It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Unsung Heroes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:01 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Overall excellent performance today all around and it was the kind of performance to make us feel proud as fans. Now Matt Ryan had excellent game, secondary played well, and offensive line contained the pass rush for the most part. The big shout out goes to the entire defense on limiting a top three running back in LeSean McCoy. The run defense was getting heavily criticized which it deserved to an extent, even though I wasn't that concerned. This team still can make their stops and they proved it today. William Moore was really flying around along with Nicholas and Weatherspoon (please be okay). Also even saw Akeem Dent make a few plays. Overall the entire defense because the secondary had to make some major tackles too deserves credit on shutting down McCoy. Excellent performance and made a major difference for Philadelphia.

Let's all hope Sean Weatherspoon is alright. If he's out for the season, then this team is seriously in trouble and will likely be one- done again.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Unsung Heroes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:07 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Overall, I love what our defensive gameplan was, especially in the fourth quarter. We managed to make them burn about 7.5 minutes on a single drive and with plenty of cushion left, we got back to being aggressive.

Apparently it's only a minor ankle sprain for Spoon. I was REALLY worried when he went off on a cart.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:55 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Stephen Nicholas is my most improved player of the year. I've been down on him the past few years and was wondering why he got the contract but he's just flying around. If only he got that interception on Vick, it would have been icing on the cake but still excellent game. He has been making plays all over. After this game, is it time to start having trust in the stopping the run?

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:43 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Run defense still is iffy. 50% success rate in the first half. 57% success rate in second half. But I do think they did a good job penetrating and being disruptive. The key to the low numbers for McCoy is that there wasn't that 20+ yard run in there to pad his total.

But this is the model the Falcons will have to follow throughout the season. Get up early and take the run out of the game. 10 RB runs out of 24 plays in the first half, and 7 RB runs out of 38 plays in the second half.

Profile E-mail