977 NFL Draft. The Cowboys traded the 24th pick in the draft and three second-round choices to the Seattle Seahawks to move up to take Dorsett.[9] Dorsett signed a five-year contract for a reported $1.1 million. It was the second largest contract signed for a rookie. Ricky Bell (running back) beat Dorsett with a contract the same year as the first round draft pick for $1.2 million.[10][11][12][13] Dorsett played with the Cowboys through the 1987 season.

In Dorsett's rookie year, he rushed for 1,007 yards and 12 touchdowns and won the Rookie of the Year honors. Dorsett was announced the starter in the tenth game of the Cowboys' season, and he would stay the starter for many years. Dorsett was the first player to win the college football championship one year, then win the Super Bowl the next, when the Cowboys beat the Denver Broncos 27–10 to win Super Bowl XII. In his sophomore season, 1978, Dorsett recorded 1,325 yards and nine touchdowns. The Cowboys once again made the Super Bowl, and lost 35–31 to the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XIII.

Dorsett's most productive season was in 1981, when he recorded 1,646 yards.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:00 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Opps time flies, I think you had a 20 year rule (: I thought Tony D. was playing 5 years ago, but I guess that was at Fulton Co. Stadium. Closer to
15-25 years ago.

Tony D, Emmitt Smith, I wonder what a new Michael Turner could do for us?