It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Andrew Luck the Introvert
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:37 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

One thing I've noticed over the past month or so when reporters have interviewed Andrew Luck in that how introverted he seems. He seems like a guy that is smart enough to know that the limelight comes with the situation he is in, but seems to really shun it. Next time you see him talk, just pay attention to how many times he blinks and talks with his eyes clothes.

And then when you compare him to Robert Griffin, who seems extremely natural and comfortable with the limelight on him. While I think Luck is a superb NFL prospect, I wonder if this mental makeup may affect how both players develop in the league.

If 3-5 years from now, we look back and see RG3 as the stud, and Luck was a disappointment, I think we may ultimately chalk it up to this reason why it was the case.

I want to stress that I don't think that will happen. Even if RG3 does become the better player, at worst you're going to be talking about Luck in the same vein as Eli Manning in terms of his more passive personality. But I don't think Luck is very passive, at least not on the football field. He plays with a lot of energy and passion, he just seems to lack that when he's off the field.

It's going to be interesting to see how these things play out in the coming years.

Profile E-mail