It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Apparently Matt Ryan's new trick...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:10 pm 

...Is consistency in throwing pick 6's.

Post subject: Re: Apparently Matt Ryan's new trick...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:41 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Well WHEN YOU HAVE 7 SACKS THEN 9 AGAINST THE SAME TEAM, it will make you throw the ball too fast. Its obvious our O-line is costing Ryan most of his problems. !!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:33 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I don't know who's to blame on that play, Ryan or Douglas.

It was amazing to me that one snap at the end was probably what cost us the game, on a day when we gave up 9 sacks.

That said, it's almost like we went into this game with the intention of proving that the offensive line sucked. The phantom snap at the end of the game was just icing on the cake.

I sincerely hope that everyone realizes that the problems with the offensive line were an organization wide issue. TD failed to get the right talent, Smith and the rest of the coaching staff failed to develop the talent that was there, and obviously, the guys on the field were bad. I wouldn't mind seeing a shakeup of the entire group of those responsible.

The same is true of the defensive line. If we could have fielded a decent line this year, Worrilow would probably be the rookie of the year. He's a freaking beast.

The Falcons have to address the lines in the offseason. I believe they also need to address the reason(s) that the lines were allowed to get the way that they are, but I'm guessing that nothing is going to be done there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:05 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

RobertAP wrote:
The Falcons have to address the lines in the offseason. I believe they also need to address the reason(s) that the lines were allowed to get the way that they are, but I'm guessing that nothing is going to be done there.

I hope you are wrong. For sure Smitty should stay but TD and McVay need to have an untimatum. "Either fix it quick or hit the road".

We need consistent, effective pass rush (getting rid of Abraham and signing that over the hill Osi should be a big nail in TD's coffin) and get that from Free Agency not the draft that TD seems not to be able to identify talent. Where did Carolina get the likes of Hardy? We need some of that talent!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Cyril wrote:
Well WHEN YOU HAVE 7 SACKS THEN 9 AGAINST THE SAME TEAM, it will make you throw the ball too fast. Its obvious our O-line is costing Ryan most of his problems. !!

:roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:58 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

MF1 had to hack your account right DBird? You are usually a good poster and don’t post garbage like this.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:10 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Well when the ball is consistently thrown 1,2, or 3 yards 'deep' then you are going to have Pick 6s, it is just in the odds. Not saying that is on Ryan because the line is horrid and he can't even look downfield, but the more and more he can't look downfield, the more and more he won't look downfield even if there is time because he probably feels every passing down is an oncoming sack.

My hope is that we can get a running game [ZERO 100 yards rusher this season in ANY game!] and have a more competent O-line that can give the guy a bit of a break to pick you apart. If we don't then the coach, GM, and VP are responsible for 'breaking' Ryan IMO because another season like this one and we'll have a shell of our Pro-Bowl game manager [and that's not a knock]

Also great to see that even when I don't post a negative topic, Emmitt can find a way to throw abuse my way :up:

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:36 pm 

Blaming Ryan's pick 6 on the OL is silly. Ryan threw the ball quickly because the team was backed up in their own end zone. They were on the 2-yard line, and whether the Falcons had the league's best OL or the worst, that pass was going to come out quickly.

If you're going to blame anything , blame the lack of rapport that Ryan and Douglas clearly have. When Ryan needs Douglas to be in position or to make a play, he rarely does.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:46 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

John O wrote:
Where did Carolina get the likes of Hardy? We need some of that talent!!!!

We could have had Hardy if Im not mistaken he went two or three picks after Shann Schillinger in the 6th round. Maybe TD thought that Shann Schillinger was a better prospect and that he could push this defense over the top :beef: .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:52 pm 

Emmitt wrote:
MF1 had to hack your account right DBird? You are usually a good poster and don’t post garbage like this.

It was mostly sarcasm Emmitt.