It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5-0 For the first time ever!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:03 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Imagine where we'd be if we weren't complacent :doh: We've built a real winner here!!!

Post subject: Re: 5-0 For the first time ever!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:25 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:33 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

It feels good. We are watching the best team ever assembled in the history of this franchise. I look forward to telling my son about these guys. I'm proud.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:26 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

DaveWaz wrote:
Imagine where we'd be if we weren't complacent :doh: We've built a real winner here!!!

:clap:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:11 pm 

Confess_Jesus_Now wrote:
It feels good. We are watching the best team ever assembled in the history of this franchise. I look forward to telling my son about these guys. I'm proud.

OK, CJN, I think you've gone too far with that. The '98 team would dominate this current Falcon team. As would the 2010 probably beat them. Maybe by season's end they will have earned that distinction, but because they've achieved something that no other team has achieved doesn't make them the best team in franchise history.

Now if a month from now this team is 9-1, I think you might be able to justify that statement. BUt it's way way too premature to say that now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:44 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

It's not because they're 5-0. Its because i think its true. Chris Chandler could not hold a candle to Matt Ryan. And i guess u can say Jamal Anderson is better than Turner. But we all know what Turner did last year and years before. As in body of work, Turner is better.

Sure, we can't Stop the run, but we don't give up many points either.

And oh yeah, remember the 2010 divisional playoffs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:31 pm 

Individually, yeah you could probably make the case that this 2012 team is more talented than the '98 team. But what the '98 team was it was much better than the sum of its parts.

That '98 team had the strengths in the areas that are the weaknesses of this current team. They could pound the rock and they could rush the QB. Jamal Anderson and that ground attack would run it down this team's throats. Chuck Smith, Travis Hall, and Lester Archambeau & Co. would have harassed Matt Ryan all day.

We have weapons on the outside, and Julio Jones vs. Ronnie Bradford would have spelled trouble for that '98 team. But again, the pass rush would have made up for that. That '98 team could get pressure with just its front 4. Thus drop 7 and make it harder for our WRs to get open.

And in a gameplan where the '98 offense would just pound the rock, play ball control, and then when William Moore cheated up in the box, then Chandler, Mathis, and Martin would have hit them over the top on the play-action.

As far as we're concerned, the '98 Falcons were the equivalent of the current 49ers teams that would simply push around this current Falcon team.

I also think the 2010 team would have done similarly, with a steady, ball control attack that would have overwhelmingly won TOP and forced this current team to try and come back late. The 2010 wouldn't be as good doing that because of their lackluster pass rush, but the '98 team would have been abel to pin its ears back and get after Ryan.

Until this 2012 team turns into an elite passing attack, and/or a competent run defense, I don't think it comes close to beating that '98 team. It's possible this 2012 team could win, but only if they were able to get an early lead and make that '98 team have to drop back and throw. But even still, there's still the possibility that the '98 team comes back as they did against the Vikings in the NFCC game. And this 2012 team is not as good as that Viking team.

Profile E-mail