It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jenkins set for breakout year
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:30 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

PFW wrote:
Pro Bowl CB DeAngelo Hall just can’t get enough football, and that’s why we saw him strolling around the halls of the Indiana Convention Center during the Scouting Combine. Hall said he was just hanging out and not there in an official capacity, though he was granted access to watch workouts behind the curtains in the RCA Dome. “If there’s anything to do with football, I’m there,” Hall told PFW. “Whether it’s scouting somebody or giving my own personal opinion on the guy. It’s just fun for me to get out there and watch guys run, lift, compete. At the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about. It’s not about how fast you run or how good you catch the ball. It’s about who can come out here and compete day-in and day-out, no matter what situation they put you in.” While Hall was reluctant to give his scouting report on any of the players at the Combine, he did evaluate teammate WR Michael Jenkins, whom the Falcons selected in the first round of the 2004 draft: “I think he’s no different than Larry Fitzgerald, who caught 103 balls (in 2005),” Hall told PFW. “The guy got opportunities to make plays, and that’s all Michael Jenkins needs. I’m positive he can make those plays. He’s a great receiver, great guy. He’s definitely going to get it done this season.”

I'd be more likely to put my money on Roddy having the bigger year, since I expect Roddy to score more TDs than Jenkins, but I'd be dissappointed if both players didn't catch at least 50 passes and score 4 TDs this year.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:40 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I certainly hope you're right Pudge...

I have faith that Roddy will have a good year, but I am still unsure about Jenks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:13 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I am tempted to think that PFW is incorrect in this statement. I remember reading before out of AJC that D. Hall had compared Roddy White to Larry Fitz without all the hype...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:05 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Regardless whom DHall was referring to,...I also predict a monster year for our WRs. Ahem,...that means we're gonna have to predict the Falcons QB has a good year too.;) And I do and am, on both accounts.

When ya get right down to it,...this is the formula, and ya'll are gonna blast me for this, but I think it's true,...the old Forty-Niners formula on how to build a team. I could go into the similarities, perhaps one that we have Steve Young(Schaub) backing up Joe Montana(Vick) in a sense(be open minded now lol). But the two WRs that can sting a secondary at any time? Rice and Taylor were that duo and I think White and Jenkens can be that duo. How does a D-coordinator defend that? Add Crump? Then add Vick? Ya see the talent we bring to the table on offense, and it's really something to feel comfortable about.

The defense? That's for another thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:34 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

and I think White and Jenkens can be that duo. How does a D-coordinator defend that? Add Crump? Then add Vick? Ya see the talent we bring to the table on offense, and it's really something to feel comfortable about.

- It's all about the consistency for me. I have no doubt that we've got the weapons to do some damage on offense, but for me it's aobut the consistency. Thats why I keep saying Vick, Jenkins, White and Crumpler need to go out to the desert this offseason, and not return until the nuances of our passing game are set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:55 am 

widetrak you nailed it. Someone should kidnap the 4 of them, steal about 10 footballs and locked them inside the Georgia Dome for about 2 weeks.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: It takes practice
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:18 am 

If Vick and the receivers ever want to get to be a dominating force in the league they better spend hours and hours on the field getting to know each others nuances.Its one thing to have potential but you have to have a 6th sense on knowing what to do when the time comes. I will believe it when I see it with Jenkins,White and Vick plus Crump! Next yr is the year that the offense must start showing signs of not having nearly as many 3 and outs.

Profile E-mail