It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Another second-year receiver to keep your eye on ... &
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:45 am 
Role Player
Role Player

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5720828

In the beginning of minicamp, White was actually booed by the home crowd for a few drops. By the end, he was the star of the show, catching every ball thrown in his direction.

We asked White if it was difficult playing with Mike Vick, a quarterback who is at his best when he runs. White said, "Sure, you are just getting into your break and you hear the crowd roaring because Mike has already taken off. But Mike (Jenkins), Brian (Finneran) and me have been working long and hard with Mike (Vick) this year. We have a new offensive coach in Bill Musgrave, who is working with Greg Knapp. Mike (Vick) really seems to like him. He wants to stay in the pocket more and use his weapons. And we have to produce. We have to earn his trust. That's what I've been about this spring and summer."

White put up some legendary numbers at the college level at UAB. The fiery Jim Mora seems to like his work ethic, hands spunk. Finneran is reliable, and Jenkins is tough; but White clearly has the most talent and upside in the Falcons' passing attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:40 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

White def. has potential.. I don't question that he could be a star in the NFL, I just hope that Vick can settle down and get some accurate passes to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:57 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

AtlGraff07 wrote:
White def. has potential.. I don't question that he could be a star in the NFL, I just hope that Vick can settle down and get some accurate passes to him.

I'm betting the extra work Vick and the WRs put in this off season will payoff. i also think Musgrave is going to be a great help for Vick in regards to accuracy.