It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Falcons Might Take Aaron Donald at 6
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:54 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9646

April 24th

Contrary to recent published reports I’ve been informed Cyrus Kouandjio is not a first round target for Miami Dolphins general manager Dennis Hickey. In fact I was told the team won’t consider him in the first frame due to medical red-flags. It seems Zack Martin is the object of their desire but the team does not expect the Notre Dame product to be available when they are called to the clock in round one. Who then? Sources seem to think Hickey will attempt to trade down if the opportunity arises. If they are able to trade down Joel Bitonio, a name that keeps popping up in the late first/early second round area, is a player they like. The Dolphins did hold a private workout with Bitonio.

No defensive lineman has moved up draft boards faster than Aaron Donald of Pittsburgh. So the question is where will Donald end up? I’m told the talented lineman could be selected as early as the 6th pick or as late as the 16th choice. The Atlanta Falcons own the sixth selection and the feeling is if the quarterbacks fall and none of the top offensive tackles or pass rushers are available at the selection they could look in Donald’s direction. I’m told the New York Giants will consider Donald at 12 as will the Chicago Bears at 14. If Donald somehow lasts to the 16th pick it will be manna from heaven for the Dallas Cowboys. I was told weeks ago Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli expressed to Donald the desire to draft him during combine interviews. There are many reasons for Donald’s rise but as one source pointed out none are greater than the interior pass rush he brings to the field.

Tomorrow, Friday the 25th, at least 23 teams will travel to Bloomington, Indiana for the on campus workout of receiver Cody Latimer. At least twelve wide receiver coaches are expected to be on hand as will Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly and Pat Shurmur, the teams offensive coordinator. Latimer was recently worked out by Carolina Panthers receiver coach Ricky Proehl. There’s little debate that Latimer is the fastest riser at the receiver position. I’ve spoken with several sources who tell me he won’t get out of round two and could surprise late in round one. There are a number of reasons for his ascent but the two things I continue to hear as the biggest factors are 1) his 4.43s forty time at pro-day and 2) the way Latimer consistently wins out for contested passes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Falcons Might Take Aaron Donald at 6
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 pm 

I'd love to have Donald on the Falcons. It's hard to find interior linemen who can rush the passerI think Donald is being overlooked and in the long run could be one of the best players in this draft.

Profile E-mail