It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ricky Williams Rides Again
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:44 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Dennis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/9251291

Reports say Dolphins' Williams failed drug test

(Feb. 20, 2006) -- Two different news sources are reporting that Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has failed a drug test, though team and league officials have not confirmed the reports.

The Miami Herald as well as Denver television station KDVR are reporting that Williams has violated the NFL's substance abuse policy, but neither has said whether Williams missed a required test or failed it.

If Williams does fail another test, it would be his fourth and he would face a one-year suspension by the NFL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:08 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yeah but it's also being reported that he failed the test because he missed the test. He was in India and missed the test which means he failed it. So until the facts come out, we won't really know what happened.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:43 pm 

India? I guess Ricky was off doing his "living with nature in a tent while smoking weeding" thing now that the season is over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:53 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

oooohhhhmmmmmmmmmm :oops: lol that icon looks like someone holding a t,...ahem, sorry. 8-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:59 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I really don't get why the league cares so much if these guys smoke weed. Half of them live on pain killers for Christ's sake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:28 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

The_Incomparable wrote:
I really don't get why the league cares so much if these guys smoke weed. Half of them live on pain killers for Christ's sake.

Same reason they care if the players are on cocaine. It's illegal whereas painkillers are not if you have a prescription and there is no way to test for abuse of those unfortunately...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:55 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

starley657 wrote:
Yeah but it's also being reported that he failed the test because he missed the test. He was in India and missed the test which means he failed it. So until the facts come out, we won't really know what happened.

You keep on believing that if you want to. If it wasn't MJ, he's going to come up with the same old whine "I didn't know it was in there".

http://sports.iwon.com/news/02212006/v6 ... e&SEC=news

By STEVEN WINE
MIAMI (AP) - Troubled running back Ricky Williams is appealing a positive drug test that could force the Miami Dolphins star to sit out the 2006 season, a person familiar with the case said Monday.

If the positive test result is upheld, it would be Williams' fourth violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy, meaning at least a one-year suspension.

Previous positive tests were for marijuana, which Williams acknowledged using. But the latest test involved a drug other than marijuana, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because league policy is to keep test results confidential.

The Miami Herald reported Monday that two sources said Williams failed a test for a substance not publicly known. His latest positive test was first reported Sunday by Denver television station KDVR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:57 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

The_Incomparable wrote:

Think about it... if YOU stood to lose millions upon millions of dollars if you tested positive, wouldn't YOU stop smoking it? It is illegal for good reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:17 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

RdHdBirdFan wrote:
The_Incomparable wrote:

Think about it... if YOU stood to lose millions upon millions of dollars if you tested positive, wouldn't YOU stop smoking it? It is illegal for good reason.

It all depends. The funny thing is Marijuana is nor worse than alcohol in regards to addictiveness, effects on the body, and effects on the mind; yet here we are in a land where idiots can go out & drink a liter of Jagermiester and drive home with the only repercussions being you might spend the night in jail. To me, alcohol is far worse than Marijuana ever could be because smoking too much marijuana is not really possible, after the initial high it really has little to no effect. If guys stood to lose millions because drinking was illegal, or smoking cigs for that matter, do you really think for a second they wouldn't drink?

That said, it appears this is something else this time. Perhaps he was doing a couple cycles of roids to get his muscle mass back that he had lost over the past couple of years? Interesting. I seriously doubt it was coke or anything like that though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:36 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

If anyone wants to discuss the reason why pot is illegal and alcohol isn't I will be more than happy to get into that in the off topic forum...I just did a whole whole whole lot of research on it and I am have learned a ton....

and I wouldn't doubt the 'roids thing...makes sense even if it is just a shot in the dark guess...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:22 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I posted something int he Lounge:

http://www.falcfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1344

Profile E-mail