It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Offense was Good. What Else can be Said?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:46 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I thought the offense looked pretty good tonight, especially relative to how poorly the line looked in the first half. Ryan saw lots of pressure, but things started clicking in the 2nd half, especially with the ground game.

Turner looked like a young man in this one with many of his 2nd half runs. Quizz made those 2 critical plays on 3rd down in the key drive. I thought Ryan looked extremely sharp, Jones made some big plays. White was uncoverable for the night.

Defensively, I think they had a pretty good game all things considered. But I think a lot of their early success was because of ineptitude of the Cowboys offense. Romo looked really off early in this game, missing on some easy throws. The easy TD they gave up at the end of the game left a very sour taste in my mouth. Thank goodness that we were able to bleed so much time off the clock with that final drive. Had there been a 1:22 on the clock instead of 0:22, I'm thinking Dallas probably goes down the field and gets the game-winning score.

Pressure was practically non-existent, and now I'm starting to worry about Abe if he cannot get back on track next week vs. NO.

I like the offense, as long as the OL can stop being a liability. Defense not so much, but I can live with it. They aren't bad, but they just aren't very good either.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Offense was Good. What Else can be Said?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:43 am 
Superstar
Superstar

We seemed to move the ball at will, but had trouble finishing drives. We also left 6 points out there. :doh:

This was a big prime time win. First game in a while that I've actually been nervous about.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:46 am 

I watched the game a few comments. It looked like a combination of missed assignments and I believe it was Baker not doing his job that almost got Ryan killed. I'm pretty sure it was Baker but that first sack from Ware on Ryan was scary. I'll have to go back watch the tape but it wasn't pretty. The other sack on Ryan that was scary was the fullback missed the assignment and the defensive player nailed Ryan. I think there was another sack or pressure Quizz couldn't block his man and again put way to much pressure.

How is the offensive line going to perform vs the Giants,Bears, 49ers all with very good pass rushers? The off line also couldn't open any holes in the first half. I think during half time the line regrouped a did a much better job but was that due to missed tackles by Dallas defenders with all the yardage Turner got?

I'll take the win but the offense has to play at a higher level come playoff time. I was hoping this would be a show case and the Falcons would route the Boys but instead it was a game till the 4th.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:52 am 

I'd like to see Snelling get more touches. In the first half it seemed Turner was a step slow.The 2nd half Turner did well but was that because of missed tackles mostly or did Turner run that well?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:24 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I think someone else was over Baker.... I believe he needed to be picked up by a back. It happened again in the second half but Quiz I
think missed his block? Or someone was lined up wrong..... In Fact
I thought it was a turning point for Ryan. I thought he was hurring things then after being hit by Ware I think he thought if that's your best shot then I'm good back here (:

Ryan toughness is a real asset!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And just last year Ryan was a "pussy." Koetter and Nolan have really made a huge difference with the same "groceries." I would not describe Turner as an afterthought in the O but he is def not the featured performer but still a formidable weapon when less is on his performance's shoulders. In 08 he takes that long run to the house. Dem daze is over. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:41 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I would have liked to see MR2 Get at least 1 TD on such a great passing performance. But overall it was great to see that we can win low-scoring games like this one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:44 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Don't forget that Dallas is one of the best defenses in the league. We put up 450 yards, including a long drive at the end of the game to put it away.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:26 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The offensive line is a definite concern. McClure and Blalock looked terrible last night. It seemed like the pocket collapsed far too easily. Baker was also having some major problems but DeMarcus Ware is always causing problems. It was a tough matchup overall. Ryan still made some big plays and other than Pierre Paul, who's a better pass rusher out of the teams with great d-lines than Ware?

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail