It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Abe & Moore
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:20 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Abe got pulled early after reaggravating the injury. And Moore looked sluggish throughout the game and seemed tentative at times. That Lynch catch and run that set up the last Seahawk touchdown, Moore was jogging out there. Was that hammy bothering him or was he just rusty.

Where are they gonna be next week? Ready? Well, we know Willy Mo is always ready. But will Abe?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Abe & Moore
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:07 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I really hope Abraham plays otherwise Falcons may want to call Patrick Kerney out of retirement. The pass rush was totally non existent today minus Babineaux’s huge sack. Let’s all hope.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

It seemed to me that the pass, "rush," today was to simply contain Wilson and make him beat us with his arm. Seemed like that worked decently well. I would REALLY like to use Spoon as a spy against mobile QBs. I realize that takes him out of other areas where he's quite effective, but if Spoon is spying Wilson, I don't think this game is as close as it was.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:35 pm 

The problem with spying is that basically means you have 6 guys covering 5 receivers, which means that you can really only play Cover-1, which basically means that your corners are stuck on an island. If we had Grimes in the lineup, that might be OK. But with Robinson, Nicholas in coverage, you're leaving subpar cover men out to dry. Basically if you have any breakdowns, you're in deep dungarees. And against guys like Crabtree, Moss, V. Davis, that's not a recipe for success.

Vernon Davis scares me. He scares me a lot. Our coverage of TEs has been terrible this year. Zach Miller tore us up, partly because we were so keyed on Wilson and Lynch. But Miller is not dynamic. About as dynamic as Michael Palmer. Vernon Davis is dynamic. You give him those opportunities that Miller got, and he'll put up 300 yards on us.

Profile E-mail