It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Where do you think the Falcons will pick in the draft?
#1 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
#2 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
#3 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
#4 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
#5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#6 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#7 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: Suck for Luck?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:07 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I know MF started a thread on this, but I wanted to start a poll on where everyone thinks the Falcons will pick in the draft.

I am only going to go 1-7, as I can't see the Falcons picking lower than that. My theory is that Atl won't win 5 games and there are only ten teams with a record of 4-7 or worse. A lot of these teams still have matchups with the other bottom feeders. I really only think we are competing with three teams - Minn, Jax, and Houston. Jax and Houston have one more game between themselves and Jax is actually 2-1 after their bye. Based on the remaining schedule, I think the Falcons will wind up with the #2 pick.

Post subject: Re: Suck for Luck?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:39 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I would guess Top 5. I voted #3, but I honestly think that if Matt Ryan is the quarterback that he's shown us to be during his time here in Atlanta, we could very well end up picking outside of the Top 5. Honestly though, I hope we don't because I really want Jadeveon Clowney (is that bad for me to say?)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:31 pm 

I think Atlanta only has two winnable games left on the schedule; those being @ Buffalo and Vs. Washington. That being said Atlanta can't stop the run to save their lives so Washington should be able to win in Atlanta.

The Bills game is somewhat of a flip 'em to me. They aren't streaking like the Bucs have been. I would think Atlanta should be able to win @Buffalo but we shall see.

I'm guessing Atlanta ends up somewhere between the 3rd & 5th pick overall and probably miss getting Clowney,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:06 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The Buffalo games on a neutral field in Toronto, and the stadium will be empty so no home field advantage. In fact the empty stands may even un-motivate the Bills. I feel like we will win this one, then we will have a shot at Washington and Carolina (they may be sitting their starters at this point). With Spoon back we are looking better on Defense and I feel this trend will continue. I'm thinking we get to 4 wins and end up picking 4th missing Clowney by one spot. I hope I'm wrong and we lose them all, just don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:23 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I don't see how we get out of the top 3 but personally think we get the number one pick now that Tampa and Jacksonville learned how to win.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:30 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

This team is gonna finish 2-14. The Falcons, a dome team into Toronto in December? :rofl:

So whatever that pick is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:34 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Dave,
I agree about the Panther's game. GB and SF are losses and I think Buffalo will be a loss. Wash could go either way. I am not as negative as Pudge :P , but I still think it is just 3 wins.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:23 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
This team is gonna finish 2-14. The Falcons, a dome team into Toronto in December? :rofl:

I don't get this statement, in Toronto they will be playing with the roof closed making it a dome so if anything it should benefit Atlanta not hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:10 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Whatever the pick, I can rest assure that I'll be representing the Falcons on NFL Network for the second straight year.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:43 pm 

DaveWaz wrote:
Pudge wrote:

I don't get this statement, in Toronto they will be playing with the roof closed making it a dome so if anything it should benefit Atlanta not hurt.

Still going to be cold as s***.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:27 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Emmitt wrote:
Whatever the pick, I can rest assure that I'll be representing the Falcons on NFL Network for the second straight year.

I remember seeing you there in a sea of green. I was all like, "GO EMMITT!" I remember you not being especially happy with the pick.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:08 am 
Superstar
Superstar

RobertAP wrote:
Emmitt wrote:

I remember seeing you there in a sea of green. I was all like, "GO EMMITT!" I remember you not being especially happy with the pick.

Haha I'll admit I was more of a Xavier Rhodes fan from watching tape. That being said, Trufant has consistently played well this year and looks to be a potential star. Xavier Rhodes has been roasted on a weekly basis. Well done Tommy D, you did something right in 2013.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail