It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Abraham arrested
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:21 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Falcons defensive end John Abraham was arrested Monday evening and charged with obstruction of police and obstruction of firefighters.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the emergency workers were responding to a call about a woman who was threatening to jump from a building in midtown Atlanta. Abraham allegedly refused to leave the scene, and Atlanta police arrested him and charged him with the misdemeanors.

The woman did not jump and was not injured.

Post subject: Re: Abraham arrested
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

meh.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:14 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I don't understand this at all but what I do know is Abraham stopped drinking around 2006. After seeing what Vick did, he's said in interviews that he wanted to turn his life around and be a leader on a team that needed one. He's done just that and even though he told me to go suck a testicle at one point, I'll always have him up there as one of my favorites.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:34 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Emmitt wrote:
I don't understand this at all but what I do know is Abraham stopped drinking around 2006. After seeing what Vick did, he's said in interviews that he wanted to turn his life around and be a leader on a team that needed one. He's done just that and even though he told me to go suck a testicle at one point, I'll always have him up there as one of my favorites.

misdemeanors. He will get a stern 'talking to' from a 'dissapointed' Blank, and pay some fines. Prolly have to go to a few 'management' courses in the offseason.

word on the 'screet' is that he was leaving a club @ Atlantic Station and he looked hammered..He supposedly owns a unit at 'Twelve' where this 'Cray Cray' was going to do her Lambeau Leap. Methinks he knew her as a neighbor, was a little lit and didn't want to be told he couldn't go to his property. So he went to jail.

no big deal here, unless in a strange twist of events, the crazy b*tch ends up being one of John's harem, in which it could get legs. But, I doubt that.

Looks like someone is going to be doing a little 'neigborhood relief' next summer for 'Blank-icef' :P

"Bath Salts, Baby!" :ninja:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:56 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Abe said he stopped drinking DAMN IT! So much for the straight edge living, ugh got to stop being clean. Its crazy that veterans are getting in trouble and not young players like Spoon or DeCoud.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:18 pm 

I assume the comments about Abraham being intoxicated are sarcasm?

It doesn't say anywhere that he was intoxicated. Stupid doesn't always equal inebriated.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:02 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

dirtybirdnw wrote:

It doesn't say anywhere that he was intoxicated. Stupid doesn't always equal inebriated.

true enough. Like I said, 'word on the screet' which basically means someone who lives at 'Twelve' ( or said she did) called in to Mayhem in the AM on 790 and said he looked like he was 'off' and slurring his words. For all I know, that could have been complete BS..

But that's just spec. I do find it more then a little 'odd' that the man was asked multiple times to 'leave the area', by a fireman, and fire chief and eventually, the APD. That much has been established.

If I had to gamble on it, I'd say something was 'up' ( not neccessarily booze, could be something as simple as a bad drug reaction from his DR, etc.) and he was either being belligerent, or trying to be Captain Save A Hoe.

He does look a little 'bleary eyed' in his mug shot. But, he could have been crying because it wasn't Ray Edwards threatening to jump 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 pm 

Yeah, my initial reaction when seeing the mugshot, that his eyes betray either a heavy case of insomnia or that he might have been a bit sauced.

My "meh" comment earlier was just to point out my ambivalence over this. It's a minor issue at best, akin to jaywalking if you ask me. Except when a millionaire gets cited for jaywalking, he's probably going to "cause a scene." And if that millionaire happens to be a 6-5, 260-pound black man, he's going to wind up in handcuffs.

This is no different than Adrian Peterson's summer arrest for not leaving a bar as quickly as some police officer wanted him to. Except I have to give points to Abe for not also getting a "resisting arrest" trump charge on top of the obstruction.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:36 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ0up_MjsLk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:04 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Ray Edwards joke was so well put :clap:

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:15 pm 

fun gus wrote:
dirtybirdnw wrote:

true enough. Like I said, 'word on the screet' which basically means someone who lives at 'Twelve' ( or said she did) called in to Mayhem in the AM on 790 and said he looked like he was 'off' and slurring his words. For all I know, that could have been complete BS..

Being in Washington State I'm not privy to AM sports talk like most of you are. I just get to hear about the massive Packers/Seahawks debate.

This forum is my life line for news about the Falcons! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:49 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

yep...hammered.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/police-f ... her/nSLsG/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:59 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Surprised they did not tack on a public intox. They usually try to "Brooking" people--pile on. And since he was a six foot plus 250 pound black man I can't believe he wasn't charged with attempted murder for the jumper. Do you think there are "insurgents" on the force like in Afgahnistan? :shock: