It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Raiders shopping Charles Woodson
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:11 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... BF06M1.DTL

I don't see us being in the running for Woodson because I suspect he could land a signing bonus anywhere between $15 and $18 million, way out of the Falcons price range. I really don't think this team could afford a signing bonus on any major free agents above $8 million.

This article also mentions other players that might be cut by the Raiders:

QB Rich Gannon
G Ron Stone
G Frank Middleton
DT John Parrella
DT Warren Sapp
DT Ted Washington

Sapp, I think would be a welcome addition here in Atlanta. Gannon would too if he's 100% from his neck injury. He would be the ideal backup IMO to Vick. HIm or Jeff Garcia. Sapp struggled last year, but he was in a new scheme, and a return to the 4-3 would be a good addition. He played UT for years in Tampa Bay, but I think at his experience and his lack of speed, he would need to be moved to NT, and I think he could work there. Parrella and Washington are big slow run stoppers and bring nothing in terms of pass rushing ability. Plus both are probably a year or two away from retiring. I think Sapp probably wants to play another 3 or 4 years in the league. Stone and Middleton are big road graders, and I don't think have the mobility to play in Gibbs scheme. Stone maybe because of his experience, but it will depend on how good shape he's in. He couldn't play with this unit at 330 pounds.

Profile E-mail