Holy Crap this Bears/Pack game

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Holy Crap this Bears/Pack game

Postby fun gus » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:10 pm

I mean, the Packers had this game IN THE BAG, in the 4th, and could have 'run out the clock'

They went for the jugular. It's mop up time now with 9+ mins and they are 23 -3.

Unbelievable, and they are missing one of thier premier weapons.

Ouch. 8-)
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Holy Crap this Bears/Pack game

Postby RobertAP » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:16 am

Between Cutler and Rodgers, a total of 345 yards passing. Not what I expected.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:08 pm

I didn't see the game thanks to there being no NFL Network in the state of North Carolina and not wanting to go out to a bar and pay.

But Chicago is a lot like Atlanta. You can't trust them in the big games to come through and play up to the level expected of them. Thus why I chose GB in the pick em. The other reason being of course you always take the home team on Thursday night to win. And since everybody has a tendency to overreact to the 1st games of the year, I figured people would be too down on GB and too high on CHI.

Until either team can go up against a top opponent and show me 3+ quarters of competitiveness, they will always be IMO on the outside looking in as far as the NFC Super Bowl picture.

Atlanta has a chance to of course begin to change my opinion with a strong showing vs. Denver. I don't need them to blow out the Broncos, but I do want to see them in control of the majority of the game.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Postby fun gus » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Pudge wrote:I didn't see the game thanks to there being no NFL Network in the state of North Carolina and not wanting to go out to a bar and pay.

But Chicago is a lot like Atlanta. You can't trust them in the big games to come through and play up to the level expected of them. Thus why I chose GB in the pick em. The other reason being of course you always take the home team on Thursday night to win. And since everybody has a tendency to overreact to the 1st games of the year, I figured people would be too down on GB and too high on CHI.

Until either team can go up against a top opponent and show me 3+ quarters of competitiveness, they will always be IMO on the outside looking in as far as the NFC Super Bowl picture.

Atlanta has a chance to of course begin to change my opinion with a strong showing vs. Denver. I don't need them to blow out the Broncos, but I do want to see them in control of the majority of the game.

Packers never took the foot off of the throat of the Bears. I couldn't believe it.

Now the Panthers are doing the same thing to the Saints. up 35-20 in the 4th, and they are not playing it 'safe'.

It is interesting watching these teams that establish a late game lead, and dont go back to playing Martyball. :ninja:

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Postby fun gus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:47 pm

fun gus wrote:
Pudge wrote:I didn't see the game thanks to there being no NFL Network in the state of North Carolina and not wanting to go out to a bar and pay.

Packers never took the foot off of the throat of the Bears. I couldn't believe it.

Now the Panthers are doing the same thing to the Saints. up 35-20 in the 4th, and they are not playing it 'safe'.

It is interesting watching these teams that establish a late game lead, and dont go back to playing Martyball. :ninja:

oops. 5 minutes left and NOW they are playing it 'safe' :oops:

Return to “The Huddle”