NFR: Gruden and the Bears

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

NFR: Gruden and the Bears

Postby Pudge » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 am

I was thinking about this yesterday, and I like the idea of Jon Gruden being hired by the Bears, essentially to try and fix Jay Cutler. The problem with Gruden is that his personality does not mesh well with people, and he can wear out his welcome after a certain period of time.

Well, if he was hired by Phil Emery to be the Bears new head coach, I think the plan would be from the start to only try it for 3 years. Cutler is entering the final year of his contract this year. And I think whether or not the Bears extend him would depend on whether Gruden wants to sign off on him, basically getting Gruden's assessment of whether Cutler has what it takes.

Basically then, if Gruden hasn't gotten me where I wanted to be by 2015, then it's time to cut ties with him (and possibly Cutler too).

The key for this strategy if I'm Emery, would be convincing ownership to not clean house entirely come 2015 if this plan of mine doesn't work. Probably unlikely... :x
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Re: NFR: Gruden and the Bears

Postby Emmitt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:19 pm

I wonder who gave you that idea? Your welcome :up:

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Nuccah
Playmaker
Playmaker

Re: NFR: Gruden and the Bears

Postby Nuccah » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:23 am

I don't. That would mean the only announcer I actually enjoy listening to while watching a game would be gone and we'd be stuck with the rest of these dumbasses.

Return to “The Huddle”