It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dirk Koetter is the new OC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:25 pm 

Hell... I might as well adopt Seattle as my team. I can be this frustrated with the Seahawks and at least have local friends I can lament with.

Of course this is no surprise... We can except Del Rio to sign any day and complete the transition to the Atlanta Jaguars.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:35 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/30483/relax-atlanta-koetter-is-credible

Pat from ESPN coming to the new OC's defense. I personally have nothing but skepticism, but we'll see.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:49 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Yulin wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/30483/relax-atlanta-koetter-is-credible

Pat from ESPN coming to the new OC's defense. I personally have nothing but skepticism, but we'll see.

Pat can suck my balls. He called the Falcons to win the superbowl. He's an idiot and a mouthpiece.

Clearly he cares more about access and personal relationships then 'insight'. :roll:

"I haven’t covered Koetter yet, but I’ve heard very good things about him from people who have covered him, including Kuharsky. I’ve also heard very good things about him from others who have coached with him. Koetter’s respected around the league and that’s almost always a good sign. I hadn't heard the same things about some of the other names that were linked to this position. "
OMG!
Hey f*ck you Pat Y with your ball licking, okay? Were all glad Blank buys you a nice suite whenever your in town, but I pay for tickets. So why dont you drive your a$$ downtown and get 'the feel'?

Rise Up Pat! Rise Up! :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:02 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

fun gus wrote:
Pat can suck my balls.

:rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiKLXHjy5PU#t=0m41s

Thank you fun gus, that made my day. :rofl:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:48 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Judge him on the steady regression Jax took under his tenure. This has been his only NFL experience and it is dismal by any objective standard.

Bringing up ASU? Classic- he was FIRED.

Unimaginative, predictable and uninspired pick. He ought to fit right in. :dance:

Passing rankings by year for Koetter. The number indicates the ranking out of 32 teams. Only once did they (barely) break the top 15.
Year Att Yds TD
2007 27 17 9
2008 11 15 24
2009 23 19 27
2010 31 27 11
2011 28 32 31

Only once was his passing offense in the top 15, and only barely.

Yeah I know, cant make chicken salad and all. Bu-bu-but he didbnt have anything to work with! Stop. This was a bad hire, done by comittee and sold to A Blank.

The only good thing about this is this will put off any 'new stadium' horsesh&t about 3-4 more years.

boo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:03 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

this is the last thing I will comment on this sh*tty hire.

'Why dont you give him a chance?"

Hey sh*theads. Guess what were TIRED of that.

whheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Image :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:11 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/2012/01/f ... ter-as-oc/

Oh I just love this article on atlantafalcons.com. Conveniently fails to mention anything about Koetter's mediocrity and abysmal failures. Does the FO really think we are so naive that we will buy into their sugarcoated BS?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I guess Gus will have to find a new team now. :rofl:

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:34 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

fun gus wrote:
Judge him on the steady regression Jax took under his tenure. This has been his only NFL experience and it is dismal by any objective standard.

Unimaginative, predictable and uninspired pick. He ought to fit right in. :dance:

Passing rankings by year for Koetter. The number indicates the ranking out of 32 teams. Only once did they (barely) break the top 15.
Year Att Yds TD
2007 27 17 9
2008 11 15 24
2009 23 19 27
2010 31 27 11
2011 28 32 31

Yeah I know, cant make chicken salad and all. Bu-bu-but he didbnt have anything to work with! Stop. This was a bad hire, done by comittee and sold to A Blank.

The only good thing about this is this will put off any 'new stadium' horsesh&t about 3-4 more years.

boo.

I'm curious as to who you would have hired as OC.

Tom Clements? Only time he was an OC was in 04-05 where the Bills ranked 25th and 28th respectively.
Brian Billick? His offense in Baltimore cracked the top 16 twice between 99-07 (#14 & #16). Yet, he had a top offense 4 of the 5 years he coached as OC in Minnesota.. Why? He had talent to work with. Also, why would a SB winning and highly respected head coach come back as an OC?
Schottenheimer? I'd take anybody over him.

Just realized, why am I even posting this? The only reason you ever show up on these boards is to bitch and whine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:42 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Just remember this: He got the Boise State train started...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:02 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Nuccah wrote:
fun gus wrote:

Year Att Yds TD
2007 27 17 9
2008 11 15 24
2009 23 19 27
2010 31 27 11
2011 28 32 31

boo.

Tom Clements? Only time he was an OC was in 04-05 where the Bills ranked 25th and 28th respectively.
Brian Billick? His offense in Baltimore cracked the top 16 twice between 99-07 (#14 & #16). Yet, he had a top offense 4 of the 5 years he coached as OC in Minnesota.. Why? He had talent to work with. Also, why would a SB winning and highly respected head coach come back as an OC?

Just realized, why am I even posting this? The only reason you ever show up on these boards is to bitch and whine.

I would have hired Clements first. Other options : Todd Haley, Holsgeren ( if you really ambitious ) or if youre Reaaaaly ambitious Sparano?

I had two ( count em two ) guys I did NOT want to see. Bratkowski or Dirka Dirka. Seriously. I might have even been receptive to a Chip Kelley or even..gasp a Chris Miller. Google them .

Tim Lewis or R Hamilton. If these 2 are chosen for DC I will crap in a bag, and mail it to Flowery Branch. Those are the ONLY 2 I dont wanna see.

But I'm sorry you think the only reason I ever show up on 'these boards' is to 'bitch and whine'. Maybe you should go help yourself. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:48 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
" Fun Gus " wrote
When they held that press conference and said this year was not going to be 'status quo' they lied. Plain and simple.

And you were expecting the truth from Blank?

I actually think its a great hire!! I like to win and this guy is Mularkey 2.0 !!

Really all we need is an offensive line and a Defensive line, a running back, and Qb; then we're ready to go (:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:57 am 
Superstar
Superstar

wow the more I look into this the more I say wtf? google this guy and let the disappointment sink in.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:36 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Wease wrote:
I guess Gus will have to find a new team now. :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:43 am 
Superstar
Superstar

But Lil Kim is dead :doh:

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

fun gus wrote:
Nuccah wrote:
fun gus wrote:

Year Att Yds TD
2007 27 17 9
2008 11 15 24
2009 23 19 27
2010 31 27 11
2011 28 32 31

boo.

I would have hired Clements first. Other options : Todd Haley, Holsgeren ( if you really ambitious ) or if youre Reaaaaly ambitious Sparano?

What in the hell makes Clements any more appealing then Koetter? At least Koetter ran a successful offense at a high level.

I imagine you mean Holgorsen, who has never coached at the NFL level.

Sparano, who has never even been an OC

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:48 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Nuccah wrote:
What in the hell makes Clements any more appealing then Koetter? At least Koetter ran a successful offense at a high level.

Well, enjoy swingin on Dirka Dirka's nutsack then. Clements is a guy who helped transform Rodgers into what he is, had roles in developing backup Flynn, his list of QB's and coaches he has worked with in his 19 years in the NFL and his college time is amazing....

Despite his time in Buffalo I believe he would be able to take Ryan to the 'next level' better then Dirk Diggler.

Ryan needs a guy who can come in and implement something along the lines of a WCO, not 'more of the same.Dirka Dirka runs a vertical passing game (albeit excrutiatingly badly), which is Matt Ryan's weakness. Holding blocks for 7-step drop patterns is also the offensive line's weakness. :doh:

We hired a coach whose system ignores our team's strengths, while accentuating their weaknesses.

We signed a man-cover corner a few years ago into a soft zone scheme.

Thomas Dimitroff is completely blind. He falls in love with some shiny toy and ignores the fact that it is the wrong tool for the job.

You asked, I answered. Now if you dont like the answer then

step one:stick out thumb
step two: sit on it.
step three: repeat and wait for next years postseason ( if we get there) :lol:

Last edited by fun gus on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 am 
Superstar
Superstar

fun gus wrote:
Nuccah wrote:

Well, enjoy swingin on Dirka Dirka's nutsack then. Clements is a guy who helped transform Rodgers into what he is, had roles in developing backup Flynn, his list of QB's and coaches he has worked with in his 19 years in the NFL and his college time is amazing....

Despite his time in Buffalo I believe he would be able to take Ryan to the 'next level' better then Dirk Diggler.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:15 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Wease wrote:
fun gus wrote:
Nuccah wrote:

:lol: touche'!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

I like to read the OFMB, sometimes the Roost and this forum because you get a panoply of different perspectives. This guy on the OFMB summed it up very nicely for me: I despise this hire. It is literally the worst, laziest hire we possibly could have made. Dirk Koetter has proven nothing in this league, and only proven to be able to beat mediocre teams in his college experience with no significant wins against good competition. He helped beat the Steelers, but look at the stat line from that game: http://www.nfl.com/g...ers#tab=analyze (3 Roethlesberger INTs, including a pick 6 by Mathis)

I have to seriously question this move, and if anyone from Falcons sees this post, maybe they could entertain us with getting some answers.

Since the hiring of Mike Smith, the Falcons have struggled winning important primetime games, games against elite teams, and most importantly playoff games. What on Dirk Koetter's resume says that he is the guy that can get this offense to a level where it can outscore teams like the Saints, Packers, Eagles, and Giants? When has this guy ever had a team play above it's talent level? No one can dispute the lack of talent on the Jaguars, but does any Offensive coordinator deserve a job of the same level after having his offense continually regress year after year until it's literally the worst in the league?

I understand that all signs pointed to Mularkey leaving, and that there was probably time to evaluate candidates before we ever knew he was getting the Jaguars coaching job. But less than a week after another one and done playoff loss, did the Atlanta Falcons actually interview any other candidates, and without any doubt is Dirk Koetter the best candidate available? Was waiting one day for a potential interview with Tom Clements not worth it? Was going to the Jacksonville Jaguars really the best model to base what you believe to be the remedy of our offensive issues? I'm sorry, but considering that Mike Smith brought the Jacksonville Jaguar philosophy into the building 4 years ago, with limited success, is going back to that well the wisest for getting this team over the top? Did the Atlanta Falcons look across the NFL and College landscape to find the best candidate to build a dynamic offense around their franchise QB, and elite weapons, or did they simply go get Mike Smith's buddy from his old team because he was comfortable with him? Does that decision coincide with what we were promised in Arthur Blank's press conference?

One year from now, if we have not improved what will this hire look like?

If we had gone with a candidate from a winning organization and failed how would that be perceived by the media?

At least if you step outside the box, you looked like you tried, but to go with the lazy, comfortable, "go with who you know" approach, you look too scared to shake things up. How can you respect a decision like this?

I have come to realize that all of Mike Smith's decisions are based off of fear. On the field, and now apparently off the field. We need to be convinced that out of all the potential candidates to fix our offense, Dirk Koetter was the absolute best candidate available. Until I get that answer, and I'm not saying I'm important enough to deserve it, but I am not going to be very optimistic on the future of this team, nor should I feel like I have to be convinced to.

That said, we need to know, was Dirk Koetter the best possible choice for this team?

I hope i'm wrong, but I deserve to have my doubts. "

:clap: flame away!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 am 
Superstar
Superstar

As predicted, Smitty wasn't going to stray too far from the Jaguar coaching tree. If anyone expected anything other than a Mike Mularkey 2.0, you don't understand football. Smitty is run first, ball control and grind out a victory. The OC might have changed, but the philosophy hasn't.

Smitty earned a pass this year because of what he's done to turn this franchise around. Starting today, it becomes about playoff results. If we see another inconsistent, uninspired at times team like this past year, Smitty should be shown the door.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:22 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Fun Gus will go become a Cam fan and get his Carolina Panties on to support those bums.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:34 pm 

So far the talking heads seem to be high on the Koetter hire thus far. I like the comment Peter King made in his MMQ article that he thinks he'll use Quizz to get the screen pass going in 2012. I love that idea a lot...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:24 pm 

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
As predicted, Smitty wasn't going to stray too far from the Jaguar coaching tree. If anyone expected anything other than a Mike Mularkey 2.0, you don't understand football. Smitty is run first, ball control and grind out a victory. The OC might have changed, but the philosophy hasn't.

Smitty earned a pass this year because of what he's done to turn this franchise around. Starting today, it becomes about playoff results. If we see another inconsistent, uninspired at times team like this past year, Smitty should be shown the door.

And there it is...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:15 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

There is some potential in the hire. Koetter doesn't appear to be Mularkey 2.0. That said, I hope that he realizes that our offensive line isn't going to hold up for 7 step drops. Ryan has to get the ball out quickly, and Koetter is going to have to draw up routes that will get people open quickly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next