It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sky Isn't Falling: Clock Is Ticking Edition
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:28 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I'm starting to get on board with Rob and the coaching. The play calling by Dirk Koetter was horrendous. It was nice to see them run the ball, but the pass plays were beyond predictable. They must have tried that fake bubble screen play at least three times? Enough is enough, teams have started to read it. The lack of downfield passing was infuriating to say the least. I know the offensive line stinks, but you have to try to pass downfield. Douglas was a non-factor and I'm losing my patience on Roddy's ankle. It's not Roddy's fault, just think he may need to take a week off at this point.

This was just a weird game that I knew the Falcons were going to lose. Once they failed to get a first down on the third and four it was over. The defense is just too shaky to make enough stops. DeCoud and McClain have gotten off to awful starts this season with their missed tackles, blown coverages, and poor angles. It was nice to see Tannehill get sacked several times, but he still had a great game from my view.

Not sure what to think of the Falcons right now. I had them losing this game, if you listened to the podcast this week with Pudge and I. It was mainly because of Miami's pass rush which wasn't really a difference maker. Could you imagine if Cameron Wake was healthy? I'll try to erase this from my memory, but a game that should have been won.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Sky Isn't Falling: Clock Is Ticking Edition
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:16 pm 
Starter
Starter

Yep, decoud has probably a week or two before he is benched. He has been pretty bad. Not sure how serious McClains injury is but he hasn't been very good this year either, seems to get picked on a lot on third down. After getting off to a pretty good start HD just f**** that up today. He was just invisible out there on offense. Did he even have a catch? The punt return was the year's wtf moment. I guess it could be worse. We could be Jacksonville.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:22 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

ShooterMcGavin wrote:
Yep, decoud has probably a week or two before he is benched. He has been pretty bad. Not sure how serious McClains injury is but he hasn't been very good this year either, seems to get picked on a lot on third down. After getting off to a pretty good start HD just f**** that up today. He was just invisible out there on offense. Did he even have a catch? The punt return was the year's wtf moment. I guess it could be worse. We could be Jacksonville.

Or the 2011 SB winning NYGs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:57 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I was talking to a couple of Falcon fans on twitter back in July talking about Decoud and his habit to miss tackles and take bad angles and they just whiffed it off and stated how he was one of the best FS in the game. The thing is if we decide to bench Decoud who would we put back there? Schillinger, Motta, or Ishmael? I dont trust Shillz and Motta and Ishmael both lack the range to play FS for us. Decoud knows he is stinking up so hopefully he will get it together if not they need to put in a call to Kerry Rhodes.

The positives:
We kept MR2 clean
Lamar Holmes looked decent at LT
Bartu doesn't looked overmatched against NFL competition
Snelling and Quizz looked good
Toilolo has some traits that can make him a match up nightmare in the redzone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:50 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Decoud is frustrating as we have seen him play at levels from practice squad to pro bowler and every where in between, with no rhyme or reason as to why he's playing great, terrible or somewhere in between. He has been pretty bad this year, and I'm close to the point of benching him in my mind, but due to his past accomplishments and who we have on the bench, I believe we should give him to the bye week to try and turn it around.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:20 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:19 am 
Superstar
Superstar

That has to be the worst football pose EVER!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:18 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Thomas DeCoud is the same player he's always been, which is what I've tried to tell people over last year. But because he got 6 picks last year, people suddenly wanted to morph him into a brand new and better player.

Last year, in the 1st 3 games he had 3 picks. This year he has none. He led the team in missed tackles last year, and if not for Dunta Robinson's atrocious 2011 season, he would have done so that year as well. And he's going to lead the team in missed tackles this year. He'll probably finish with 3-5 INTs which he's had in 3 out of his 4 seasons as a starter. He'll have 5 or 6 really good games where you love him, he'll have 5 or 6 games where he's mediocre/capable, and he'll have 5 or 6 games that will make you want to pull your hair out. He is, what he is.

My opinion of DeCoud remains the same. Benching him? That's silly, unless you think a bunch of a 7th round safeties are ready to be impact starters? I for one don't.

Enlightening opinions on DeCoud:

http://falcfans.com/takeaways-from-last ... uly-8-7891
http://falcfans.com/takeaways-from-last ... il-15-7446

Profile E-mail