It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 3 vs. Bucs Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:26 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Always a nail biter with the Bucs, hopefully the Falcons are prepped for another one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Week 3 vs. Bucs Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:43 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge you had to ruin the funny discussion tjread names. Oh well anyway Bucs are in similar position. They made a great comeback although against a lesser opponent.. Like you said Pudge, this game will go down to the wire. I'm confident Falcons will prevail based on how bad soft the Bucs front seven is. They are young, soft, and could get manhandled. Turner has been on a roll and usually has big games against Tampa. We should win this but Freeman can do anything. One big concern is Winslow still because Celek had so much space across the middle. Unlike Celek, Winslow doesn't drop many passes. I look for Roddy and Julio to explode finally. I am pumped for this one, division games are always fun. This is a 4 pm start just to clarify.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

If the o-line blocks like it did last week, I've got a bad feeling we'll be seeing Redman...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:41 pm 

I really have not prepared myself for this weeks' game. I've devoted about 8 minutes of thought to it. Unfortunately, that usually means the Falcons lose.

Hopefully the Falcons have thought about it more. Eventually the Bucs are going to beat the Falcons. Hopefully this week will not be the one where they get over the hump.

I'm hopeful that Ray Edwards has a big game against Jeremy Trueblood at RT.

I would like to see us attack those young Bucs LBs with Tony Gonzalez, and see if we can start to generate some big plays down the field, especially with Julio Jones taking on Ronde Barber. Jenkins has dominated Barber in the past few outings, and I imagine JOnes should be able to do everything Jenks could do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:11 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I think we will take this one. There Oline isn't very good, we should get pressure and their recievin corp is average.On the othrside Tampa is super young and volunerable to both the run and the pass. This is a good matchup for the Falcons.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:54 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I know the Bucs have been creeping for a victory against the Falcons, but still I don't see how they do it. They have a weak front seven and that's something a team like the Falcons can demolish. Just look at last week how the Falcons targeted those weak linebackers on Philly. I look for the below average running back (Pudge hacked my account) to have a great game here and to have his 3rd straight 100 yard game like a below average running back does. People still rate Ronde highly, but I just don't see it. This could be a huge game for Julio as Roddy usually struggles against Tampa. I know Roddy will get his stats but he never goes over 100 against the Bucs. I can't see the Bucs stopping Atlanta in this one, which makes me believe this will be another 30 or more game for Atlanta. The defense will have it's slip ups but they will hold on. Tampa's defense really looks weak and Tampa's offense isn't strong enough to score constantly. Freeman is a threat like we all know but he simply doesn't have the weapons to do it all on his own.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:24 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I dont think this game will be as close as the last games. I think in this third week game the offense will finally start clicking. Since there is no bonafide edge rusher on this team we should be able to keep Ryan upright. I don however feel that it will not be julio who has the big game however I think it will be HD83. On the defensive side of the ball I am looking for the secondary to key in on Mike Williams, he has had some good games against us. I need Big Play Ray to get a sack and since Owens is starting I hope Briscoe doesnt eat him alive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:42 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I'm thinking we are going to go heavy on the run setting up 3rd and manageable until Tampa crowds the box and then take some shots down field...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:39 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Well I would like to discuss the game here. It's the game discussion thread after all, so for one week let's have the chat in here. So far Atlanta's offense has looked awful. So much for Tampa's defense being weak, I guess you don't win games on paper ( Philly much?). DeCoud made the big play and isn't DeCan't or Stone Hands no more.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail