It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plays Of The Game ( Week 1 to Week 4)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:26 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I've forgotten about this and so has Pudge, so I'm going to try to bring it back to life. I'll be doing plays of the week and explaining why it's my pick.

Week 1. John Abraham forced fumble- This was a game changing play. The Falcons went up by 17 after the great field position. Abraham makes his usual three times a year play when he strips a quarterback clean to force a turnover. The Predator wasted no time this year and gets my pick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0a ... -8-yd-loss

Week 2. William Moore interception- It was the start to a special game for the secondary. I was really worried coming into this game wondering how would the secondary react without Brent Grimes playing. William Moore made me breathe easy for a bit after the 3rd play. It was great ball hawking skills on Moore's part and it was the start to his best game ever as a Falcon. Willy Mo always ready!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0a ... efense-INT

Week 3. Thomas DeCoud's first interception- As great as the offense has been, they haven't really provided any explosive plays that were worthy of play of the game. DeCoud's interception led to great field position and to get the 20-0 lead into halftime. It was also an outstanding play to even made the catch doing a David Tyree impression with the play. DeCoud has his finest game as a Falcon and a nice road win to go with it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0a ... off-Rivers

Week 4. Roddy White "The Catch"- This is easily play of the year for the Falcons. An assist to Nakrauma for having zero ball skills and totally misjudging this. If this was Ed Reed, the game would be over. Anyway still Roddy White major props for making this catch, it was an outstanding effort to go get it. His best game of the year by far and I'm sure nobody is going to be taking shots at Roddy for a while after this.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0a ... yard-catch

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Plays Of The Game ( Week 1 to Week 4)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:04 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah, I didn't post the Highlight of the Week in Week 1, and thus figured it wasn't as if it was a prominent feature of the site.

But I pretty much agree with your choices. The play that should have been the highlight for Week 2, was the play where ABe got held and Moore broke up what should have been the TD pass to Thomas. One of the 5 or 10 best plays I've probably seen a Falcon defender make over the past 4 or so years. Up there with the super-athletic BG INT vs. the Saints a couple of years ago or the Kroy Biermann diving INT that went for a pick 6.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Plays Of The Game ( Week 1 to Week 4)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:13 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

That play was great not going to lie but it wouldn't have counted. Abe got held and it didn't really matter. William Moore was a running highlight reel in Week 2 so he's on the list regardless.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail