It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some thought from the stands.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:25 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I now think its the defense that will make this a good team and makes my prediction
for the season wrong about us being a bad team......

As far as I could tell our defensive backs did a great job covering and Manning had to make perfect throws usually to make completions. I think just perhaps Grimes may have been our weak link, and this no-name makes and interception on the first play Samuels goes out..... Now don't take that literally, there are often open receivers;But William Moore played like a monster, as did I thought our defensive backs......

On a different note its just not about Julio, Roddy is our spark plug with his third straight 100 receiving yards for the 5th straight night on Monday night football.

He's the one who gets it done in crunch time.

Ryan is getting more opportunities; and being able to make some completions without throwing more than 25 yards.

Sam Baker did a hella of a job against some very good Denver pass rushers!!

We really don't know who are the best teams for 2012 and the Falcons must still improve in stopping the run up the middle; and Rodgers looked almost as slow as
Turner. We got out rushed by about 100 yards and they had 4 turnovers and we had none....

Oh YEA, for the first time I saw Matt Ryan run like he was willing to sell out his body for the yards.... It might be dangerous but the team thrives off it!!

Post subject: Re: Some thought from the stands.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:55 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Cyril wrote:
and this no-name makes and interception on the first play Samuels goes out.....

His name is McLain. Yippy Ki-Yay mofo!!!

!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 am 
Superstar
Superstar

one8swayze wrote:
Cyril wrote:
and this no-name makes and interception on the first play Samuels goes out.....

His name is McLain. Yippy Ki-Yay mofo!!!

!

So its safe to say if he makes one more play this year he will have earned the nickname Rob "Die-Hard" McLain :up:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Cyril wrote:
On a different note its just not about Julio, Roddy is our spark plug with his third straight 100 receiving yards for the 5th straight night on Monday night football.

He's the one who gets it done in crunch time.

Does that surprise you?

I never really bought into the idea that Julio would be our No. 1 receiver. No. 1 playmaker? Sure. But no one has been through more passes from 2007 to 2011 than Roddy White. 808 targets for Roddy, 800 for Fitz, 752 for Welker, 743 for Reggie Wayne. That wasn't going to be flipped on its head overnight.

Cyril wrote:
I think just perhaps Grimes may have been our weak link, and this no-name makes and interception on the first play Samuels goes out..... Now don't take that literally, there are often open receivers;

Don't take Grimes being our weak link literally? Then why say it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:00 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Cyril Wrote"
Quote:
As far as I could tell our defensive backs did a great job covering and Manning had to make perfect throws usually to make completions. Now don't take that literally, there are often open receivers;But William Moore played like a monster, as did I thought our defensive backs...... "

Pudge my writing is a little faster at 4:00 am; so I can fit the time in; but the above is what I wanted to say I saw from the stands (and I forgot to tape it) and what I see from the stands may not always be right, and sometimes its better from the stands just according to what play.

As for Roddy I'm not posting for anyone particular; I believe many here thought Julio
would replace Roddy in most every area; and that's just not going to happen this year IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:05 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Cyril Wrote "
Quote:
Pudge now this is for you. I don't think you've ever given Roddy the credit for what he means to this team."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:31 pm 

Cyril, someone might call me out on this but, here goes...

I don't think I've been overly critical of Roddy the player, just rather Roddy the person. I think one of the reasons why I thought that Jones trade was unnecessary was because of Roddy's presence on the team. The Falcons didn't need a 1-B, we just needed someone that could generate big plays on occasion, a true 2 (e.g. Torrey Smith).

We didn't need to make that move because Roddy was signed thru 2015 and we were going to get a lot of production from him in the meantime (5 good years at the time of the trade). Roddy IMO is the new Reggie Wayne.

Now as a person, I think Roddy is an idiot. He got a 4 on his Wonderlic, and I think that is a fairly accurate reflection of his intelligence. I think Roddy runs way too hot at times, which leads to him getting A LOT more penalties than I think a lot of Falcon fans think. And I think he gets too much of a pass or leeway for this stupid behavior because of how good a WR he is. He trashes other teams, coaches, and players on twitter, says insensitive things on twitter, starts fights over routine plays. He should be called out more for this stupid, immature behavior. Roddy is almost 31 years old, but he still acts at times like he's 23.

And I do think when it comes to Roddy the player and how much he positively impacts this offense, I've consistently defended and backed him over the years:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16439

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:52 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge Wrote "
Quote:
And I do think when it comes to Roddy the player and how much he positively impacts this offense, I've consistently defended and backed him over the years"

Sure I'll say that statement is ridicules; there's a huge difference between defending
someone; and saying how much they make the offense work.

Its your opinion about your views of Roddy on the field, and I wouldn't argue any of your negative points on or off the field, in today's world many wide receivers who make an impact for years just become weird. It has nothing to do with giving our
best receiver in history a little credit!!

If you think you give him a fair shake then I won't argue that except for my first sentence. Not trying to start a fight over your opinion. I've just never even heard you say he impacts the offense and maybe its too obvious and I should assume you believe that too!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:06 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Yeah, Roddy the player is fantastic, though he does make some key drops from time to time. Roddy the person seems to be a genuinely kind and caring individual. He's also not very smart, and has a platform for sharing that lack of intelligence with the rest of the world.

Smart people have dumb thoughts every now and then. However, we have a filter to keep most of those from making it into public view. Roddy doesn't have that filter. The dumbest of his thoughts go right up on twitter for the world to see.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:27 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Anyone else a bit worried when he described his pre-game meal? Sounded an awful lot like the old Roddy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:59 am 
Superstar
Superstar

samedi wrote:
Anyone else a bit worried when he described his pre-game meal? Sounded an awful lot like the old Roddy.

Haha. "Something about all that grease gets me going"