a 7th for Peppers?

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

a 7th for Peppers?

Postby fun gus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Julius Peppers - DL - Bears
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bears are shopping RE Julius Peppers for trade.
It's the likely certain precursor to Peppers' release. Peppers' 2014 salary cap number is nearly $20 million, and Chicago needs that space to be active in free agency as well as sign its rookie class. At this point, GM Phil Emery would probably accept a late seventh-round pick for Peppers, although he won't even get that. Expect Peppers to be dumped by Tuesday afternoon.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

a late round seventh? wouldnt it make sense to bring him in as depth? who are you going to find in the late 7th that is better? Plus, if we get Clowney, he would help him out since he is often compared to him,...

:ninja:
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

The Mattural
Superstar
Superstar

Re: a 7th for Peppers?

Postby The Mattural » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:27 pm

I would do it but the deal would be contingent on new contract that would pay him a lot less. If they did make that move it would more than likely signal the end of Osi in Atlanta.
The Young Gunner

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:17 pm

I wouldn't trade an 7th rounder for an elite level Peppers @ $20 million in cap charges.
Fear the BEARD!

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

Postby DaveWaz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:23 pm

No point in trading when they will just cut him anyways, then we can try and sign him. I'd actually be happy with him or Jared Allen, who actually played at a higher level than Peppers last year. Sign one of them and a guard, draft a tackle with our first and we look allot better quickly.
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Postby fun gus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:54 pm

DaveWaz wrote:No point in trading when they will just cut him anyways, then we can try and sign him. I'd actually be happy with him or Jared Allen, who actually played at a higher level than Peppers last year. Sign one of them and a guard, draft a tackle with our first and we look allot better quickly.

good point! :!:
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:39 am

That would be a bad trade for the reasons Dave stated. Peppers has some talent, but the best you're hoping is he has one last "Andre Carter" year in him like what Carter had 2-3 years ago with the Patriots, but then quickly showed there was nothing left after he got injured.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “The Huddle”