Clowney

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

Clowney

Postby starley657 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Just watched his pro day and he looked good. Not sure how he'd do as an OLB but he could be devastating at DE. With that said I think Houston takes him and drafts Mettenberger in second round. If the Falcons fall in love with him then it would cost a lot to get him. Next year's number 1 for sure and this year's 1 and 2. I think it's too much. Not so much worried about next year's number 1 cause I hope we are high 20's but we need this year's number 2 for a safety.

What do you think it would cost to get to number 1?

samedi
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: Clowney

Postby samedi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:42 pm

Too much.

FS, RB, OLB, ILB, NT, TE, OT, WR all need attention.

And--as I've said before--if they cannot be successful without Clowney then the whole FO needs to be changed out.

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Postby fun gus » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:02 am

samedi wrote:Too much.

And--as I've said before--if they cannot be successful without Clowney then the whole FO needs to be changed out.

:clap:
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:12 pm

I still think the Texans draft Clowney.
Fear the BEARD!

Wease
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Wease » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:29 pm

samedi wrote:Too much.

They are in the place to where they can get an incredible player at 6 and probably a very good player in the 2d round. Using up those picks just means there is another hole not filled.

The issues with Clowney are not physical. I think there is a chance he could be this decade's Aundray Bruce.

W
Fantasy League Champion 2010
Pick Em Co-Champion 2011

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Clowney is simply too talented to not be a good NFL pro, assuming injuries don't derail his career like they did Andre Wadsworth and Courtney Brown (two guys that were pretty good the rare times they were healthy).

But whether he's the sort of dominant, game-changer remains to be seen. But IMO, the absolutely worst he is an 8-sack a year guy. Kinda like what Ray Edwards was, or Justin Smith was in Cincinnati.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Postby fun gus » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:23 am

Pudge wrote:. But IMO, the absolutely worst he is an 8-sack a year guy. Kinda like what Ray Edwards was, or Justin Smith was in Cincinnati.

worst case scenario:

"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:15 am

When your own coach (Spurrier) says he didn't work as hard as he could have, that should be the biggest red flag of all. It's pretty hard to measure someone's heart, but where there's smoke there is usually fire.

Return to “The Huddle”