It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Carolina is just better than the Falcons.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:21 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Yes its true. Just recheck the stats of the first game we played them,
and look at this first half .....Look at it all; and Carolina beats us 7 out of 10 times.

I don't know exactly what this shows for the playoffs but I fear the Falcons may lose out the rest of the season.

You know to win a Super Bowl you need players who want to play perhaps 19 or 20 games in a season. These guys make a lot of money to play the regular 16 games; then the rest is fairly much for respect and a Super Bowl Ring!!

Do we have the competitive players that really want to fight for the extra games....?? Yes I know we have the best record in the NFL, but something is not right. Matt Ryan on a good day is a workman like very good Qb; but there's no leadership. Who are the leaders on this team?? Before everyone bashes me on Ryan's leadership I
understand its hard to lead; when many are not doing there jobs.

I will say this game was a perfect example of what I mean that the season counts..... It counts because if I had to watch a game like this 8 times a season I'd be sick!!

Its fairly easy to start fast because the season is new; I think its harder to finish strong if you don't have some quality winners on your team that want a Super bowl. Yes I'm talking about 12-14 players wanting it; they don't even have to be your biggest producers but you can't talk about winning in the playoffs then not showing up the last 4 games....

I'll say the same stupid thing fans say to try to turn a negative into a positive......Maybe this loss was good to bring them and the coaches down to reality!!

Post subject: Re: Carolina is just better than the Falcons.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, one thing we do not have is a lot of players with SB experience. I think Eugene Robinson was brought in for that very reason. Laugh if you want but up until the night before the game he was the guy who telling everyone what it would take. Matt had a weak game but it all had a going through the motions feel to it until it was toolate. The intensity didn't match up. Was it a "good loss?" I think it was an inevitable loss. They've played with fire all year, never putting together 4 quarters. Even still, until that last big run they were still in it....sort of. OTOH, CAR could have beaten us buy 25 points.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:17 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I won't laugh, after 13 years or so I've forgiven him (: He was the first
safety in a long while making interceptions for us.

I believe tonight on the news they said in our last 2 games we were 3-18 on third down conversions.

I'd really like to win a playoff game its like that 40 years of no back to back winning season's. The pressure just grows to win 1 playoff game
when your winning 10 or 13 games some season's.

The truth is we are just not good enough to turn the ball over or not play 4 good quarters of solid football.

Even Tony G. said " maybe it was a good thing to see what happens
when we don't play for 2 quarters". (I thought he should have said 4
quarters)

I guess if I had a point its that I get the sickening feeling we've been
beating many teams that are really better than us. That's fine for these under .500 teams and I also understand we can only play the teams on our schedule.

So next week the Giants are on our schedule. I think its a big game
for this team to see if they can be on par with the Giants. The Giants are playing better and the Falcons are playing at least pretty good at the Dome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:34 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah, they outplayed us in the first game. You could duplicate the exact circumstances at the end of that game (3rd down run, punt, Ryan bomb, and Bryant FG) and probably the odds are that you could wind up with the result that actually happened maybe 3 out of 100 times. It was very flukey.

The Falcons failed this test. They had a layoff between last game and this one, and had an opportunity to duplicate playoff circumstances (with a first round bye, which they are definitely getting), and they came out very lackluster.

Unless they bounce back with a strong performance against the Giants, you might as well write off this team's Super Bowl chances. Maybe they get lucky and get a favorable matchup in Round 2 and eke out that game, but that's about all we can hope for this year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:11 pm 

The Panthers are not better than the Falcons... The Panthers are just one of those teams that matches up well against us and gives us headaches. Just like this years Saints team isn't better than the Falcons they have pieces that match up very well against us.

It also doesn't help that the vaunted Falcon offense has disappeared for weeks now. The defense cant' do everything on their own. I imagine the unit is rather tired of getting no support from the offense at this point.

Atlanta must solve the running back situation this offseason. It is clear neither Turner nor Rodgers are capable fulltime starters. We need a new #1 RB that Rodgers can compliment and Turner needs to be sent on his way.