It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lee Suggs rumor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:59 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Heard a rumor that the Brown's may cut RB Lee Suggs. He would be a very interesting guy for us to take a look at. I know it's probably pretty crowded right now with the new Europge guy signing, but he'd be worth a look. I can't explain how good he was in college (still holds the scoring record I believe), he's just been consistently caught by the injury bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:26 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Well it seems as though most people are high on Norwood.. I doubt we pick up anymore Rbs, especially since Duckett has not been traded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:39 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

If the Browns cut Suggs, the Falcons would be fools not to be at least interested in him. We have a crowded backfield, but Suggs is the type of the guy that could be the lead runner here, more so than Norwood or Duckett. The Browns have been trying to deal him all off-season, and nobody is touching him.

I would love to have Suggs on the team. It's probably not going to happen, but that guy was amazing at VT. Too bad he hasn't been able to stay healthy for like 5 years now.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:48 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I'd be pleased if we found a way to fit Suggs in here....hell after this season we could use him...

Dunn will be a year older, Duckett will be gone and which will leave us with Norwood as our only set of fresh legs....we can find a place for Suggs here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:05 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Here's the stat line for his career year back at VT

TD Lee:
Games 11, Carries 222, Yards 1207, YPC 5.43, TD's 27, Long 56

Again, I can't really explain how good he was in college. As good as everyone thought Kevin Jones was, this guy really played better at VT. Real nose for the end zone, as evidenced by the 27 TD's. I think he'd fit this scheme pretty well, as he's a cut/slash, and gone RB. Consistently at VT, he'd have one tackler to beat and 9/10 times he'd make that guy miss, or just run him over, and then keep on gettin' it. Def worth a look, esp considering we're VT South (lol, tic).

College Bio:
Has rapidly established himself as one of the top running backs in the nation ... Made a real impact last year in his first season as a starter ... Led the Division I-A ranks in scoring and touchdowns with an average of 15.27 points per game and 28 TDs ... Named the co-BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Year ... A unanimous pick for first-team All-BIG EAST ... A third-team All-America pick by The Associated Press and Football News ... Received all 15 first-place votes in winning the Dudley Award as Virginia's best college football player ... Shattered Tech's single-season records for rushing touchdowns (27), total touchdowns (28) and scoring (168 points) ... Holds six BIG EAST Conference records, including single-season records for rushing touchdowns, total touchdowns and points ... Set BIG EAST marks for touchdowns in a game (5), rushing touchdowns in a game (5) and points in a game (30) against UCF ... Scored at least one touchdown in every regular-season game ... Added three more TDs that don't count on his total during a Gator Bowl win over Clemson ... His six 100-yard games tied a Tech single-season record ... Led the BIG EAST in rushing at 109.7 yards per game ... Turned in the best single-season rushing mark under Coach Frank Beamer and the third-best in school history with 1,207 yards ... Carried the football 222 times without a fumble ... Is already tied for the Tech career record for total touchdowns with 30 ... Saw some action on special teams and blocked a punt against West Virginia ... A Super Iron Hokie in the weight room ... Spent most of his time in the spring working with Tech's younger players ... Hits the field ready to work hard and compete ... Has power to go with his outstanding speed ... Breaks tackles ... Can catch the ball out of the backfield ... Has become a solid blocker ... Will be looked to for leadership ...

------------------------------------
Rushed for 1,207 yards in 11 games which is the most under coach Frank Beamer and the third-most ever in a single season at Tech

Scored 28 touchdowns (27 rushing, 1 receiving), best in the nation

Led the nation in scoring with 15.27 points per game

Broke the school and BIG EAST records for rushing touchdowns, total touchdowns and points scored in a season

-------------------
Lindy's
Second-team All-American
No. 3 RB in the Nation

The Sporting News
Second-team All-American
No. 4 RB in the Nation
Preseason BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Year

Football News
Second-team All-American

Set a new conference record for touchdowns and points in a game when he scored five against the University of Central Florida

Tied the school record for 100-yard rushing games in a season with six

Unanimous first-team All-BIG EAST selection at running back

Voted Co-BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Year

A unanimous winner of the Dudley Award, given to the top collegiate football player in the Commonwealth of Virginia

Named a third-team All-American by The Associated Press and Football News