It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whining Eagle fans lose another wait to next year!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:06 am 

I wonder how the Eagle's feel now playing a team that has a top defense and offense instead of the NFC teams? I don't pity the Eagle's losing this game they had there chances.This loss probably hurts more than the NFC Championship losses. Maybe once the Eagle fans give some respect to other teams fans,teams and are humble for once instead of acting like maniacs and whining all the time you can't win and get the breaks the curse will be over.

Next year since the Patriot's are losing there off and def coordinators the Eagles should be the fav to win next year's super bowl woth a healthy TO and the rest of there players healthy.Will see but this has to be a tough night being an Eagle's fan.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:58 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah I think the Eagles are in pretty good shape for next year. Most of their players should return, they are really only looking at losing a few players: Chad Lewis, Jon Runyan, Jermane Mayberry, Corey Simon, and Jeremiah Trotter. All good players, but besides Simon and maybe Trotter, none are really essential to their Super Bowl run. They are still a very tough team that should win 11 or 12 games without any of those guys.

And I don't think you'll ever get Eagles fans to change. Philly is a city that has a very "us vs. them" attitude, and they'll always be like that.

I think the one thing that will hurt the Eagles potentially next year, is a long-term injury to a key player such as McNabb. They've shown they can still be a playoff team without any of their other top stars (including Westbrook, Owens, and Kearse).

And I don't think you could call the last 4 years a curse. The Buffalo Bills may have a curse, the Eagles however do not.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:06 am 
Role Player
Role Player

Pudge wrote:
Yeah I think the Eagles are in pretty good shape for next year. Most of their players should return, they are really only looking at losing a few players: Chad Lewis, Jon Runyan, Jermane Mayberry, Corey Simon, and Jeremiah Trotter. All good players, but besides Simon and maybe Trotter, none are really essential to their Super Bowl run.

Of those listed, Simon was probably had the least impact in helping them get there, or at least that's my take from the Philly games I saw. Trotter was probably the biggest help, as when he stepped in after the Pitt game, their run defense was much improved. Simon didn't play as well as he could have, and it could be argued that Rayburn was their most consistent DT, and he's a backup IIRC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:34 am 

Yeah, I think Simon probably had his worst year as a pro this past season, and its why the Eagles would be wise not to overspend for him. But I do think that he is the league's best DT (only because Trevor Pryce plays DE), but guys like Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers are quickly closing the gap.

Rayburn played well this past year, and he might be the starter (they did give him a long-term extension during the season). But there is still talk that Simon could get tagged, since the Eagles could definitely afford to keep him (something like $13 million under the cap?).

Simon is a player I would love to have here in Atlanta, but he's likely to get a $10 million bonus from some team this off-season, and I'm not quite ready to spend that big at DT again.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:44 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

With $17 mill in cap room, I'm sure the Eagles will definitely re-load and be a very serious contender next year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:53 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

Pudge wrote:
But I do think that he is the league's best DT (only because Trevor Pryce plays DE), but guys like Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers are quickly closing the gap.

Wow, we got a major difference of opinion there. I would say DTs like Jenkins, Rogers and even Kevin Williams have surpassed Simon in the NFC alone. Simon had a down year during a contract season in which his team reached the Super Bowl. That tells me that he's not playing up to abilities and easily gets me to drop him several notches.

I myself wouldn't want Simon in here for a 5mil bonus, let alone 10. However, if the choices were solely between him and Hovan, I'd take Simon without hesitation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:45 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

LO wrote:
Pudge wrote:
But I do think that he is the league's best DT (only because Trevor Pryce plays DE), but guys like Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers are quickly closing the gap.

Wow, we got a major difference of opinion there. I would say DTs like Jenkins, Rogers and even Kevin Williams have surpassed Simon in the NFC alone. Simon had a down year during a contract season in which his team reached the Super Bowl. That tells me that he's not playing up to abilities and easily gets me to drop him several notches.

I myself wouldn't want Simon in here for a 5mil bonus, let alone 10. However, if the choices were solely between him and Hovan, I'd take Simon without hesitation.

This was the year that everyone said that Simon would have his best year due to the fact that he would be playing next to Kearse.