It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FalcFans Podcast!!! Also submit questions here...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
The podcast and the bi-weekly live shows on Ustream are now on indefinite hiatus. Ryan and I are parting of ways due to irreconcilable differences. I think our goals for what the show should be as well as who our core audience is are completely different, and I think we've reached a point for quite some time where any attempts by either of us to bridge those views is impossible.

So the podcast is done for the time being. I still want to have a podcast on the site, and hope that some day in the near future it will resume with myself or others at the helm.

Sorry to disappoint anyone that was really enjoying the show. Although there's no accounting for taste. :P

Any questions, concerns, comments, or suggestions about the future of the show (or the past) are welcome.

irreconcilable differences...who lost thier Skype? :lol:

Okay Pudge, it's time for the Fun Gus/ Pudgecast.

I promise to make it 'entertaining'! :king:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

PudgEmmitGus podcast?

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:01 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Emmitt wrote:
PudgEmmitGus podcast?

:clap:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:32 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... s-1-2-6748

Episode 22, Parts 1 & 2.

Description: Aaron is back and is joined by Allen Strk and Scott Carasik for a lively conversation on a wide range of Falcons-related topics. You’ll hear their thoughts on many of the current Falcon players and what sort of seasons they are having in 2012 and what they could be expecting in the future. You’ll also hear them opine on some past Falcon players as well. Scott shares many of his thoughts on what the Falcons could be looking at in the draft and this upcoming off-season. They give their insights on what the upcoming playoff picture could look like for the Falcons. This episode does contain EXPLICIT content, so be forewarned.

Part 1 Duration: 1 hour, 2 minutes
Part 2 Duration: 1 hour, 6 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:10 pm 

Joined once again by Allen Strk AKA Emmitt.

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... eview-6843

Ep. 23 "2012 Year in Review"

Description: Aaron is joined once again by his friend Allen Strk to recap the Falcons 2012 season. Both give their thoughts on a plethora of Falcon players and their favorite moments from the season. They discuss the health of players like John Abraham, William Moore, and whether Mike Smith made the right call playing his starters against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But quickly their attention turns to the Falcons upcoming playoff matchups, with each giving their opinions on the different scenarios the team could see in the second round. Each gives their insights on the Redskins, Vikings, Seahawks, 49ers, and Packers as potential obstacles to the Falcons potential journey to the Super Bowl. Eventually they wind up giving their picks for who will make it to the Super Bowl, as well as their thoughts on the many coaching vacancies around the league.

Duration: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:00 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

if I get SKYPE can I jump in with some comic relief? :dance:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:40 pm 

fun gus, I would love to have you on. I have something draft-related cooking for next week.

Something I wanted to do many moons ago was to have a "call in" show where I'd have several 5-10 minute convos with anybody that called on a certain night. I'm still open to that idea, other logistically I still need to give it some thought. But for anybody that has the "hankering" to share their thoughts and has Skype, I'm very open to that.

I think having something post-draft during the dead time of the off-season probably would be perfect time. So if there are any parties interested, I'm always open to suggestions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:04 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
fun gus, I would love to have you on. I have something draft-related cooking for next week.

Something I wanted to do many moons ago was to have a "call in" show where I'd have several 5-10 minute convos with anybody that called on a certain night. I'm still open to that idea, other logistically I still need to give it some thought. But for anybody that has the "hankering" to share their thoughts and has Skype, I'm very open to that.

I think having something post-draft during the dead time of the off-season probably would be perfect time. So if there are any parties interested, I'm always open to suggestions.

hot damn, I've made the Big Time!

I wont let you down. boss. Already picking out my pasties!

j/k

*getting skype now*

whoot!

:drugged:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:29 pm 

Realized I had not been updating this thread:

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... n-com-7360

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 26 “IHateDuntaRobinson.com”

Description: On this week's episode, Aaron is joined by Allen Strk and Tom Melton to recap the Falcons free agent moves as well as look forward to what the team could do in April's draft. You'll hear their thoughts on the acquisitions of Osi Umenyiora and Steven Jackson, as well as the team re-signing players like Sam Baker and William Moore. You'll also hear their opinions on what are the chances that Brent Grimes and John Abraham suit up for the team in 2013. As they venture into the draft, you'll hear opinions on whether the Falcons should prioritize improving the pass rush or their coverage on the back-end. You're hear opinions on a couple of first round targets such as Datone Jones, Desmond Trufant, and Johnthan Banks. The conversation then returns back to the Falcons, and you'll hear whether players like Tyson Clabo, Jonathan Babineaux, and Stephen Nicholas's days as Falcons might be numbered. They debate whether Peria Jerry or Jamaal Anderson proved to be a better pick. Thoughts about what options the Falcons may have at improving their linebacker and wide receiver play will also be discussed. The trio pine over the memories of Eric Weems, while they shed no tears for the departed Dunta Robinson.

Duration: 74 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... art-1-7252

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 25 “Free Agency Preview” Part 1

Description: Allen Strk and Aaron are back to discuss free agency, including the big moves the Falcons made on Saturday to re-sign William Moore and Garrett Reynolds. They look at what is looming on the horizon in regards to free agents like Brent Grimes, Sam Baker. You'll also hear their thoughts on the Falcons recent cuts of Michael Turner, Dunta Robinson, and John Abraham.

Duration: 30 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... art-2-7254

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 25 “Free Agency Preview” Parts 2

Description: Aaron and Allen discuss the upcoming free agent market. They look at some possible signings the Falcons could make including pass rushers like Dwight Freeney, Osi Umenyiora, Cliff Avril, and Michael Bennett. They also look at possible running back options such as Steven Jackson and Ahmad Bradshaw, and whether improving the running game should be a priority. You'll also hear their thoughts on Matt Ryan's looming monster contract, as well as their opinions of some other Falcon players like Jacquizz Rodgers, Peria Jerry, and Vance Walker.

Duration: 35 minutes

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 25 “Free Agency Preview” Part 3

Description: Aaron and Allen finish their discussion of free agency, by looking at some of the defensive tackles and tight ends the Falcons could be looking at both in March and April. You'll hear their thoughts on some ex-Falcon players such as DeAngelo Hall, Harvey Dahl, and Ray Edwards. They'll break down what they see are the off-season's priorities, as well as look ahead to 2013 to see what competition the Falcons will face and whether it culminates with a Lombardi Trophy in Flowery Branch.

Duration: 28 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... eview-7143

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 24 “Playoff Recap and Offseason Preview”

Description: Another episode in which Aaron is joined by Allen Strk to recap the Atlanta Falcons postseason efforts as well as preview some potential moves the Falcons could make this off-season. Allen and Aaron last spoke at the end of the regular season, and scheduling conflicts prevented them from getting a recap up earlier this month. But we're back again to go deep into the San Francisco 49ers loss and Seattle Seahawks win, including their thoughts on Michael Turner, Thomas DeCoud, Julio Jones, Stephen Nicholas, Harry Douglas, Richard Sherman, and the offensive line. Both give their insights into what are some of the Falcons biggest off-season needs with much of the focus on the defensive line and the secondary. They discuss some potential free agents that could help the team including Cliff Avril, Michael Johnson, Michael Bennett, and even Darrelle Revis. You'll also hear us discuss the play of Kroy Biermann and the futures of Jonathan Babineaux, Dunta Robinson, and Brent Grimes.

Duration: 80 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:38 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge, are you going to do a live draft-chat or podcast? Also, have you discontinued the mockdraft ( punch you in the face) contest again this year? :up:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:39 pm 

I was mulling this over quite a bit in my head over the weekend.

I was split on having the mock draft contest this year. Because there won't be a prize for the winner. So it wouldn't be a contest per se, because all you'd be winning are bragging rights. But if people still want to submit one, then I'll be happy to collect them and score them.

As for the live podcast, I'm not going to be able to do it this year, although maybe I can bring it back next year. The chat, the same old cruddy one that was used during the regular season is still open if people want to stop by.

Honestly, tweeting the draft was really all I was intending to do this year. Thoughts? Am I being stupid?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:25 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
I was mulling this over quite a bit in my head over the weekend.

I was split on having the mock draft contest this year. Because there won't be a prize for the winner. So it wouldn't be a contest per se, because all you'd be winning are bragging rights. But if people still want to submit one, then I'll be happy to collect them and score them.

As for the live podcast, I'm not going to be able to do it this year, although maybe I can bring it back next year. The chat, the same old cruddy one that was used during the regular season is still open if people want to stop by.

Honestly, tweeting the draft was really all I was intending to do this year. Thoughts? Am I being stupid?

I would do it for sh*ts and giggles. I dont use Twitter, though. Im a Facebook guy :ninja:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:20 pm 

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... recap-7553

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 27 “2013 Draft Recap”
May 11th, 2013

On this episode, Allen and I recap the 2013 Draft. We detail what we liked and didn’t like about the Falcons picks, as well as looking around the league at other teams’ picks. You’ll also hear Allen’s insights and recap of his experience at Radio City Music Hall on the opening night of the draft. Dominique Franks’ roster status as well as John Abraham’s chances of returning to the team are also discussed. Robert James earns a new nickname: “Cancer” in this episode, and of course we can’t go an episode without our obligatory Peria Jerry and Ray Edwards bashing.

Duration: 1 hour, 16 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:44 pm 

A few updates:

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... homme-7813

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 31 “Thank God for Jake Delhomme”
July 2nd, 2013

This week, Allen and I are once again joined by Tom Melton to discuss some of the upcoming roster and depth chart battles we expect to see in Atlanta Falcons training camp. We break down the battle along the right side of the offensive line as well as what could shake up with the battle for key depth positions at quarterback and tight end … We look at every level of the defense as battles rage at all the position groups. Tom weighs in on how Richard Seymour could help the Falcons … We discuss the depth at linebacker along with what if any of the young players could step up to help the Falcons pass rush … We dive into whether or not this year’s defensive line will live up to some past units and whether Falcon fans have been spoiled by past success up front … It wouldn’t be a Tom Melton episode without some patented Dunta Robinson bashing … We discuss their favorite young punter in the NFL and his name isn’t Matt Bosher … We discuss whether the loss of Tyson Clabo or John Abraham will hurt the team more and then reminisce on some of our favorite Predator moments over the years … Peter Konz’s future is discussed as well as Justin Blalock’s tuba playing … Jason Snelling and Jacquizz Rodgers’ values are also discussed. Note: This episode does contain explicit language, so it is NSFW!

Duration: 1 hour, 3 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... -meat-7733

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 30 “Norv Turner’s Neck Meat”
June 15th, 2013

This week, Allen and I are joined by Rashad James to talk about the latest happenings with the Falcons. Those include discussion of changes to the right side of the line and whether it will work in the Falcons favor … Addressing the depth and rotation at defensive end and which players might step up opposite Osi Umenyiora to help the Falcons pass rush … Concern over depth at linebacker and which young players might step up including Pat Schiller and Brian Banks … Falcons depth at safety and whether or not more usage of Mike Nolan’s Big Nickel is on the horizon … Roddy White’s future in Atlanta … Revisiting the Julio Jones trade and other potential options … NFC South Division Race talk … Offseason Grades … Falcons Mount Rushmore … Are the Houston Texans for real?

Duration: 1 hour, 4 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... ckles-7648

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 29 “The Ryan Fitzpatrick of Left Tackles”
May 31st, 2013

Allen and I are joined by Steve Cohen, another die-hard Falcon fan to talk some of the latest news surrounding the Falcons, including the potential signing of free agent defensive tackle Richard Seymour. We also discuss whether that move and other recent moves signal the Falcons will be moving more towards a 3-4 defense in 2013. We each share our concerns about the battles along the offensive line, and discuss our disappointment with some of the contracts given to some of those blockers recently. We go in-depth on what sort of effect Steven Jackson will have on the Falcons offense and whether or not it could have a huge impact on the outcome of the 2013 season and discuss what if any changes defensively could also make a huge difference. Our conversation then swings towards whether the Falcons are now the top team in the NFC in the wake of Michael Crabtree’s injury, and give our thoughts on what other teams in the conference could be contenders this year. Of course no FalcFans podcast can go without some discussion of Brent Grimes, and the we opine on what was really the reason behind Tyson Clabo’s release. We wrap things up with a discussion on how geography affects our fanhood.

Duration: 1 hour, 27 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... s-1-2-7562

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 28 “2013 Schedule Breakdown” Parts 1 & 2
May 14th, 2013

Allen and I take part in another two-part episode in which we go week by week, breaking down the Falcons 2013 schedule. We look at favorable matchups that the Falcons can exploit along with our thoughts on how good the Falcons 2013 opponents will be this upcoming fall. In the first part, we look at the first half of the season culminating in our analysis of the Falcons Week 10 matchup against the Seattle Seahawks. You’ll hear our thoughts on each of the Falcons first nine opponents, as well as insights on how the Falcons defensive line and offensive lines will look in 2013 and odds that the Falcons pick up a veteran free agent such as John Abraham, Richard Seymour, or Karlos Dansby before the summer starts. You’ll also hear our breakdown of how Darrelle Revis stacks up against Julio Jones, and Ron Rivera in comparison to Mike Smith.

In the second part of our schedule breakdown extravanganza, Allen and I take a look at the Falcons final seven opponents beginning in Week 11 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We talk about how good a year Steven Jackson might have, along with whether or not the Falcons have made enough improvements on defense to handle the New Orleans Saints. You’ll also hear our thoughts on how the division race in the NFC East may shake out as well as some of the other NFC squads that could be wildcard contenders. We cap things off with our insights on how the 2013 season as a whole should play out for the Falcons.

Part 1 Duration: 51 minutes
Part 2 Duration: 55 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:09 pm 

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... iddle-8382

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 32 “They’re Gonna Run It Up the Middle!”

July 17th, 2013

Description: Allen and I are joined this week by Matt Chambers of Grits Blitz blog to discuss the NFC South in depth. We discuss each of the Falcons three NFC South opponents: New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Carolina and what are our expectations for each team in 2013, and whether or not they will present a significant challenge to the Falcons in their bid for a title this year. Discussions also veer towards the competition at cornerback and whether Dominique Franks should be written off … How much confidence folks should have in the Falcons offensive line, including Sam Baker and Mike Johnson … Matt Bryant and the Falcons kickers of the recent past … What interviewing Michael Vick might be like … Chris Weinke, Pierre Thomas, and a host of other past Falcon killers. WARNING: This episode contains some EXPLICIT language.

Duration: 1 hour, 11 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:26 pm 

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... tball-8522

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 33 “The One About Fantasy Football”

July 26th, 2013

Allen and I are back with Dave Wasniski, the commish of the FalcFans fantasy league to talk all things fantasy football. We discuss which players we like and don’t like at quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and tight end, including discussions of some of the Falcons own players such as Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Steven Jackson and where they should rank this year. You’ll also hear our thoughts on what to do about playing or sitting Falcons opponents as well as our thoughts on what new NFL rule changes could affect the game this year.

Duration: 1 hour, 23 minutes

Thanks DaveWaz, for all your excellent insight. I know I feel a little smarter after having this chat.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:39 pm 

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... ngals-8704

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 34 “Everything Bengals”
August 10th, 2013

Description: Allen and I are joined once again by Matt Chambers to recap the Falcons preseason opener against the Cincinnati Bengals. We each give our thoughts on some of the things we liked and did not like about the game. You’ll hear our thoughts on the rumors of Steven Jackson’s demise…How Garrett Reynolds, Lamar Holmes looked and how it could affect the offensive line play in 2013…Paul Worrilow vs. Akeem Dent…The pass rush and whether some of the young defensive linemen are ready to step up…Robert McClain, Desmond Trufant, and Robert Alford and how they looked against the Bengals…The greatness of Dane Sanzenbacher…Brian Banks and what are his chances of making the roster…Dominique Davis’ performance and how the backup QB position may play out…The greatness of Jason Snelling…Whether Chase Coffman is for real…What to look forward to in upcoming preseason games, including next week’s matchup against the Baltimore Ravens.

Duration: 1 hour, 6 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... eview-8780

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 35 “Ravens Recap/Titans Preview”
August 20th, 2013

Description: Allen and I are joined by Dave Choate of the Falcoholic to discuss the Falcons preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens. We talk of the players that impressed us the most in the game: Peter Konz and the solid offensive line play, Steven Jackson’s improvement, Paul Worrilow’s emergence, and the battle between Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford… Stephen Nicholas, and how safe his roster spot is… Whether Lamar Holmes has solidified the starting right tackle spot, or whether the Falcons should be on the lookout for help there in free agency… Potential of adding a defensive tackle to bolster the interior rotation and later discuss some specific names… Dave then breaks down some of the players he thinks are sleepers that could wind up making the roster and gives his thoughts on how the depth at wide receiver might shape up. And whether Michael Jenkins could help bolster that position… Thoughts on the Baltimore Ravens, their off-season moves, and whether or not they can repeat as champions… Reviewing some of the matchups that could be interesting this week against the Tennessee Titans… Discussion of the Falcons subpar pass rush and tight end depth… Von Miller’s suspension and how that could affect the Denver Broncos season and AFC playoff picture.

Duration: 1 hour, 21 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:00 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep-33-the-one-about-fantasy-football-8522

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 33 “The One About Fantasy Football”

July 26th, 2013

Allen and I are back with Dave Wasniski, the commish of the FalcFans fantasy league to talk all things fantasy football. We discuss which players we like and don’t like at quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and tight end, including discussions of some of the Falcons own players such as Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Steven Jackson and where they should rank this year. You’ll also hear our thoughts on what to do about playing or sitting Falcons opponents as well as our thoughts on what new NFL rule changes could affect the game this year.

Duration: 1 hour, 23 minutes

Thanks DaveWaz, for all your excellent insight. I know I feel a little smarter after having this chat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:09 pm 

Wow, realized I haven't updated this thread in a while:

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... osers-8825

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 36 “Beggars Can’t Be Choosers”
August 28th, 2013

Allen and I are joined by Steve Cohen once again to recap and discuss our observations from the Falcons-Titans games. We discuss some of the problems that plagued the Falcons, notably their pass protection … Discussion of the overall strength of the Falcons roster … Do they need to add help at WR, S, and OL … How is Robert Alford performing … Garrett Reynolds, Lamar Holmes, and who are the weak links up front … Roster cuts and impending decisions … Who will stay or go? … What we want to see in the preseason finale vs. Jacksonville.

Duration: 1 hour, 16 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... nchez-8884

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 37 “What About Sanchez?”
September 3rd, 2013

This week Allen and I have our big 2013 NFL Preview Extravaganza. But first we review the cuts made by the Falcons as well as preview the Falcons-Saints game, and our expectations for Week 1. Allen is very optimistic, while I am the opposite. Thereafter, we break down each division in the NFL, looking at potential playoff teams and ultimately make our Super Bowl picks for 2013. In the end, we get into discussion over how to get cheap Super Bowl tickets, underage drinking, and how Pitt’s football team reminds me of former Falcon teams.

Duration: 2 hours, 13 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... baker-8990

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 38 “How Much Money Did They Pay Baker?”
September 12th, 2013

Allen and I recap our thoughts on the Atlanta Falcons Week 1 loss to the New Orleans Saints. Including our thoughts on the Falcons promising young corners … The play of the front four including how Osi Umenyiora stacks up against John Abraham … Akeem Dent’s coverage abilities … The play of tackles Lamar Holmes and Sam Baker and if/when a change could be made up front … Steven Jackson’s performance in his first game as a Falcon … Harry Douglas’ Ascension to Stardom … Later we switch our attention to the Falcons Week 2 matchup against the St. Louis Rams which include: What Matchup issues Chris Long and Robert Quinn might present to the Falcons OL … How crowd noise can benefit the Falcons at home … Cortland Finnegan and a young Rams secondary’s ability to match up against the Falcons receivers … The Falcons pass rush and how it might affect the game … Whether Asante Samuel is needed to help bottle up the explosive Rams receivers … At the end, we re-hash their opinions on other Week 1 performances including their observations from both Monday Night Football games, as well as Lavonte David, Pittsburgh Steelers, etc.

Duration: 1 hour, 19 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... lling-9047

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 39 “Is the Sky Falling?”
September 18th, 2013

Allen and I break down our thoughts on all of the injuries that have hit the Falcons this week, including assessing whether losing Sean Weatherspoon, Steven Jackson, or Kroy Biermann will impact the team the most … We also look at how the Falcons can potentially replace those guys, including how the team should use Jason Snelling and Jacquizz Rodgers … Questions about whether the Falcons should bring in another pass rusher or fullback from off the street … Recapping the Rams game and whether certain things like the Falcons’ pass protection is improving … Previewing the Dolphins game and whether Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez can really make the difference in a win/loss … Joplo Bartu’s emerging greatness … I rant about some of the overrated young quarterbacks in this league including Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson … And we end with talking about our two favorite subjects: Dunta Robinson and the magnificent Philadelphia Eagles.

Duration: 1 hour, 19 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... gency-9098

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 40 “A Sense of Urgency”
September 27th, 2013

Allen and I are back to discuss the Falcons disappointing loss to the Miami Dolphins in Week 3 as well as preview what we hope to be a rebound win against the New England Patriots in primetime in Week 4 … Questions we try to answer in this episode: 1. Are the Falcons playing with a sense of urgency? 2. Will their schedule in the coming weeks help them get out of this rut? 3. Do the Falcons need to add more pass rush help? 4. Is Stephen Nicholas headed to the bench or the unemployment line? 5. How will Steven Jackson’s injury impact the next few weeks? 6. What is wrong with Thomas DeCoud? We also discuss the play of some of the young players in the secondary, whether veteran players on the defensive line are up to snuff, and whether Matt Ryan deserves criticism for the mistakes made against the Dolphins. We also look around the league at the recent Browns trade rumors, Josh Freeman, and I may be abandoning the Eagles bandwagon.

Duration: 1 hour, 5 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 pm 

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... s-osi-9165

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 41 “Anonymous Osi”
October 3rd, 2013

Allen and I are back with guest star Tom Melton to discuss the Falcons Week 4 loss to the New England Patriots. The questions we wish to answer this week are: 1) Are the Falcons approaching must-win territory in the coming weeks? 2) Will the Falcons youth movement in the wake of injuries is going to cost them this year? 3) Do the Falcons have enough balance on offense and can they turn things around in the red zone? 4) Just how awesome is Tony Gonzalez really? 5) How effective is the Falcons pass rush and whether the Osi Umenyiora signing is working out? 6) Was Mike Smith’s gutsy 4th down call the right move? 7) Did Mike Nolan’s scheme cost the Falcons the game? … We give our thoughts on the upcoming matchup against the New York Jets, as well as assess the play of the offensive line, receivers, young tight ends, and also look around the league at Josh Freeman’s situation in Tampa Bay.

Duration: 1 hour, 6 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... wrong-9206

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 42 “The Mayans Were Wrong”
October 12th, 2013

Allen and I are back and more sullen than ever as they recap the Atlanta Falcons Monday Night Football loss to the New York Jets. Things we discuss: How the Falcons defense made Geno Smith look extremely poised; The offensive line’s struggles and problems that will likely continue the rest of the season; Matt Ryan and Jacquizz Rodgers being two of few bright spots on offense; Concerns over the defense and special teams; Whether Levine Toilolo is the only hope among the Falcons non-star receivers; Whether Robert McClain has played well enough to keep his job; Red Zone Efficiency; I apologize to Osi Umenyiora… Finally we discuss the impact of Julio Jones’ injury and whether trading for a player such as Josh Gordon would be a good move; Trading Tony; How the Falcons can turn their season around; Corey Peters and whether he’s earned a new contract; What happened to Stephen Nicholas?; and finish up with some around the league stuff, where I find a way to call out Drew Davis.

Duration: 1 hour, 3 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... leman-9238

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 43 “More Gangster than Gentleman”
October 17th, 2013

Allen and I are joined by friend Rashad James (aka The Mattural) to discuss the Falcons upcoming Week 7 matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, as well as discuss the many issues that plague the Falcons in 2013. In our preview of the Bucs game, I give my insights to what I saw from the Bucs in their Week 6 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles and how things could play out on both sides of the ball. We then discuss: 1) Which young receivers can step up in light of Julio Jones injury. 2) Whether the rest of the 2013 season rests on the shoulders of Matt Ryan 3) Whether Levine Toilolo is going to be a key asset for the Falcons offense moving forward 4) What is the Falcons identity? 5) Do the Falcons need to reshuffle their offensive line? 6) Should fans be throwing in the towel at this point? 7) A referendum on Thomas Dimitroff’s job so far as the team’s GM 8) Whether the Falcons need to make a trade for a wideout. We end things as usual recapping some of their observations from other teams around the league, including our joy over the New Orleans Saints’ devastating loss to the New England Patriots.

Duration: 1 hour, 13 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... -fire-9283

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 44 “Tampa Bay is a Dumpster Fire”
October 25th, 2013

Allen and I are joined once again by Rashad James (aka The Mattural), making his second consecutive appearance on the podcast to discuss the Atlanta Falcons win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 7. We discuss some of the standout players from the game including William Moore, Malliciah Goodman, Harry Douglas, and Desmond Trufant. We also take a look at the play of the Falcons young linebackers and whether or not they have what it takes to turn into good NFL linebackers. In their preview of Week 8, we discuss how much impact a healthy Steven Jackson can bring, whether or not there needs to be changes made at punt returner, how the Falcons left tackle matches up with John Abraham, and whether the Falcons defense can take advantage of Arizona’s lackluster offensive attack.

Duration: 1 hour, 1 minute

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... -give-9315

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 45 “Something’s Gotta Give”
November 1st, 2013

Allen and I recap the Falcons disappointing loss to the Arizona Cardinals in Week 8, considering it one of the most disheartening losses for the Falcons in years. We also discuss the sense of complacency that seems to surround the Falcons franchise over the years, and this current regime in particular. Other topics: Steven Jackson and the historically bad Falcons running game; Sam Baker vs. Duane Brown; Darius Johnson’s future; Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford headline a stronger 2013 draft class. We then switch focus to the Falcons upcoming matchup against the Carolina Panthers in Week 9 and look at: the formidable matchup between the Falcons offensive line and the Panthers front seven; break down Cam Newton’s strengths and weaknesses; and whether the Falcons need to be more aggressive on both sides of the ball to get the win.

Duration: 1 hour, 4 minutes

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... -game-9335

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 46 “It’s Just a Numbers Game”
November 5th, 2013

This week, Allen and I are joined by the Falcoholic himself, Dave Choate, to discuss the current state of the Atlanta Falcons. Now at the midpoint of the 2013 season, we discuss in-depth the issues facing this team for the remainder of this season and the following years. We discuss the things they liked and disliked in the Falcons Week 9 loss to the Carolina Panthers, and also preview the upcoming matchup in Week 10 versus the Seattle Seahawks. We talk about Matt Ryan’s struggles and whether he is as good as advertised; Roddy White’s beef with Richard Sherman; the play of young linebackers like Joplo Bartu and Paul Worrilow and the bright futures ahead of them; the young cornerbacks in Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford and how their progress is a sign that the team’s drafting may not be as bad as previously thought; and what sort of changes Arthur Blank may wind up instituting at the end of this season in both the front office, coaching staff, and roster; We look ahead some of the potential veterans that could find themselves playing in other uniforms in 2014; and Allen and I finish by looking at several of the issues around the league including Richie Incognito, Andrew Luck, and the overrated Kansas City Chiefs.

Duration: 1 hour, 21 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:25 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I have to say while I probably only listen to one out of every 3-4 of these, they have improved allot since you switched out the last guy with Allen. There's more of a chemistry between the two of you and a bit more of your personalities is coming through. I think your end game should be to sound like a few guys at a bar, comfortable, having fun, making jokes, but also being subject matter experts, i.e. both entertaining and informational. Anyways, my two cents.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:49 am 
Superstar
Superstar

DaveWaz wrote:
I have to say while I probably only listen to one out of every 3-4 of these, they have improved allot since you switched out the last guy with Allen. There's more of a chemistry between the two of you and a bit more of your personalities is coming through. I think your end game should be to sound like a few guys at a bar, comfortable, having fun, making jokes, but also being subject matter experts, i.e. both entertaining and informational. Anyways, my two cents.

Much appreciated Dave. That's what were trying to do. Ryan was just a weird guy man, I'm just straight up and no bullshit. Sometimes I'll admit I can't pronounce someone's name, but I'm always paying attention and never shying away.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:42 pm 

I know I haven't updated this thread in a while, but if you're looking for all the podcasts, you can go here: http://falcfans.com/category/podcast

Here's the latest episode:

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... goes-10256

FalcFans Podcast – Ep. 57 “Who Stays, Who Goes?”
February 4th, 2014

This week, Allen has a snow day and I ask Dave Choate of The Falcoholic to fill in. We discuss several Atlanta Falcons players that are on the bubble, as we decide which players we think stay or go this offseason. Among the players discussed are Steven Jackson, Harry Douglas, Osi Umenyiora, Jonathan Babineaux, Asante Samuel and Thomas DeCoud. Afterwards, I give my thoughts on the Falcons cap room, while Dave weighs in on the recent induction of Claude Humphrey into the Hall of Fame and whether it will open opportunities for other past Falcon greats. We finish off the episode by discussing Super Bowl XLVIII, the Seattle Seahawks blueprint and potential dynasty, free agent pass rushers that are on the Falcons radar, and whether trading up for Jadeveon Clowney is worthwhile with Khalil Mack possibly available.

Duration: 1 hour, 7 minutes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:26 pm 

http://falcfans.com/falcfans-podcast-ep ... eams-14610

Episode 66 – Tear Down Your Hopes and Dreams

Allen and I are joined by The Falcoholic contributor, Murf Baldwin, to discuss our thoughts on the Atlanta Falcons 2014 draft class. Murf gives a less than glowing assessment of the Falcons picks, including whether or not Ra’Shede Hageman and Dezmen Southward offered good value in the second and third rounds. We wonder whether or not the Falcons pass rush has been significantly improved and break down whether Devonta Freeman and their late-round picks add anything to the roster that wasn’t already there. Allen and I finish with a brief discussion of our hopes for the NBA playoffs, our usual around the league segment, as well as Allen’s explanation on why he could not make a triumphant return to Radio City Music Hall to witness the draft.

Duration: 1 hour, 26 minutes

Profile E-mail