Schefter reporting...

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

Schefter reporting...

Postby starley657 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:29 pm

That we are looking to move up in the draft. I hope not but if we do I hope it's for Mack. Think we need to stand still for now.

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Schefter reporting...

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:53 pm

Right now I don't really care who we draft as long as they can come in and make an immediate impact. I'm not a huge fan of Clowney (because of the desire issues) but if we do move up and get him I hope he proves me wrong. Come in like a raped ape and dominate.

I do think we need to go defense, but if TD surprises and goes OT then same thing, come in and make an impact. Keep Ryan's backside clean and blow open holes for the RB's.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:19 pm

I'd still like to see Atlanta grab one of the top 2 offensive tackles in the draft. I would much rather see Baker start at RT or server as top backup to both LT/RT. He'd be a damn expensive backup but I don't really want to rely on the dude fulltime at LT.
Fear the BEARD!

GuitarHeroJunkie
Veteran
Veteran

Postby GuitarHeroJunkie » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:06 pm

I was listening to a local sports talk show here in the ATL on Friday and one of the hosts (Chuck Oliver) suggested we take Matthews at 6 and potentially trade up from 37 to 29 (Pats pick) and maybe get Dee Ford as well. I wouldn't mind that at all but if Ford isn't there, stay at 37 and see who falls to us.
Got Vicodin?

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

Postby DaveWaz » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:15 pm

My ideal draft, we stay put and get Mathews at 6 and Ward at 37, both can start right away, both are high motor, high effort guys, if we need to trade up a few to take ward and give away a 4th I'm fine with it. Long term this should give us two solid starters both of which could be pro bowlers in 2-3 years....
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!

Return to “The Huddle”