It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mora Getting Axe? Other offseason notes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:24 pm 

Some news that is both old and new from KFFL.com

Quote:
Falcons | Team might want to restructure Griffith's contract
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:26:56 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons might want to restructure or extend the contract of FB Justin Griffith.

Falcons | Team might not spend big money in free agency
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:15:19 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons might not spend a lot of money in free agency. The team would likely try to lure players such as Minnesota Vikings S Corey Chavous, who is eligible for free agency March 3. The team would likely look at cornerback, veteran defensive end, offensive tackle, or a third-string quarterback.

Falcons | Team would like to re-sign Shaffer
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:13:49 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons are hoping to re-sign OT Kevin Shaffer, who is eligible for unrestricted free agency March 3.

Falcons | Team planning to exercise clause in Vick's contract
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:13:26 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons are planning to exercise a clause in QB Michael Vick's contract that would turn an upcoming $7 million roster bonus into a signing bonus. The clause would allow the team to pro-rate the cap impact over the rest of his contract, which expires in 2014.

Falcons | Team might want to restructure Brooking's contract
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:33:42 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons might want to restructure or extend the contract of LB Keith Brooking.

Falcons | Team might want to restructure Kerney's contract
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:34:11 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons might want to restructure or extend the contract of DL Patrick Kerney.

Falcons | Team will not pursue Ma. Vick
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:35:03 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons will not pursue Virginia Tech QB Marcus Vick in the NFL Draft. Falcons general manager Rich McKay said the team does not plan to interview any quarterbacks.

Falcons | Mora possibly on the hot seat
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:36:01 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Atlanta Falcons head coach Jim Mora might get fired after the 2006 season if his team fails to make the postseason. Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt would be a top candidate to replace him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:38 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

That's funny that not only do they have Mora fired, but they already have his replacement too. I do agree that he'll need to make the playoffs though, but we had a lot hurt this year and a lot of rookies played. It was really tough for us to make the playoffs this year in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:48 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I hope we don't turn into a team that fires a coach every two years...that'd suck...I dont want to be the raiders... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:50 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Falcons | Team will not pursue Ma. Vick
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:35:03 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons will not pursue Virginia Tech QB Marcus Vick in the NFL Draft. Falcons general manager Rich McKay said the team does not plan to interview any quarterbacks.

- IMO, this tells me schaub isn't going anywhere.

Falcons | Team planning to exercise clause in Vick's contract
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:13:26 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons are planning to exercise a clause in QB Michael Vick's contract that would turn an upcoming $7 million roster bonus into a signing bonus. The clause would allow the team to pro-rate the cap impact over the rest of his contract, which expires in 2014.

- IMO, this tells me vick isn't going anywhere either. Actually I think this is one of the two triggers I was talking about in another post (ie. he didn't have to restructure his contract like some were thinking).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:04 pm 

IMO if Atlanta lets Mora go they might as well trade Vick in the process. I don't think Vick could realistically survive another offensive system change which would happen if Mora is axed.