It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: On a positive note... WORRILOW!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:30 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

38 tackles in two games. At the very least, that has to be a franchise record. Dude is balling!

I don't have much nice to say beyond this, so I'm just going to finish up with... WORRILOW!!!

Post subject: Re: On a positive note... WORRILOW!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:36 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

A part of me was thinking the same thing until I keep looking at the score. Our defense is putrid, and racking up tackles while giving up 30+ points every damn game doesn't impress me much. Now start making the tackles that MATTER on 3rd down and getting the D off the field, that might make me change my mind.

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:03 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Man Tackling a guy after he is 6 or 7 yards pass the LOS does not impress me thats that sh*t Brooking became famous for. I would like to see him make some plays in coverage or TFLs. Maybe if we got rid of penetrating DTs and got some lane cloggers that kept our smallish speedy LBs clean he could make some tackles for no gain or for a loss.

When Spoon comes back if the coaching staff doesnt start Spoon, Warrilow, and Bartu I am done with them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:35 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

He did make a TFL today guys. And he made a couple of nice solo tackles on Beast Mode. I know that things look mighty sucky right now, but this guy is doing some impressive things. If we can put a decent line in front of him, maybe he'll make more impact plays.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:44 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Where you like Worrilow is from the neck up. Takes good angles, makes good reads, will anticipate and recognize plays, all while a rookie. He's not the fastest, strongest, or biggest guy, but he's very instinctual. He should be starting MLB for the remainder of the season and potentially for the next 4 years.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:25 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I also remember when he bitched in early practice " That how can you make the team if you can't hit anyone" I loved that; Brooking was not even starting as a rookie. and of course he was a #1.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:11 pm 

I haven't been watching the games as of late since the wife and I just got done moving but I will make one note. Tackle stats are probably among the most misleading in the NFL. A guy can have 10+ tackles a game but if he isn't impacting the game by causing turnovers, hitting players in the backfield/line of scrimmage, those tackles are pretty empty. If those tackles are happening 5+ yards down field big-whoop-dee-doo.

So, hopefully Worrilow is getting those hits near scrimmage or even racking up a few for a loss. Otherwise he might as well be Ed Hartwell 2.0.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:18 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

He makes tackles all over the field, and in the backfield. Pudge already made a post describing what Worrilow does. From what I've seen of him so far, he's not Brooking 2.0. He's not a pile on tackler. When he gets a tackle, he's usually the guy on the bottom of the pile. He's the guy who gets there and makes the first hit. He has an uncanny ability to shed blocks or outright avoid them.

We saw him doing this in preseason. At the time, the thinking was that he was just cleaning up the garbage, except for the fact that he was making TFL's and impact plays. The same is true now, only, he's tied the franchise record for tackles two weeks in a row.

Sure, tackles are an overrated stat, but this is a rookie that's all over the field. He's been the only thing on this team worth watching for the past two weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:47 pm 

Good to see.

At least we have 2 serviceable linebackers in Weatherspoon & Worrilow. I almost want to say 3 if you where to take Biermann and use him primarily as an LB vs. DE which could work. Before going down he played well in that role.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:35 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I got to give Worrilow his due. I've been critical of him past weeks for not making any impact. The last two weeks he has been flying to the ball. He's not Brooking 2.0 because you don't see him a step behind in coverage. Not sure if he'll start next year, but certainly has outplayed Akeem Dent.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:05 am 
Superstar
Superstar

He's solid, and of all of our injury replacements seems to be the only one actually capable of starting. Put him next to Spoon and he should look even better.