It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what I would like to see
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:13 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

at 9-1 I can accept a loss today ( but I wont like it ). But, I need to see us at least rise to the occasion.

If we come out lackluster and flat like we did last week, and lose this game, but find a way to beat the Saints thursday, Im going to be 'okay'. If we win today, even if we win 'ugly' and we lose to the Saints, I dont think happiness is in my future. And if we drop both, someone will have to talk me off the ledge.

and if we beat both these suckers, I am going to be elated but even more worried the Mayan's were on to something. If the first week of December, we are 11-1 and UGA is in the BCS Championship, then it's a lock.

Post subject: Re: what I would like to see
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:36 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I agree, push comes to shove, I want a win vs. Saints on Thursday over a win today. But I would at least like the Falcons to look sharp.

It's rarely about wins and losses for this team. When you're a team as (supposedly) good as we are, it's less about the results IMO than it is how you look. When you play quality competition you want to see them play very well, and more often than not against lesser competition, you want to see them play very well.

We all know that for 16 games, you're not going to play well every week. But there have so far in 10 games, been too many games where the Falcons just sort of limped and back-doored their way to a win. How many times has the Falcons played well since Week 3 win over the Chargers? Once? Twice? Thrice? How many wins have we racked up against inferior opponents, where our victory came down to 1 or 2 plays/breaks going our way?

If we were the Titans, a win would be a win. But we're not the Titans, and thus I expect more out of this team.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:39 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Chiefs (when people thought KC was actually going to be good), Broncos, Chargers, Eagles, Cowboys were the only wins I can say that I was really happy about and really satisfied with. Hopefully that list can grow in the next week.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:29 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

We pretty much dominated on both sides of the ball today. We gave up two turnovers and missed two field goals. Despite those, we still won. I know that we need to clean things up still, but it's really hard to complain about not having our best day, and still being 10-1.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:00 am 

I got no real complaints after today's game. We for once won a game where I think we actually outplayed our opponent. Thats something we haven't seen in a while.

We bottled up Martin after the 1st drive. When you take away your opponents #1 weapon, it usually leads to good things.

Profile E-mail