Michael on Marcus

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

widetrak21
Superstar
Superstar

Michael on Marcus

Postby widetrak21 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:45 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

- Nice article about Michael on Marcus for any interested. Mike says theres no way we'd draft him, which I think most of us suspected anyway.

PB21
Superstar
Superstar

Postby PB21 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:05 am

Behavior doesn't change in a couple of months like older bro suggests. Still one has to wonder if Blank will take a chance on Marc. If he does,...the Falcons filter is a bunch of bull.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:27 am

I think the Falcons will have the opportunity to get Marcus in undrafted free agency. Frankly, I only see a handful of teams that have: A) the desire for a QB and B) have a history of not exactly going after humanitarians.

It was very telling to me about Marcus' draft status when he was not brought in for any personal workouts.

My guess is that only Arizona or Oakland would really even think about drafting him, but probably not until Round 7, and if they don't draft a QB in the first 4 rounds (which seems doubtful to me at this point).

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see him eventually land with Denver, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Miami, or Washington as an undrafted free agent, since those are typically the teams that are a bit more willing to overlook character issues when it comes to prospects.

I still wouldn't mind seeing the Falcons bring him in as an undrafted guy and converting him to WR, where I think he could be able to make a much quicker impact in the NFL.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “The Huddle”