It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFR Was it worth it?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:36 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

DETROIT -- New England Patriots third-string quarterback Tim Tebow didn't play in the team's 40-9 loss to the Detroit Lions on Thursday night, creating uncertainty on his chances to earn a roster spot.

Lions fans chanted "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!" with about 10 minutes left in the game, and later booed when Patriots coach Bill Belichick stuck with No. 2 quarterback Ryan Mallett.

-per ESPN

Post subject: Re: NFR Was it worth it?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:24 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

yes. :ninja: :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:56 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Belichick's ego brought Tebow to the Pat's. You don't have to be a professional scout to know that Tebow just doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL caliber QB. Bit, I'm thinking old Billy boy is thinking this: "Imagine the accolades that I would get from turning chicken s*** into chicken salad once again???? Perhaps my greatest coaching accomplishment ever....being able to replace the Golden Boy Tom Brady with Jesus Jr."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:58 am 
Superstar
Superstar

You guys are acting like Bill B. payed a heavy price to get Tebow?? He didn't!!
So if he finds out in training camp he can't hack it, then don't give him him playing time.

Risk-none
reward- possible decent player,
I'd take that any day; I DOUBT Brady was worried.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:02 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Cyril wrote:
You guys are acting like Bill B. payed a heavy price to get Tebow?? He didn't!!
So if he finds out in training camp he can't hack it, then don't give him him playing time.

Risk-none
reward- possible decent player,
I'd take that any day; I DOUBT Brady was worried.

The point was more that exactly what was expected to happen happened than criticizing B.B. The cow programmed the VCR; Tim didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:16 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

It's now clear it was a low risk, low reward situation.

Tebow's accuracy is atrocious, despicable, pathetic, any litany of adjectives you want to use. I consider myself a Tebow guy, but you can't be 4 years into your career at this point and be as inaccurate as he is.

When Tebow came out of Florida, everyone knew about the accuracy and poor mechanics. But the thought process was that if those things could be improved, Tebow would be the guy to do due to his work ethic and high character to put in the necessary work to do so. And if those things were going to improve, they should have by now.

It's not an exaggeration to see he is the most inaccurate QB in the NFL. You just can't trust him to make simple throws and reads. And at this point, his only value appears to be as a read-option/wildcat QB.

That doesn't mean he can't play in the league, but unless you're a team that is willing to run that extensively (and there's really only a handful of them), then there is really no upside to having him on your team, especially given all the other stuff that follows Tebow. And I feel sorry for Tebow to a certain extent, because he has no control over that stuff and it's actively hurting his ability to play in the NFL. Not to mention this ridiculous assertion from fans that somehow Tebow is magic. And no offense to him, fun gus illustrates this. When in reality that if Tebow played another 10 years, he'd probably have 9 like the one with the 2012 Jets, and only 1 like the 2011 Broncos. But the expectation is that he'll always be able to repeat that 2011 performance, which is part of that baggage that Tebow is forced to carry around. This expectation of greatness when the reality speaks to mediocrity.

He's nothing special. Perhaps as a human being he is. As a football player, he's J.A.G. Just A Guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:31 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru