It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: paging captain obvious
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

I know alot of y'all are out of market, but following the Giant Beatdown(tm) old Artie Blank has been doing a full court media press ( strike when the iron is hot) on all the local sportstalk radio stations.

I just heard an interview on 790, and I must say, they did ask the 3 'tough questions'.

1: why do we 'need' a new stadium ( vs using those funds for teachers, fire and police, etc)
2:who will be responsible for cost overruns
3:psl's

Arthur answered #1 pretty decent, danced around #2 and pretty much flat out admitted we are moving to psl's.

the reason they are ramming this through before Dec 31st is pretty obvious as well.

My take? Nothing more to do. The powers that be cut the deal, and it's done. We will get ONE Superbowl, that's it. PSL's will arrive, and Blank is smart enough not to put them upstairs, but if you want that 50 yd line 4th row seat: pony up. :doh:

Post subject: Re: paging captain obvious
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You know, there is a guy who has worked with me for about 20 years who is a from-the-wrong-side-of-the-tracks guy. When I first mentioned this stadium a couple years back and how absurd it seemed to me he said, "They'll get it too." Sometimes it is easiest for the bottom rail to see how the top rail stays where it is. It's absurd that the Dome is obsolete. there is NOTHING wrong with that facility except the upper crust have no where to sit away from the Proletariat.

Post subject: Re: paging captain obvious
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:52 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

this is just so typically 'Atlantan'. Cut off your nose to spite your face.

All Blank will accomplish is pulling one SB here, then all those long term ticket holders in the mezzanine are going to get PSL's. They will not pay for it, they will just move upstairs or quit altogther.

Looks like in 2018-19 I may be listening to the games on radio because of the blackout. :doh: