It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More Quizz!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 am 

Perhaps I'm biased coming from SW Washington and being an Oregon State fan but I was looking at the game log and I can't help but think... When is Quizz going to win the touch-time-share in the backfield? Turner is clearly done but Quizz has shown some spark. If you take out the Dallas Game (3 for 0 YDS) Quizz is averaging 6.3 YPC.

In general his performance his improved as the season has gone on and granted he isn't stout and may not survived a full load but isn't it time to give him 10-15 carries a game? I'd rather see what Quizz has to do over Turner who has had a handle full of decent games this year. e

Post subject: Re: More Quizz!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Now that's something I think every Falcon fan has to agree with. Quizz has really stepped it up the past few months after a quiet September. Continue to use those sweeps and tosses to the right, he's having success there consecutive times.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:48 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Perhaps I'm biased coming from SW Washington and being an Oregon State fan but I was looking at the game log and I can't help but think... When is Quizz going to win the touch-time-share in the backfield? Turner is clearly done but Quizz has shown some spark. If you take out the Dallas Game (3 for 0 YDS) Quizz is averaging 6.3 YPC.

In general his performance his improved as the season has gone on and granted he isn't stout and may not survived a full load but isn't it time to give him 10-15 carries a game? I'd rather see what Quizz has to do over Turner who has had a handle full of decent games this year. e

I think Quizz already earned the time. Think about it: yesterday he got 31 snaps to Turners 21! (plus, he plays special teams, too)

:up:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:07 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

We also should be giving Snelling more time. He looks better than Turner at the moment running wise, and he can also catch, which Turner cannot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:19 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah, I think we all agree (and have been so for some time) that Quizz deserves the bulk of the carries.

Of course the Falcons problems of getting yards when they need to will still remain, as it did yesterday, because of the poor O-line.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:21 pm 

fun gus wrote:
I think Quizz already earned the time. Think about it: yesterday he got 31 snaps to Turners 21! (plus, he plays special teams, too)

:up:

I hadn't actually looked at total snap count... Just rushing touches. It's good that Quizz is getting more snaps but I suspect much of that was because we where playing catch up and the passing game was more pressing than the run game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:26 pm 

I was glad to see Quiz play alot more and feel going forward he needs to be the main ball carrier or split time with Snelling. Turner can't turn the corner and our run game up the middle at least yesterday was terrible mostly because of the line. We just don't have linemen that can open holes in the middle .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

When I see Quizz, it doesn't make me excited about his skills...it makes me realize how much more effective this offense would be with a well rounded back...a guy who cuts like Quizz, but runs up the middle. There are tons in the league, we just don't have one.

At least they're fairly easy to find.

In the meantime I want more Quizz, but look forward to having a back somewhere between Kendall Hunter and Muscle Hamster.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:39 am 

My hope is this off season is to add a big off guard, running back who is capable of catching,blocking, and running with some good speed. Heck we saw in tonight's Carolina/Philly game a running back the Eagles had rarely used get over 130 yards. Just think if you a add a legit 3rd receiver to replace Douglas what the offense is capable of. I'm not sure what will happen at tight end with Gonzo or his replacement but the offense if it adds the pieces could be a nightmare for defenses.

Just having Quiz in the lineup and watching him run you can tell a big difference on what a speedier back compared to Turner can do.

Profile E-mail