Bobby Hamilton

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Bobby Hamilton

Postby Pudge » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:10 am

Lenny P lists Raiders DE Bobby Hamilton as a potential June 1 cap cut. I'm still very concerned about our lack of size at the DE position, and going after a run stopper like Hamilton makes sense. Hamilton is a natural 3-4 DE, and is only adequate at best as a 4-3 DE, but he is a solid run stopper and would really improve depth.

I'm not sure how much cap space the Falcons have remaining. I can't imagine it's much more than that would allow for 1 more veteran player at the minimum to sign. But I would definitely like that player to be a safety or DL because our depth is so weak at those positions.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

BirdBrain
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Postby BirdBrain » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:43 pm

He is an excellent run stopper, but we really don't have much money, and he is 35 or so I think...

morecowbell
Role Player
Role Player

Postby morecowbell » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:07 pm

I'd like to see a vet DT over a DE myself, but Brady's injury last year certainly shows the wisdom of stocking up on as much DL talent as possible.

PB21
Superstar
Superstar

Postby PB21 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:42 am

Backups can be that aged,...because they're, ummmm, backups.

Acquiring Hamilton makes sense, since it appears all positions are pretty much set for the backups,...even corner.

Return to “The Huddle”