It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Peters has up to 3 weeks to get back into form
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:18 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://blog.atlantafalcons.com/jayadams ... l-players/

Head coach Mike Smith updated the status of several key players during his Monday news conference and the outlook is largely positive:

• Smith said Asante Samuel was not injured on his 79-yard interception return for a touchdown in Sunday’s win over Oakland. Smith said Samuel is fine and stayed out a play or two of the next series to get his wind back.
  • Linebacker Stephen Nicholas was questionable coming into Sunday’s game with an ankle injury he had suffered the week before at Washington. He missed two days of practice and was limited on the week’s lightest day of work, so Smith wanted to keep Nicholas rested as much as possible. The linebacker played only special teams against the Raiders, and “the decision was based on the next four or five weeks.” Nicholas was cleared to play, but Smith wanted to keep him on the sidelines as much as possible Sunday to ensure longevity.
  • Harry Douglas suffered an ankle injury during the final offensive drive of Sunday’s game. Smith said Douglas “should be OK.”
  • After Week 6, defensive tackle Corey Peters is eligible to return to the active roster after spending the first part of the season on the reserve/non-football injury list. Smith said Peters could be activated as early as next week or as late as 21 days from now. The Falcons have until Week 9 to determine what they’d like to do with him for the year. Smith said the biggest challenge is getting Peters into football shape, as he’s missed mini-camp, OTAs and training camp.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Peters has up to 3 weeks to get back into form
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:22 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Gotta love this kind of news!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:03 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Hopefully will get up to date news about Peters progression. He's a much needed body in the middle. Peria Jerry has been invisible the past few weeks cementing his bust status.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:05 am 

Yep, Jerry is officially a bust. While he's shown he can play in the NFL as a capable 3rd or 4th DT in a rotation, as a viable starter he is lacking. He doesn't make any impact plays, and has been thoroughly outplayed by Vance Walker.

I don't have a lot of hopes for what Peters will do for us this year, but here's hoping he gives this D-line the shot in the arm it so desperately needs down the stretch.

Defensive Tackle is a high priority for this team going forward. With 2013 being the final year in both Babs and Peters' contracts (as well as Jerry), the Falcons are likely to try use one of their Top 4 picks on a DT next April.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:34 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
Yep, Jerry is officially a bust. While he's shown he can play in the NFL as a capable 3rd or 4th DT in a rotation, as a viable starter he is lacking. He doesn't make any impact plays, and has been thoroughly outplayed by Vance Walker.

I don't have a lot of hopes for what Peters will do for us this year, but here's hoping he gives this D-line the shot in the arm it so desperately needs down the stretch.

Defensive Tackle is a high priority for this team going forward. With 2013 being the final year in both Babs and Peters' contracts (as well as Jerry), the Falcons are likely to try use one of their Top 4 picks on a DT next April.

I could be wrong, but to my eyes it looked like a couple times we lined up three 'bigguns' on the line with Bierman playing outside rush. I thought I saw T Rob get in there and make a push. Dunno: could have been Walker..Maybe if Peters can come back, and we can get T Rob or Walker in the rotation, Jerry's play will improve some. The guy just can't be expected to handle a full game. :down: