first-pick.com, part 2.

NFL Draft and college football-related topics can be posted here. Includes past draft scouting reports as well.
dwmyers

first-pick.com, part 2.

Postby dwmyers » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:57 am

Another draft. Just trying to see where folks fit..

Round 1 Pick 22 (HOU): Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky (A-)
Round 2 Pick 19: Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 21 (HOU): Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 18: DeAndre Houston-Carson, FS, William & Mary (B)
Round 4 Pick 17: Evan Boehm, C, Missouri (B-)
Round 7 Pick 17: Jordan Lucas, SS, Penn State (A-)

At 17 I often see both Lawson and Spence. I don't think we will see both come the real draft, but the hope that the pass rushing DEs fall doesn't displease me. I traded down and lost Lawson on pick 21.

Kenny Clark is someone I started paying attention to when it said he was a nose tackle that could pass rush. To get an inside and an outside pass rusher isn't such a bad way to go. Victor Butler of Louisiana Tech is often available here as well.

Braxton Miller in the middle of the second is come and go, but if I get a second 2nd rounder, yes I take him.

DeAndre Houston-Carson spent 3 years at cornerback. I would rather have safeties that can play CB in a pinch.

I'm experimenting with C selections in the 4th. You can, of course, take the Iowa kid, if that's how you roll.

At the 7th round slot, first pick does like Tajae Sharpe WR from Mass, better than Jordan Lucas, who I picked up here.

Pudge
Site Admin

Re: first-pick.com, part 2.

Postby Pudge » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:56 pm

I haven't watched much of him, but everything I've read about Houston-Carson suggests he's the type of DB that Quinn would turn into a CB, not keep at FS.

Boehm also is not an ideal fit in our zone-blocking scheme. While I wouldn't call him a "road-grader" he's better suited to that blocking scheme than one that is going to ask him to live on the 2nd level like ours does.

But other than that, no real nitpicks.

Return to “The War Room”