It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I love how
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:15 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

You guys ban someone for stating their opinion...What is this? the Atlanta Falcons official MB?...Oh no, hell, if they disagree they are gone...classic...You mod's know what i'm talking about

Post subject: Re: I love how
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:29 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

mickvick302 wrote:
You guys ban someone for stating their opinion...What is this? the Atlanta Falcons official MB?...Oh no, hell, if they disagree they are gone...classic...You mod's know what i'm talking about

Well I haven't posted here much, so let me know what you said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:36 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

who got banned and why? this forum is pretty laid back. what the hell happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:27 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Yea I was wondering the same thing.... who got banned for what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:52 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

If that is the case then I'm history...lol.....seriously though...Pudge is as laid back as it gets...I have known him through this board and others, and he is always been fair and top notch..if you have a problem just take it to the right place..At least it isn't as bad as the "Roost".......... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Banned
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:56 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

again, who got banned?

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I've been posting here almost a year now and I can't remember anyone actually getting banned for just saying what they think...

we've had some pretty heated discussions at times but I've never seen anyone get marched to the gallows for it...

what happened, what's everyone clamouring about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:53 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Thanks for your response guys, this was all for a school project, nobody got banned. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:55 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Ok, I hope you get an A. :?:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:55 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

lol...I was beginning to wonder why Pudge hasn't put his to cents in...I've never known him to be the type of guy to do something and not stand up and explain why.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:01 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Its about false testimony, or some crap...So i figured the best place to go would be here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:16 pm 

Well I PMed mickvick, wondering what the hell was going on. I didn't want to post something because I didn't want people to think I didn't know what was going on at my own board.

But last time I checked, I was the only one with banning privileges at this site, so I was in the same boat as you guys wondering who got banned? I've only banned spammers, and 1 other person who I was warned about his penchant for totally unrelated and maniacal trash talk that had come over from a different board. But that person never was allowed to post.

I do try to be laid back. There frankly aren't enough people that post on these forums for me to be all uptight about what people have to say. There have been a few times when people have suggested that me or a mod lock a thread, but each time it's come to that, usually people figure out that it's time to retreat to their neutral corners.

I've been at this online message board thing for nearly ten years. First
joined The Sporting News boards a few months after the Dan Reeves hire. Posted on there for awhile, when it was only like 8 Falcon fans and like 20 49ers fans. Discovered the Roost during the '98 season, but didn't become a regular until after the Super Bowl. Started up my website in August 1999. Continued to raise hell on the Roost for another 3-4 years. Then started up my own off-site forum in Summer 2003 when I joined a fan site network. But maybe only 5 people registered and like there were like a total of 8 posts, I just neglected it. Then sort of got fed up with the Roost the following spring (probably come uppance for all the hell I raised there over the years), started this forum in August 2004, not many posted the first few months. It crashed around Xmas that year, restarted it. Guys like Yulin, Cap, thescout, and natequinn are the "old timers" at this board since they've been around for going on 2 years now.

You disagree with someone on one subject, then scroll up into another thread, and you're in perfect agreement. It may seem otherwise sometimes, but I don't get personal with people. I woudl never ban anyone for having a differing opinion. I'd have to ban myself. I like arguing. I might say something on Tuesday, and then on Friday someone else might say the exact same thing, and I'll disagree with them. That's how much I like arguing. I just love defending the opposite POV. It drives people crazy, but it's just my nature.

You get banned for breaking the rules, which are pretty easy to follow as they are stated here.

There's =Liberals, Conservatives, Christians, atheists, hippies, racists, etc., but the one thing we can agree on is that we all like the Falcons. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:34 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

it's been such a long offseason i was hoping for alittle board drama. someone got banned? whoo hoo! where's incomp? usually he gets pretty riled up at vick criticisms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:25 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

lol....Incomp was the first person that popped into my head....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:26 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Pudge wrote:

There's =Liberals, Conservatives, Christians, atheists, hippies, racists, etc., but the one thing we can agree on is that we all like the Falcons. :wink:

amen to that! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:05 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

At least you wouldn't ban the whole Board, like what happened at the Roost... :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:04 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

BirdBrain wrote:
At least you wouldn't ban the whole Board, like what happened at the Roost... :lol:

Yeah i heard about that...sucks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:06 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

BirdBrain wrote:

yeah what's the story behind that...I knew it got shut down for "disciplinary reasons" but that's about all I know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:08 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

the mods are "teaching everyone a lesson" to play nice.

"They have miscalculated me as a leader."

President George W. Bush

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:46 pm 
Starter
Starter

I have been lerking on Falcons message boards/sites for nearly a decade myself (although I rarely post), and I have to say that Pudge's site is by far the best. There is such a great wealth of information on it. And the message board always has inetersting discussion on it where it feels that anyone is free to join in. I don't know how long he spends working in this site, but he must put some good time into it. It is actually the only the Falcons site and message board that I now vist.

So thanks Pudge for the great site and keep up the work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:57 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Roost is apparantly undergoing renovations. It should be up in a couple of weeks - I think.

W

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:04 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

FalconWease wrote:
Roost is apparantly undergoing renovations. It should be up in a couple of weeks - I think.

W

apparently the "putting the bow on the pig" therapeutic" renovations will result in it still being a pig.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:20 am 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdBrain wrote:
FalconWease wrote:

W

apparently the "putting the bow on the pig" therapeutic" renovations will result in it still being a pig.

But at least it will be a cute, high tech pig.