It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DeLo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:53 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Will run in this years NFL fastest man competition during the probowl weekend. Vick will again compete in the accuracy competition.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/skillschallenge

Scrool to bottom to see who will do what.

I hope DeLo will win but I'm afraid he will get smoked by Mathis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:13 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

why isnt rossum in it?
didnt he win last year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:19 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yea Rossum won it last year but only the players that make the Pro Bowl participate in the events. Hopefully DeLo can bring the speed crown back to the ATL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:34 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

well if those reported 4.15 40's that he ran in college are true then I'd feel secure saying he will bring the speed crown back home to ATL..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:10 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

DeLo should win this hands down. Nobody should really present a serious threat to him speed-wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:14 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I don't buy into his VT times, colleges skew #'s so much it isint funny.

And Incomparable I'd be worried about Mathis, he ran a 4.32 at the combine last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:06 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

vickisthebest wrote:
I don't buy into his VT times, colleges skew #'s so much it isint funny.

And Incomparable I'd be worried about Mathis, he ran a 4.32 at the combine last year.

Hall ran that 40 time cold. The way he has run down every WR that beat him this year, I have not doubt Hall will win it. Mathis should make it interesting though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:05 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Hall in a runaway. His combine shuttle run is still the sickest athletic feet I've seen in a while for things of that nature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

What? Hall ran 4.15 cold? Is that what you're saying?

I dont buy into VT's times at all, they are known for inflating thier numbers. I will bet my house that Hall doesnt run anywhere near a 4.15. Hall refused to run at the combine after every scout almost begged him to.

And as far as I remember he didnt run at his pro day either reling on a "4.15" he ran when he was barely 19...riiiiight.

As for the shuttle......you are right widetrak, that was absolutley sick when he did that but that is completely different from running in a straight line, granted it will help him obviously off the line, but trust me Mathis can fly!!!!!

I hope DeLo will win, but I think Mathis will win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:35 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I agree that colleges pad numbers, and I also know that VT has a notoriously fast track, but that said even if a 4.15 is a full tenth of a second faster than his real time that leaves him at a 4.25.....My money is on Hall, but Mathis will at least make it interesting....hey and what is Mathis going to the Pro Bowl for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:01 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think they infalet alot more then 0.1, Vick was claimed to be 4.20 when it turned out he was a 4.37. Kevin Jones was said to be 4.3 when he ran a 4.6, But who cares we'll find out how fast he is in a couple weeks.

And Mathis made the Bowl as a returner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:08 pm 

Can we drop the hundredths of a second? It really has no value what-so-ever because a guy that runs 2 hundredths of a second faster than another guy will still get caught. You could even question tenths of a second but someone that runs a 4.3 will likely blow the doors off of a guy that runs a 4.7.

A human blink lasts about 1/10th of second (http://science.discovery.com/fansites/d ... facts.html) so tell me how 1/100th of a second matters for an athelete?

But in the end the only numbers that matter are seconds and tenths. If you are a 4.3 guy you are a 4.3 guy period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:41 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Well fact is, Nate Clements I recall almost beat Rossum last year. And I never in my life would have thought Clements had that type of speed.

Bob Sanders is quick, I'm not sure if he has great sprinter speed, but we'll see. We know Mathis is a blazer and Tyree I believe ran track in college.

And it doesn't matter if Hall is the fastest among the quartet that runs. It is an obvious "no duh" statement, but it isn't about who was the fastest 2 or 3 years ago at whatever time race they ran, it is about who runs the best on that day. If anyone gets off to a bad start, he's going to lose the race. I watched it last year on NFL Network, and frankly the people that won the race were the guys that got the best starts. Rossum won last year because in the 2 races he ran, he got the best start in each, not because he was teh fastest guy out there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:27 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

vickisthebest wrote:
What? Hall ran 4.15 cold? Is that what you're saying?

I dont buy into VT's times at all, they are known for inflating thier numbers. I will bet my house that Hall doesnt run anywhere near a 4.15. Hall refused to run at the combine after every scout almost begged him to.

And as far as I remember he didnt run at his pro day either reling on a "4.15" he ran when he was barely 19...riiiiight.

As for the shuttle......you are right widetrak, that was absolutley sick when he did that but that is completely different from running in a straight line, granted it will help him obviously off the line, but trust me Mathis can fly!!!!!

I hope DeLo will win, but I think Mathis will win.

Hall ran a 4.34 at the Combine ice cold. He wasn't even going to run, but he hopped in there & ran completely cold just to prove a point. DeLo could run a legit 4.25 or better if warmed up & ready to run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:28 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Actually, if I remember correctly the one who flew off the time every time was actuallt Lito Sheppard. That guy was at top speed before the bell was even done ringing. But fortuantely for Rossum Lito's top speed wasnt anywhere near Allens.

I remember watching Andre Johnson last year and he has a perfect sprinters form.....taking quick steps at first then straigting out his back and taking long strides...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yep and that is where the 3 cone drill type agility will help him out a lot. DeLo will win just to prove a point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:42 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

DeLo will win just to prove a point.

I hope so. I bet "experts" would start to claim we are the fastest team in the NFL, which we probably are.

Lets also hope DeLo doesnt run as low as I see him running some times......it will slow him down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:35 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Let this be a lesson to all the doubters in this forum, Hall & Vick are the real deal folks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:52 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Well, Hall is anyways, Vick finished last in the accuracy competition again but I still think he'll get there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:33 am 
Superstar
Superstar

- Very nice gesture from DeLo. I really expect him to be the leader of our defense for the coming years. I was hoping it was gonna be Hartwell, with his attitude, but I'll take Delo now instead.

BeamerBall.com: Okay, switching gears, we understand that you were a guest of DeAngelo Hall's at the NFL Pro Bowl in Hawaii. How did that come about?

Bryan Stinespring: My phone rang and all DeAngelo said was, "Do you have your bags packed?" I thought he knew something I didn't. I thought he knew that I'd been fired or something. Then he told me that I was going to Hawaii. He was dead serious. He told me that he had taken care of everything and that everything that I needed was already on the way. I was shocked and very appreciative. I even called him back and told him that he didn't need to do this. He told me it was done and that was that. To be honest, I got a little emotional over it. It was very touching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:49 am 
Superstar
Superstar

- cont...

BeamerBall.com: Some people give DeAngelo a bad rap because they mistake his competitiveness for arrogance. How do you see it?

Bryan Stinespring: DeAngelo Hall is the most competitive person I've ever been around. For him, winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. He absolutely can't stand to lose. For example, he had absolutely no intentions of running in the fastest man competition. They asked him and he told them no thanks. He told them that he just wanted to have a nice week with family and friends at the pro bowl and wasn't going to take part in any of the competitions. He told them that he just wanted to be a spectator. Well, somebody told him that he was scared. That's all it took. He jumped down out of the stands, stretched out for about three minutes, went to the starters blocks and wore them out. It's just his nature. DeAngelo is big hearted and he cares about Virginia Tech. But, he's fiercely competitive. He wants to be the best. Period.